Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City | Tuesday 3rd October 2023 | Match Preview, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Talal said:
    Bloody initials!!!!.... if people can't be arsed to type out the guys name then just go back to sleep ffs...🥱🥱
    I dunno, there's another thread where someone writes TFH; saves a whole letter over Fosu and you have the added benefit of no one understanding who you mean. 
    That incident was the most egregious use of initials I've seen on here since AFT.
    Not a clue, please enlighten me. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    First home game in years tonight as I’ve flown into London today from holiday. Can’t wait. Back up north tomorrow…somehow. 

I predict a 2-1 Charlton win based on nothing but XG.

Lovely write-up Sage.
  • Options
    Expecting a win tonight and Saturday to get the season properly up and running - 2 commanding victories and no fresh injuries and away we go 
  • Options
    Not seen a lot of us this year and what I have seen hasn't been great!
    I'm debating if I want to stay up till nearly 4am from abroad to watch. Sounds like Charlton TV is on its way out so maybe I should try enjoy it in its present form while I can. 

2-0 Charlton. Leaburn and May. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Gary Kasparov? 🤷‍♂️

I'll ask a mate at the club to check whether it's him 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Talal said:
    Chunes said:
    Talal said:
    Bloody initials!!!!.... if people can't be arsed to type out the guys name then just go back to sleep ffs...🥱🥱
    I dunno, there's another thread where someone writes TFH; saves a whole letter over Fosu and you have the added benefit of no one understanding who you mean. 
    That incident was the most egregious use of initials I've seen on here since AFT.
    Not a clue, please enlighten me. 
    Sorry, rubbish joke. I made it up to highlight the egregiousness of CL initials. 

Reminds me of this

• Options
    I'm debating if I want to stay up till nearly 4am from abroad to watch. Sounds like Charlton TV is on its way out so maybe I should try enjoy it in its present form while I can. 

Where have u seen this?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Where have u seen this?
    See last FF minutes. Once new Sky deal kicks in next season it won't continue and as it needs investment discussions are ongoing as to whether it will continue this season and if so may be in a scaled down format, possibly no studio content.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Redhenry said:

Where have u seen this?
    See last FF minutes. Once new Sky deal kicks in next season it won't continue and as it needs investment discussions are ongoing as to whether it will continue this season and if so may be in a scaled down format, possibly no studio content.

Taking things on a tangent here but I did think this was a bit of a weird explanation. Charlton TV was started for, and is primarily still for, the benefit of international fans & they aren't impacted by the new Sky TV deal anyway. There's only a handful of games per season that are currently available worldwide, legally speaking. I can't see why losing that makes a difference in the grand scheme of things...

If there's not enough international fans to justify the costs, just say that's the reason...
  • Options
    According to the RACINGPOST Charlton are EFL bet of day to beat Exeter at 11/10. 
    Is that on the flat or over the hurdles...🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we not play one up front please
    And especially a 5ft 6 centre forward at that
    3-5-2

Isted

Hector
    Jones
    Thomas

Watson
    Dobson
    Watson
    Fraser
    CBT

May
    Leaburn
  • Options
    I feel like Apples was hinting at a potential Chuks start in his press conference. We might see the big man up front on his own. 
  • Options
    2-2 a dull game made to sound sexy.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Talal said:
    Chunes said:
    I feel like Apples was hinting at a potential Chuks start in his press conference. We might see the big man up front on his own. 
    Aneke starting games scares me. Sure lots will disagree but I'm happy with his role at the moment. 
    I dont think its worth the risk anymore... Certainly not three games into his return
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I'd rather Aneke came on when their defence have played 70 minutes already.  
  • Options
    I think it’s going to be very quiet tonight - this is the fans bar
  • Options
    iansarge said:
    On the plus side, might be able to get a beer at half time
  • Options
    Chuks starts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very attack minded set-up tonight. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    iansarge said:
    On the plus side, might be able to get a beer by half time
    Correction 
  • Options
    Love him as a player, but I’m really disappointed/concerned to see Chuks starting. Have we not learnt anything from the past few seasons? Asking for trouble. 
  • Options
    Well both Chuks and Tedic starting!
  • Options
    Do we really need all 3 forwards starting?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    mendonca said:
    Do we really need all 3 forwards starting?
    Negative tactics... We should have FOUR starting, with Kanu on the bench... Actually... F**k it Daniel... You can start too
  • Options
    Balance of that team doesn't look right at all. Midfield looks very week. Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Balance of that team doesn't look right at all. Midfield looks very week. Hope I'm wrong.
    Living up to your namesake?
  • Options
    Think its a very interesting line up and hope it works.
  • Options
    Melrose said:
    Living up to your namesake?
    Jim?