Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO

edited October 2023 in General Charlton
I'm deputising today as @eastterrace6168 is having a family day out at the Valley. Hopefully our players will be refreshed and energised by the International break, and we'll manage to avoid our recent first half malaise, but that remains to be seen. Aneke's starting again, Watson and Watson are preferred over Asiimwe and Fraser, and Camara is back on the bench, as is the new sub keeper Walker.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; T.Watson, Hector, Jones, Thomas; Dobson (c), L.Watson; Tedić, May, Blackett-Taylor, Aneke
Subs: Walker, Asiimwe, Ness, Camará, Fraser, T.Campbell, Leaburn

Comments

• Options
    Decent team, unsure on Tedic on the right though 
  • Options
    Strong bench 
  • Options
    Tedic again on the right wtf 
  • Options
    Tesco is NOT a right winger - we have one of those on the bench 

…and I’ll repeat, Aneke is much better as an impact sub 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    No real complaints from me... Tedic on the right hasn't always worked, but its not been a complete disaster either - In Appleton we trust... Nice bench, hope we wont need to rely on them.
  • Options
    Decent team, unsure on Tedic on the right though 
    I wonder what Man City (if they care) think about their centre forward who keeps playing on the wing? 
  • Options
    That is an absurdly stacked bench. I'll bet there's no other team in this league with that to call on in reserve, and that it isn't close 
  • Options
    Tedic is, indeed, an odd choice.

I reckon this bench is the strongest we’ve ever fielded in a League 1 game. Plenty of ammunition to introduce later in the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Telic hasn't impressed so far. Let's live in hope. Wide right?? No T Campbell surely! Has pace
  • Options
    Hope Tedic isn’t on one of those “if he’s fit he has to play” loan contracts. 
    Is that really a thing? What manager would agree to that, unless he was signing Messi?!
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Steven81 said:
    Tedic again on the right wtf 
    Adds height in both boxes, doesn't play as a conventional line-hugging winger, creates space for the unmarked overlapping full back.

TC can come on later as Plan B and pose different problems to a tiring defence.

• Options
    First page of match thread, and we’ve already had spellings of Tedić, Tedic, Tesco, Telic!
    Slobby Teddy will come good.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That is an absurdly stacked bench. I'll bet there's no other team in this league with that to call on in reserve, and that it isn't close 
    Yeah, the bench is better than half our starting XI  :p 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tesco is NOT a right winger - we have one of those on the bench 

…and I’ll repeat, Aneke is much better as an impact sub 
    Bloody autocorrect ;)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, the bench is better than half our starting XI  :p 

Bit wooden...🙄
  • Options
    Three home **unbeaten** in a row. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    It was "broke" last home game until Aneke & Campbell came on.  

Campbell should be on the right, not a striker. End of. 
    Exactly this 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Don't forget also that the bench can be considered as much of our starting X! for the last 30 minutes.

The days of starting with your strongest X! and finishing with a couple of sub reserves are over.
    These days, it's a 100 minute game - and you need the team that finishes the match to be as strong as the team that started it.

• Options
    I thought Sam Smith was supposed to be out for ages?

Bloody typical, their main Striker comes back today
  • Options
    First page of match thread, and we’ve already had spellings of Tedić, Tedic, Tesco, Telic!
    Tesco .... ha ha got to be the best one out of all those!
  • Options

It's absolutely pissing down.
  • Options
    The Aneke debate has now moved onto the next chapter! Maybe we would have beaten Blackpool if he started the game, who knows. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Paul Elliott being interviewed on CharltonTV

- Talking about his understanding of the Business in Football
     - His links to the Charlton area, having grown up round here
     - Mainly being interviewed about Red, White and Black Day
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!