Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD ; Shrewsbury Town Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 30th September 2023 : KO 3:00pm.

Comments

• Bloody hell, don’t know how Shrewsbury missed that. Lucky to be 0-0 at HT
  • edited September 2023
    What an awful half.
    Astounding we’re level.
  • What a pile of steaming….
  • This first half we have played like a bottom half side. 
    Which is exactly what we are.
    Appleton has to shake them up for the second half. 
  • Isted makes two important saves to keep it goalless at half time

• Has the weather conditions played a part ?  Just seen the Luton players coming off at HT up at Everton and its pouring down in Merseyside. Shrewsbury's not a million miles from there. 
  • That was a difficult watch.

One positive is it feels like last season we would have been a goal behind by now. Where as we are not, and have some quality on the bench to change it up. 
  • I blame the new goalkeeping coach!
  • Don't think Campbell is a midfielder 
  • Sponsored links:

• Only good things about this half are that it is 0-0 and
    Isted made 3 good saves.
    Rest was crap.
  • Awful. Jones been a monster at the back and I have to say Isted had some great saves too. But this is poor and we need to sort it out in the second half. 
  • Second best all over the pitch, bloody awful.
  • Misty rain and we’re playing in black, this is as dumb as it gets.
  • Has the weather conditions played a part ?  Just seen the Luton players coming off at HT up at Everton and its pouring down in Merseyside. Shrewsbury's not a million miles from there. 
    Don’t the players normally come off at Half Time?
  • First half of football from both sides a bit like the weather up there - fuckin shit

• Bloody poor first half - yet again. Isted and the defence ok but only Dobbo of the entire midfield and attack has looked anything like decent. Alfie and TC particularly poor. Appleton needs to galvanise them or we're going to lose this.
  • May has disappeared over the last couple of matches 
  • The type of away game that Charlton teams hate.

You can see why they’ve only scored four goals all season - should’ve done a lot better with the chances they’ve had.
  • Lucky to be level at Shrewsbury...

Sheesh!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    May has disappeared over the last couple of matches 
    Not his fault though is it, formation needs changing. 
  • Narrow pitch isnt helping us

CBT and Campbell are the two struggling to have ANY involvement in the game as a result.

Thomas of course isn't a Full-Back... Watson, would have been at fault surely had Isted not made the last save, he's been hot and cold, has struggled to get forward partly because of the Shrewsbury press, but has looked a threat when he has got forward.

But again those moments have been limited, so its largely been a repeat of last week, where the Full-Backs have been largely static
  • Absolutely and utterly pathetic.

Appleton to blame. His line up is just not working.

Why on earth are we playing just one up front? We have no threat up front and can't hold the ball - it just keeps coming straight back.

Haven't been Isteds greatest fan so far but 3 really good saves from him have kept us level.
  • Not exactly a comfortable or enjoyable watch
  • se9addick said:
    May has disappeared over the last couple of matches 
    Charltonised in quick time?
  • I've said it before and I will say it again: so much of our defensive frailty comes from our inability to keep the ball. If we are going to start the teams we do, we have to be able to keep possession and build from the back. We have been dogshit with the ball today.

I wish we'd given Garner this squad. I think this is a squad built far better for how he wanted to play. We gave him Inniss and Stockley and asked him to play possession football. 

Lastly, May's place should not be guaranteed. No one's should. But in a game like this May is a passenger.

TC has been poor and while he looked good first half yesterday we're seeing the problem with him playing centrally. 
  • Shrewsbury have been a yard faster and won practically all the 50/50s. Very fortunate to be on terms at half time. There needs to be a big improvement in the second half or we’ll be coming away from here empty handed.
  • Does anyone have any pitch dimensions??

Pitch looks quite wide to me and Shrewsbury seem to have used it well a few times…
  • Jeez that was awful from us.

I hate this slow passing game, no pace, no attacking imagination.
    We are brilliant  at passing backwards/sideways.

Strangely we've seen similar to often for the last four managers!?
  • Pretty much a full squad to choose from.
    A week of training and this is the best we can do .
    Pathetic 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!