Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Reading | Saturday 21st October 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• edited October 2023
    My nearest EFL team and I am utterly indifferent to them. Their fans seem generally ok, but its the blandest club I can think of. If I was asked to write a list of all 92 league clubs from memory, they'd likely be the one I'd forget.
    5-0.
  • clive said:
    I was in the anti-appleton brigade but week by week he continues to impress me, finally someone at the helm who steadys the ship.
    TBF becoming manager then suddenly having Chuks Aneke available is rather helpful
  • edited October 2023
    How long since Reading won away?.And coming to the Valley. International break may stall our momentum and I can just see a sneaky undeserved 1-0 win. Reading snatch it.
  • Reading have lost 6 out of 6 away games so far this season, scoring 4 and conceding 13.

Charlton have the 5th best home points total with 13 points from 7 games, scoring 15 and conceding 10.
    I hate playing teams on a run like this and always expect us to finish it.
  • Generous Charlton 
  • I have forgotten when our own last away win was. Forest Green Rovers?
  • edited October 2023
    seth plum said:
    I have forgotten when our own last away win was. Forest Green Rovers?
    MK away in April. Game 43 of last season.

Before that, Cambridge and Morecambe in March, and Forest Green and Exeter in February
  • Port Vale came to us with a terrible away record & look what happened that day. We really need to put teams like this to the sword, not roll over & let them tickle our tummies. I've a bad feeling about this one.

1-2. And we get Royally fucked.

• 2-0
    A rare clean sheet win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Reading a really poor team away from home and we are strong going forward.

If we start strong I think we’ll prove to be too much for them.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Ness in the team and Camara in the squad. However, if Jones is fit, Ness will be on the bench.

Charlton Athletic 3-0 Reading
    May
    Aneke
    Tedic
    I think Ness might play instead of Hector, as he’s been away on international duty so not sure when he got back and how much training he will have done. Jones should be fine as I think it was illness that troubled him 2 weeks ago 
  • Elizabeth line derby today … few points one the ref had him before and not good at all , second Reading ( if you seen the video ) players were made to stand in front of their travelling fans last  game basically as they slated them after a very poor performance .. so there going to want to prove themselves … and the international most likey benefit Reading after a poor performance then us on a good run …

that said 2-2 today 
  • Can Micky Apples close the Charlton charity shop where we give teams a break from their losing streak? I do hope so.
  • Really looking forward to this one it seems ages since we last played for some reason and it will me a real measure of if MA has managed to make some attitude changes as we all know the last few years this match would 100% be a disappointment 
  • Should be an easy victory, reading used to be a good team with the likes of John swift and micheal olise but we should win 
  • Heavy pitch should suit Chucks but will it be good for CBT? Hope he keeps his shots below the bar. Like Golfie I'm nervous about Readings six away defeats on the trot but we really should win this one. I hope C. Campbell gets a run out today. 
  • Can't go today as feeling awful after my COVID booster yesterday so 3-0 win.
  • 3-0 Addicks
  • Speaking as someone who lives in an area basically underwater what’s it like in SE7 ? Is there any danger of the pitch being waterlogged 
  • edited October 2023
    AndyG said:
    Speaking as someone who lives in an area basically underwater what’s it like in SE7 ? Is there any danger of the pitch being waterlogged 
    Well Roland would of heavily invested in the dra...in...a...g,  oh fuck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pre-match beers may be helping but agree with Red Henry. 3-0 Addicks 
  • Looking forward to a great day and a win for the boys 
  • No real surprises in the team, not a bad bench
  • Surprised to see Camara back already, very strong bench
  • AndyG said:
    Speaking as someone who lives in an area basically underwater what’s it like in SE7 ? Is there any danger of the pitch being waterlogged 
    The Doncastwr lads were in early this morning .