Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH PREVIEW: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 11th November 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off

Comments

• Options
    As usual with us I dont think we have a chance in hell of getting anything tomorrow but I said the same thing away to Wigan. Was certain of winning the games we have lost against the lowly teams. So who knows hopefully its an enjoyable festival of football whatever the result lol
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    2-2. 112th game v Pompey......which teams have we played more times then that?
  • Options
    I think we'll get a draw. 1-1.
  • Options
    We're coming into this off the back of the Wigan game. We'll have Dobson, CBT, Hector, T Campbell, Watson, Leaburn etc back in the starting lineup. Let's give 'em hell (and make the right subs this time) 
  • Options
    Oh, and Jones obv, haha
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    No one ?  :#
  • Options
    I'll go for Charlton going in ahead at half time, the outcome being decided by who we bring on, none too impressive were the substitutes at Wigan. 
  • Options
    I’m with Blucher, think Apples should play three in midfield. TC on the bench, pity Taylor is injured, Fraser not strong in defence mode; so McGrandles or Anderson for me.
       2 - 2   Alfie gets another brace.
  • Options
    Staying down in Waterlooville with my Pompey mate that I’ve known since 1980.
    He came to the first game back.
    Always had a good night out in Pompey but we’ll be staying in tomorrow with the families.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey 2 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    Despite our tremendous record at this magnificent monument to everything modern in stadium design, a draw would be a very good result, 1-1.
  • Options
    We need a solid first 20 mins on the pitch to quieten their fans, meanwhile, we need a wall of sound to keep our boys going. 

Whatever the team does, let’s make sure we are solid behind them. Memories of Lapslie clearing off the line with his face, make me think it’s going to be a similar high tempo game this time. 
  • Options
    It would be typical Charlton to embarrass ourselves against a non league side and then go and put on a show against the league leaders.

0-3 Charlton  
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Not sure Pompey are that good tbh. I watched their cup upset and the number of late winners they have had is untrue. But they have momentum and I think our luck down there will finally turn. 3-0 to Pompey. I think the Cray result has been massive in our season and not in a good way at all.
  • Options
    They have scraped through quite a few games, last minute equalisers and winners.
  • Options
    I'm down there with a few mates in the Pompey end. Looking forward to the game and night out!
  • Options
    As stated above this Pompy team aren’t a patch on Plymouth, Ipswich or Wednesday last year and only through a weird run of late winners and comebacks are they where they are. Variance has to kick in at some point.

I am much more confident of getting something from this game than I ever was against Bolton.

We need to be at our best and be solid early on. Think it has the feel of a win by a 1 goal margin but I’m not sure which team will get the all important winner.
  • Options
    6-0 Pompey

May to get a season ending injury and there's major traffic delays on the way home. 
    In all seriousness I think this will be a very tight one and a good game of football. 

If we manage to not making any silly mistakes at the back then I can see us scoring a couple.

1-2 Alfie May double
  • Options
    They have not lost all season in the league, we will finish that record tomorrow.  We could play there with 10 men and still win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice preview, 

Very tough one to call, I feel it's a huge checkpoint in the season for both teams. If Pompey can finally end their bad run against us and get a result, their fans may start properly believing promotion is on and they could really ride the momentum. On the other hand a win for us will tell us, with a bit of form we can stake a claim in that top6. Feel like both teams may play a bit too cagey and we will see a rare draw at Fratton Park. 

I honestly also wouldn't be surprised to see either team win comfortably as it has the feel of a big game. 

Head says 1-1 heart says 2-1 Charlton. 

Will be heading soon, safe Travels to everyone and see you all there 

Come on you reds 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    One eye on the cup…& along with Dobbo & May trying not to get booked,think we will struggle with this one 3-1 loss unfortunately…then roll on Wednesday for the Big Match…🫣

Up The Addicks 
  • Options
    I think an early goal either way may not be good for us. Go in nil nil at half time and we will be well placed. They are top of the league for a reason and we are not good enough defensively to stop them in any other way than imposing our attacking game on them. That is our strength as it stands and we have to play to it.
  • Options
    Like what Millwall are to us we are the same to Pompey. We could be down to 9 men with May & Leaburn not on the pitch and we'd still win. Forget form & table positions there is only 1 outcome this afternoon.....Another Addicks victory.

1-2 
  • Options
    Statistically speaking a run of 7 most usually doesn't make it to 8, (fast decline in chances after 6 consecutive outcomes i think) - for that reason alone i will say Pompey win, and 8/11 with William Hill is tempting.
  • Options
    Statistically speaking a run of 7 most usually doesn't make it to 8, (fast decline in chances after 6 consecutive outcomes i think) - for that reason alone i will say Pompey win, and 8/11 with William Hill is tempting.
    Statistically speaking, it's a one off game so carries the same odds as other one off games.
  • Options
    Like what Millwall are to us we are the same to Pompey. We could be down to 9 men with May & Leaburn not on the pitch and we'd still win. Forget form & table positions there is only 1 outcome this afternoon.....Another Addicks victory.

1-2 
    Good game to start Charlie Kirk. We need to pad his stats before January.
  • Options
    Statistically speaking, it's a one off game so carries the same odds as other one off games.
    A 'one off', in a sense yes, of course, but that's not how patterns form.
  • Options
    No one ?  :#
    Really wasn't to sure thought we may have played Middlesbrough more times.