Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic Vs Exeter City : Tuesday 3rd October 2023 KO 19:45Pm

Comments

• Options
    Lofted ball for May to run on to, but it reaches the Goalkeeper first
  • Options
    Oxford 3-0
  • Options
    Ooh, that was nearly a lovely ball from Fraser to Alfie May to run onto, just a wee bit too far ahead of him.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Is Brown forgetting we're 4-1 up? Commentating like we're level or behind. 
    Starting to get on my nerves now!
  • Options
    Conor Chaplin scored 26 goals from that position last year, I’m not sure why everyone was having a shit fit about it.
  • Options
    shut up Brownie 
  • Options
    Carlisle 1-1
  • Options
    kafka said:
    shut up Brownie 
    Honestly I know I’m going on about it tonight,  but it ruins the experience for me. 

Just every piece of analysis is looking for a fault or a moan. It’s so mind numbing. 
  • Options
    Anyone know how much injury time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Was nine minutes, another five to go
  • Options
    He does turn some things into him, does our Brownie. You don't get more wisdom from him if he's on for more games. Nice chap and all that.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Was nine minutes, another five to go
    At least I know your reading my comments FA  :)
  • Options
    Bless Brownie, his heart's in the right place. He can't take his coaching cap off. Just needs to reign it in a little bit.
  • Options
    Where's Greg Stubley? Hopefully back soon, keep Brown in the studio. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Pompey 2-1

Now 22 games unbeaten
  • Options
    This has been the most boring nine minutes of injury time I've ever sat and watched!!
  • Options
    Gobsmacked that Tom Carroll is playing for Exeter and is only 31, thought he was gonna be a right player when he was at Spurs
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    SHUT UP BROWNIE ABOUT THE F'IN RED CARD..Booooring now!!
    Dont get him started on the Titanic either, he still claims after all these years it was sinkable, and told 'em so
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plymouth losing 0-2
  • Options
    Smart save from AMB to kill @CAFCsayer 's bet.
  • Options
    This has been the most boring nine minutes of injury time I've ever sat and watched!!
    Happy to bore the pants off the punters, when we could be 6 or 7 up!!!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Talal said:
    Is Brown forgetting we're 4-1 up? Commentating like we're level or behind. 
    Starting to get on my nerves now!

Just starting??

4-1 up, no tackles coming in, Exeter accepting the score - why charge forward and pick up an injury or two?
  • Options
    AMB has just made a smart save, was only half watching.
  • Options
    FT 4-1. A well deserved three points.
  • Options
    FT 4-1
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Two goals out of position for May 🤭
    Think he's looked good in the 10 role. Lots of energy, very busy, good at finding space, has an assist in him as well (he won't be credited with one, but he essentially assisted our first goal). And two goals boot! Exeter haven't been the greatest defensively, but he's made the most of the space he's been afforded.

What's clear is that Appleton wants a speedy, energetic player playing in that role. He's done it with TC and now with Alfie.

Rather than looking at players and where they might traditionally play, he's picking players for specific roles based on their strengths and attributes.
    And quite frankly if it keeps working like this, then let him keep doing it. I wasn't as skeptical as some but he's done a bloody good job all things considered. Yes the defence probably still needs improvement but otherwise can't really argue.
  • Options
    FT 4-1
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!