Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup šŸ†1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• What side is it on? Says BBC 2 on Sofascore but canā€™t find it anywhere on the bbc app
    Donā€™t worry. Found it.Ā 
  • Should add that the timing is completely fucked up.

Got to watch both the Brazilian GP, and Charlton at the same time today!! - If only we'd been selected at midday instead of Pompey, am sure they wouldn't have minded the late journey home @ 7pm
    Just watch the first and last 5 minutes of the Grand Prix, only important bits, then concentrate on the match...šŸ˜‰
    What about half time for a catch up šŸ˜‰
  • Paul Konchesky on punditry duty
  • What side is it on? Says BBC 2 on Sofascore but canā€™t find it anywhere on the bbc app
    Donā€™t worry. Found it.Ā 
    Wasn't worried anyway...šŸ™„šŸ˜‰
  • Caved and bought ESPN+, these games for whatever reason really excite me, looking forward to a hard fought match
  • Looking forward to seeing Anderson but a bit worried thatĀ Abankwah will be up to playing the full back role. Don't want Dobbo playing today, save him for Pompey.
  • edited November 2023
    We're off and running on the box with Lisbie Snr and Jnr , but looking like a reasonable turnout in the JS stand from Cray...
  • Paul Konchesky on punditry duty
    Seems really insightful so far...
  • Sponsored links:

• 11 changes is madness in my opinionĀ 
  • 11 changes is a mistake. Cheers Mr AppletonĀ 
  • We're off and running on the box with Lisbie Snr and Jnr , but looking like a reasonable turnout in the JS stand from Cray...
    I was looking at that and thinking "which one is Senior?"

Lisbinho must have a portrait sitting in his attic; he looks younger than when he played for us FFS.

• Early Charlton goal pleaseĀ 
  • Before the team was announced I was confident. I think this has suddenly become a whole new proposition.Ā 
  • How close is that starting 11 to the 11 who tried to throw away a 3 goal lead up at Wigan?
    And how good are the Cray Valley PM team compared to the Wigan team

I mean I get we have to show respect to the oppositionĀ 

But come on there is no one who can honestly say the team we have put out is not good enough to be beating a team like CVPMĀ 

We haven't out out an under 18s team, we have put out a team of senior pros who have played league 1 football this seasonĀ 
    Is it a team though?
    It's 11 players but will they function as a team?

You can bet your life Cray Valley will play like a team. The sum of their parts may outdo our cluster of individuals.

I'm concerned about this.
  • OK, I'm not going to be doing much commentary today, as watching the telly requires using my distance glasses, so my typing will be awful.
  • A reserve squad from Division 3 should be swatting away teams at this level.
    They are getting game time they'd not normally, and IF we are struggling we can bring in first team players from the bench.
  • If the starting 11 cant win this one then they don't belong in the normal playing squad.Ā 
  • Anderson clear in the box, should have made it 1-0...
  • Sponsored links:

• Good grief Kirk
  • Cray playing a high line early doors, and get the first corner...
  • Not seen it mentioned but Mal Turner on the bench is a big Charlton fan and family are season ticket holders. Hopeful heā€™ll get a run out at some point.
  • Played Kirk
  • edited November 2023
    I've just found out that their Lisbie is the son of our Kevin Lisbie, you would have thought that the BBC might have picked up on that Ā point once or 28 times.
  • Still can't believe Appleton is now our manager after years of that bloody photo!Ā 
  • Nice shot from Campbell that, pushed wide for a corner. The less said about Abankwah's header from the corner the better :)
  • This is the role on the right of the front 3 that I've been wanting to see Chem in ever since he impressed me in Pearces game in charge.Ā 

He's looked good early, hope he keeps it up and gets a go there in the league.
  • Fudge Thomas
  • Aah Bisto!