Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Reading are in free-fall because of their ownership. 

A shame to see and they'll likely be in League Two next season. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    3-0? I feel oddly uncomfortable
    It's unholy and unnatural GM, i agree.
  • Options
    MOM CBT off for Camará
    Hector for me
  • Options
    1. 75'

Substitution

Substitution, Reading. Caylon Vickers replaces Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan.

2. 75'

Substitution

Substitution, Reading. Ben Elliott replaces Femi Azeez.

• Options
    cafckev said:
    It’s very hard for me, but I must feel I need to eat some humble pie regarding MA. He’s turned us around into a scoring machine since his arrival at the club 
    I'm actually a bit smug. Wasn't exactly pro Appleton (and certainly didn't expect THIS kind of form) but did think some of the criticism was overboard... which it was.
  • Options
    3-0? I feel oddly uncomfortable
    I should nip to the loo quickly...🙄
  • Options
    1. 79'

Post update

Michael Craig (Reading) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

2. 79'

Post update

Foul by Panutche Camará (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    ross1 said:

Michael Appleton about to become the first Addicks manager since Johnnie Jackson to go six unbeaten in the league at the start of his tenure. Doesn't feel that long ago but he's the third manager in that time.
    Havent won back to back games either in those six
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    cafckev said:
    It’s very hard for me, but I must feel I need to eat some humble pie regarding MA. He’s turned us around into a scoring machine since his arrival at the club 
    I'm actually a bit smug. Wasn't exactly pro Appleton (and certainly didn't expect THIS kind of form) but did think some of the criticism was overboard... which it was.
    Same. Although I still think there's work to be done. I think some of his success has been having some very good players come in/get fit. But I felt like he was a big upgrade on Holden and I feel vindicated by that.
  • Options
    CBT poor so far today
    Aged well…
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Charlton corner, taken by Fraser ...

Headed out as far as TC who lined up another shot ...

Only for it to be blocked 10 yards out by Thomas!
  • Options
    1. 82'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Nelson Abbey.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Told you he should have started.

Make me manager & we'll storm this division. 
    As long a we don't play on a Sunday .....
    I tip my hat to you sir…
  • Options

That's a shame, corner comes out to TC and his volley hits Thomas when it might have been going in. TC then beats a man well to get into the area and his cross is put behind.
  • Options
    Why don't they start with Nathan and TC...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    cafckev said:
    Maybe its just a bit of luck for him at the moment, but his Game Management, and use of subs appears to be outstanding
  • Options
    Would love to see Savage get crunched.
  • Options
    Asiimwe coming on at 60 minutes and he looks a world beater because he's so much strong and quicker than the opposition. Lovely turn there. Campbell has been a fantastic spark since coming on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jones meets the corner but his header is going wide before it is nodded on by the offside Thomas
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Michael Appleton about to become the first Addicks manager since Johnnie Jackson to go six unbeaten in the league at the start of his tenure. Doesn't feel that long ago but he's the third manager in that time.
    If you average 2 points a game you'll go up or get very close to it at least
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Savage has a relative who played for Man United?

I know it's a hack joke but someone had to make it.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    ross1 said:

If you average 2 points a game you'll go up or get very close to it at least
    Oh I completely agree... my comment wasn't a complaint
  • Options
    1. 84'

Substitution

Substitution, Reading. Clinton Mola replaces Harlee Dean.

2. 84'

Substitution

Substitution, Reading. Charlie Savage replaces Michael Craig.

• Options
    Gills losing 1-2
  • Options
    Gills losing 1-2
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!