Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Exeter City | Tuesday 3rd October 2023 | Match Preview, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Need to win this tonight and I think we will. 3-0 
  • Options
    Glorious night under the Valley lights

4-1 Addicks 
  • Options
    Exeter are inconsistent, they neither score nor concede many .. they are tailor made for us a t m .. home win
    .Mmm... rather like Shrewsbury then...🤔
    BUT that was away .. know what you mean though and as @Leuth intimates up the page a bit, a team not in very good form coming to the Temple of football, a k a the Valley could be very motivated to turn around their inconsistent ways .. I still fancy us to win (say) 2-0 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Exeter are inconsistent, they neither score nor concede many .. they are tailor made for us a t m .. home win
    .Mmm... rather like Shrewsbury then...🤔
    BUT that was away .. know what you mean though and as @Leuth intimates up the page a bit, a team not in very good form coming to the Temple of football, a k a the Valley could be very motivated to turn around their inconsistent ways .. I still fancy us to win (say) 2-0 
    Agree with the score Lincs, but coming to THE Temple of football...THE VALLEY will put them in their place and humbled to be in such a revered arena...easy win...👍
  • Options
    I missed the Wycombe game, so really looking forward to this evening's game. It always seems to be a good atmosphere under the lights and the weather looks good too. Exeter are a decent team but I think we will get that much needed win. I fancy another 3-1 home win - Alfie to get a couple.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Another injury from Saturday has appeared..
    I’m guessing Aneke. Edit - seen it’s GK.
  • Options
    Gary Kasparov? 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Fumbluff said:
    Gary Kasparov? 🤷‍♂️
    I'm in pieces over that one!

Don't know which way to move...

I've got more.  Give me a tenner and i'll piss off.
  • Options
    I thought I'd ask ChatGPT what it thought...bit disappointing really: "I'm sorry, but I can't provide real-time or future sports event results or predictions as my knowledge was last updated in September 2021. To find out the result of the Charlton Athletic versus Exeter Football Club match, I recommend checking a reliable sports news website, a sports app, or the official websites of the respective teams for the most up-to-date information."  So much for AI taking over the world!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcWest said:
    I thought I'd ask ChatGPT what it thought...bit disappointing really: "I'm sorry, but I can't provide real-time or future sports event results or predictions as my knowledge was last updated in September 2021. To find out the result of the Charlton Athletic versus Exeter Football Club match, I recommend checking a reliable sports news website, a sports app, or the official websites of the respective teams for the most up-to-date information."  So much for AI taking over the world!
    With 'Browse with Bing' turned on for ChatGPT, the following, non-commital synopsis (marginal home win or a score draw)
    --------

Based on the recent form and several factors, Charlton Athletic seems to have an edge over Exeter City for their match on 3rd October 2023. Here's a thorough analysis based on the gathered information:

1. Recent Form:

• Charlton Athletic is on a good run, expecting to extend their unbeaten streak to five matches. They've remained unbeaten in the last three matches under their new manager Michael Appleton, with a victory at home and two draws away. Their recent league form shows 2 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses in the last six matches​1​.
      • Exeter City, on the other hand, has lost their last two matches without scoring and has won three out of their last six league matches but lost the other three​1​.
    2. Head-to-Head & Predictions:

• In the last meeting, Charlton Athletic defeated Exeter City with a score of 2-1. Historically, out of 9 previous meetings, Charlton Athletic has won 6, while Exeter City won 2, with one match ending in a draw​2​.
      • A prediction from Windrawwin suggests a Charlton home win with both teams scoring and over 2.5 goals, albeit with low confidence​3​.
      • Lootrs also predicts Charlton Athletic as the favorite based on their recent performance, with a 67% win rate in the last 9 matches compared to Exeter City's 22%​4​.
    3. Betting Odds:

• The betting odds from Sportsgambler favor Charlton Athletic with a 45% chance of winning compared to Exeter City, which is considered a long shot with odds of 3.30​5​.
    4. Team News & Lineups:

• Some changes in the lineups could impact the match. Charlton's manager might restore Scott Fraser to the starting XI for a greater cutting edge in the final third. For Exeter City, misfiring attackers might be replaced to enhance their goal-scoring chances​1​.
    5. Expert Analysis:

• Expert analysis from various sources suggests that Charlton Athletic is likely to continue their good form, given their recent performance and managerial change. The home advantage and the motivation to make their stadium a fortress could play in Charlton's favor. Conversely, Exeter City's recent dip in form and their inability to score in the last two matches could be concerning, but they have shown earlier in the season that they can bounce back​1​​3​.

In conclusion, while football matches can be quite unpredictable, the analysis leans towards a probable victory for Charlton Athletic or at least a scoring draw, with both teams finding the back of the net.

• Options
    edited October 2023
    So to clarify either a GK Is injured I'd assume isted after his knocks on Saturday, George Kobson is injured or Grandles KonnnorMc
  • Options
    Experience tells me that this will be a tight game that could go either way. What I am looking for is an easy win which suggests that experience is not a good barometer anymore.
  • Options
    We just look so fragile at the back and I can see goals in this one. Exeter need a result as do we, honours even  2-2.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Bloody initials!!!!.... if people can't be arsed to type out the guys name then just go back to sleep ffs...🥱🥱
  • Options
    Steady on ET
  • Options
    No idea what's going to happen tonight and despite it being a home game I won't be there - so no updates from me on the match thread.

Currently in La Coruna (wandered past the Estadio Riazor earlier), shortly to depart for Valencia so I've got a reason to avoid Saturday as well.
  • Options
    My first thought on injury was Lloyd Jones. He went down a couple of times during the Shrewsbury game but played through it…
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Bloody initials!!!!.... if people can't be arsed to type out the guys name then just go back to sleep ffs...🥱🥱
    Tbh m8 ffs does not make sense either :)

Fyi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tbh m8 ffs does not make sense either :)

Fyi
    FFS...🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Exter have lost 3 of their last 4 league matches. The game they did win in that stretch was 1-0 at home to Cheltenham - the worst team in the league.

Exeter 1-2 Orient
    Exeter 1-0 Cheltenham
    Oxford 3-0 Exeter
    Exeter 0-2 Northampton

This has to be a home win.
    Now reading that through you would have to agree with @Callum@Callumcafc
    Just hope someone has told Charlton tonight.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Talal said:
    I dunno, there's another thread where someone writes TFH; saves a whole letter over Fosu and you have the added benefit of no one understanding who you mean. 
    That incident was the most egregious use of initials I've seen on here since AFT.
  • Options
    According to the RACINGPOST Charlton are EFL bet of day to beat Exeter at 11/10. 
  • Options
    Be lovely just to sit back and enjoy an easy win tonight. Feeling confident for some reason. 4-0
  • Options
    2-1 to us tonight, May and a Dobson thunderbolt to see us claim the 3 points!!
  • Options
    Our form has improved and I would play a similar team as we did against Wycombe, cant see why you want to change that and the experience of that game will help get the result