Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD (+POST p23): Charlton Athl v Cray Valley PM: FA Cup 🏆1st Rd: Sun 5 Nov 2023 | KO 17:30

Comments

• 10 minutes added time. SURELY fitness will be a factor.
  • Oh gawd, 10 more minutes of this torture. 
  • Release the ball Miles FFS. 
  • Jesus Leaburn. Just pass it ffs !
  • Walker looks like he's won a competition. Let's just hope AMB stays fit.
  • There are no words
  • Gribbo said:
    Could question MA, but maybe he just thought a team of League 1 players, 2nd fiddle or otherwise, should be putting a game like this to bed with the first 30 minutes?
    100% - he didn't pick all kids, it was a senior side with all professionals. Just abysmal 
  • Walker looks hopeless
  • That was highly unconvincing from Walker but kept it out I guess. 
  • This is really embarrassing 
  • Sponsored links:

• I fear the best thing here would be a defeat.  Don’t have to sit through a replay or the next shitty round, and it leaves everything exposed in terms of depth, squad and hunger.

• Absolutely S*****, embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • For the record no I’m not satisfied.

Fact remains that we started with a team of full time professionals against part timers. 
    Your clearly not swearing at the team every few minutes, so you must be satisfied with how things are going?
  • Wonder if this was Appleton exposing how bad our supporting players are. 
  • What is our style? Why can't we impose ourselves on a team in the eighth tier FFS?

It's been a really tough watch, so little quality. 
  • From BBC:

Whatever happens, this game will be spoken about forever in South East London football circles. 

If Cray Valley could somehow find a winner, it would cement the single biggest upset by an away side in the history of the world's oldest cup competition. No side 117 places adrift of their hosts has ever won before.

• Anyone who's interested Strictly Come Dancing just started on BBC1...🙄
    Anyone who's interested ...

"Just F*** Off" will be starting on the post-match thread in about 5 minutes' time ...
  • Wouldn't mind losing this now. Might be the wake up call this bunch of wasters need!
  • Sponsored links:

• Freeman was lucky there
  • The lack of clear cut chances we have created is so poor. 
  • Why isn't May in the box?
  • No cohesion at all, we are completely disjointed
  • Amazing how Fraser looks physically bereft even against part timers 
  • The boos at FT will be deafening
  • Miles asking to be booked here.
  • Cray Valley need the money,draw is on the cards for replay.
  • For the record no I’m not satisfied.

Fact remains that we started with a team of full time professionals against part timers.

We’ve not looked much better with May, Leaburn etc on the pitch either.
    Full time I’ll accept, you have to question their professionalism though.