Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th September 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

13»

Comments

• Also we have a history of generously ending teams' losing runs.  We ended one winning run so far this season so let's hope.  As they are more or less equal with us this match will tell us whether things have turned around.
  •  Not liking the over confidence on here. Going to be tricky. Might scrape a 1-1.
  • Can't be too confident. We have some genuine firepower but also some weak links in defence, with Hector shaky, a suspect goalkeeper and makeshift full-backs (although Thomas has done well this season and won't let us down).

I hope the team can reward the hardy away travellers with a good result.
  • If we're on the up and the team we're playing can't get a win for love nor money I always say, 'Well here's a banana skin, if ever I've seen one'. 

I don't actually get that feeling this time. With increased competition for places, Charlton will have the extra gear and win this one at a canter,   
  • Too much confidence on this forum for today. That’s when we get slapped in the face again. Hoping MA has got the defence sorted otherwise this has got a draw all over it:
  • Should I watch this one?
    Just had a budget meeting re fantasy Spain trip. We probably looking at $15000 each so the excuse not to is there should I get short of fuck giving. However, I still love my Ladies in Red so who knows...
    Or may watch french movie instead...
    Lamb only just entered the oven so "one day he'll come along" as Ella singing now...
    Or "You'll never walk Alon" as a right back of Beytar Ofaqueem (o fuck him translated to English) promised me while waiting for a corner kick on an away game in the Israeli 4th division...
  • edited September 2023
    A win would be a massive boost with two home games to follow. We’re still a team in transition with all the new players getting fit and bedding in, and some coming back from injury.
    Looking forward to seeing Chuks again. 
    Hoping for a win, but might be a draw. 
  • A game we ought to win. While we might be next to each other in the table, we're clearly a much better side than the one who struggled through August. More settled at the back (though still with room for improvement) and with loads more options in attacking areas. Shrewsbury will be looking at our squad and thinking this will be a tough afternoon.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, but if I was Appleton I'd be targeting 3 wins in the next 8 days, 7 points minimum.
  • COYR 3pts today 
  • Sponsored links:

• Did the VPN streaming work for people here last week? Not bought it yet
  • Should I watch this one?
    Just had a budget meeting re fantasy Spain trip. We probably looking at $15000 each so the excuse not to is there should I get short of fuck giving. However, I still love my Ladies in Red so who knows...
    Or may watch french movie instead...
    Lamb only just entered the oven so "one day he'll come along" as Ella singing now...
    Or "You'll never walk Alon" as a right back of Beytar Ofaqueem (o fuck him translated to English) promised me while waiting for a corner kick on an away game in the Israeli 4th division...
    Have....I...had a stroke or something? 
    Reading the words but finding comprehension difficult...
    Enjoyed, mind! :smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg
    yes using my laptop from OS to the TV, couldn't get a connection via the cafc app
  • I imagine they want to thoroughly test everything out well in advance of kick off, and have a plan ‘B’ in place if anything goes wrong.
    Yeah, France is good...
  • 3-1 win today, I can feel it
  • Well someone's got to cut up the half time oranges
  • My enthusiasm for the job Mickey Apples appears to be doing, albeit early days of course, is tempered by the recognition that this set of players are more than prone to a defensive cockup, they are in fact guaranteed at least one.  

Hmmm.  Narrow away win  1-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• I will be disappointed if we don’t win. COYR
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I'm going narrow win because Shrewsbury over the years has been a mixed bag from memory. 

So we win by a single goal and get a clean sheet with Isted actually diving a couple of times. 
     Really thought we'd score, knew it'd be a clean sheet as had a feeling Isted would start finding form. Still disappointing to not win.