Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    cafckev said:
    It’s very hard for me, but I must feel I need to eat some humble pie regarding MA. He’s turned us around into a scoring machine since his arrival at the club 
    I'm actually a bit smug. Wasn't exactly pro Appleton (and certainly didn't expect THIS kind of form) but did think some of the criticism was overboard... which it was.
    Maybe its just a bit of luck for him at the moment, but his Game Management, and use of subs appears to be outstanding
    He absolutely HAS been lucky - we keep starting very slow and insipid before turning it up and that just can't keep happening forever, that bubble WILL burst.

But the old cliche "you make your own luck" also applies and he is the first manager we've had in years whose response to pressure is to fight fire with fire and not double down on trying to hold out defensively instead.
  • Options
    LEEEEEEABUUUURNNNNNNNNN
    TC with a beauty of an assist. 
  • Options
    And as they do Blackpool equalise at Oxford.

Big change at the top. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:
    Gills losing 1-2
    ross1 said:
    Gills losing 1-2
    And why are you telling us this? 
    Some are interested, you are obviously not
    Didn't want to sound a c*** but reading it back I do. I just didn't really understand why people would want to know about that non entity. 

Still sounding like a c***...sigh... 
  • Options
    Lovely finish... Great to see him back on the scoresheet
  • Options
    Such a fluid goal. Leaburn didn't have a moment's doubt.
  • Options
    We are motoring. Fair play.
    such a shame we had a slow start
  • Options
    Happy days. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LEEEEEAAABURRRNNNN- LOVELY BALL THROUGH FROM TUPAC
  • Options
    Don't know who played it but that was a killer through ball for Miles, just enough curl on it to get round the left-side defender and into Leaburn's path.
  • Options
    Kanu believe it!
  • Options
    Fair play most of the Reading support have stayed till the end...
  • Options
    Don't know who played it but that was a killer through ball for Miles, just enough curl on it to get round the left-side defender and into Leaburn's path.
    Apparently HIT EM UP Campbell 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    cafckev said:
    It’s very hard for me, but I must feel I need to eat some humble pie regarding MA. He’s turned us around into a scoring machine since his arrival at the club 
    I'm actually a bit smug. Wasn't exactly pro Appleton (and certainly didn't expect THIS kind of form) but did think some of the criticism was overboard... which it was.
    Maybe its just a bit of luck for him at the moment, but his Game Management, and use of subs appears to be outstanding
    He absolutely HAS been lucky - we keep starting very slow and insipid before turning it up and that just can't keep happening forever, that bubble WILL burst.

But the old cliche "you make your own luck" also applies and he is the first manager we've had in years whose response to pressure is to fight fire with fire and not double down on trying to hold out defensively instead.
    I think that's my feeling on Appleton too, we're getting results because we have good players and not necessarily because we have a great system. I still think he needs to get us playing better from the start.

But, our good players are playing well, and that's both to his credit and more than could be said for the first five matches. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    We are motoring. Fair play.
    such a shame we had a slow start
    Might want to save this comment and just keep it to paste into the next match thread too based on the last couple of games!  :smiley:
  • Options
    Up to 10th.

First time we’ve been top half since the opening day of the season I believe.
  • Options
    OK, hands up all those who foresaw a 4-0 FT scoreline at half time?

Not me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not me.
    I didn’t. I thought it would be 5-0.
  • Options
    FT 4-0 game of two halves, and again the subs changed things for the better...Nice...
  • Options

Full-time. Smashed it.
  • Options
    FT 4-0 YAY
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    FT details

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67108898

Not much in it apart from the goals
  • Options
    Only the top three have more goals than us now... Watch out League One, however temporary it may be... the Addicks are on a charge.
  • Options
    Piss the league gif....
  • Options

Not me.
    I was confident of a win
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!