Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th September 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Went here couple seasons back for 93 minutes was the worst 0-0 draw I’d ever seen. Which turned into the worst 1-0 defeat on 94.  Won’t be there this time, but hope with our full forward line available we have to much for them 0-2.
  • One quick note of warning, while they’ve lost three on the spin it was widely noted that they were very unlucky to lose against Orient and were much improved. I hope we’ve too much quality for them but anticipate it being a tight affair. 2-0 addicks with a late goal to seal it.
  • I'm just starting to feel just a little bit optimistic. Most of our players coming back to fitness, plenty of options from bench and manager who seems to know what he is doing. What could possibly go wrong? 
  • Is Edun still out? Was it not just a concussion protocol absence last week ? 
  • Trouble is we're an unsettled team at the moment. In time I think we'll be fine but tomorrow, probably a 1 1 draw, especially  as they haven't scored for ages.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Is Edun still out? Was it not just a concussion protocol absence last week ? 
    No, still out Injured
  • If we get out of the blocks early and get more than the one goal we got in the first half againt Wycombe,  then I would expect us to win comfortably. If we get three points then we would truly be on the move, but there is ninety mins plus to play yet. 
  • Really hope Watson can play from the start. Then he can push on the right hand side, allowing Leaburn to drift a bit closer to May. Could end up being closer to a 3-5-2 when we’ve got the ball and then a 4-3-3 when we don’t have it 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Is Edun still out? Was it not just a concussion protocol absence last week ? 
    Taylor was the one out with the concussion protocol
  • I still don't think we know enough to be too confident about tomorrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m confident re tomorrow’s game. The run continues 3-1 victory I honestly think MA will not allow the attitude to drop 
  • edited September 2023
    MA has done well but a bit less luck and we could have one or no points from our last two games

Not saying we deserved to but it could have happened.
  • Feeling we might stall a bit tomorrow but pick up another point. Hope for a thumping win with forwards getting on score sheet again. UTA
  • edited September 2023
    When we last got promoted with Bowyer, when we had our best team out we could be pretty confident we weren't going to lose. That is the feeling we need to get back if we are going to be up there. It is possible but we need to start feeling that over a few games to consider it a real possibility.
  • When we last got promoted with Bowyer, when we had our best team out we could be pretty confident we weren't going to lose. That is the feeling we need to get back if we are going to be up there. It is possible but we need to start geeling that over a few games to consider it a real possibility.
    I agree. I still feel we are flaky and not confident we won't lose. Last week against Wycombe in the second half when they equalised, I really felt we would lose. Let's hope some positive results change this and performances start to instill that confidence.
  • I still don't think we know enough to be too confident about tomorrow. 
    Especially about the defence.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I'm just starting to feel just a little bit optimistic. Most of our players coming back to fitness, plenty of options from bench and manager who seems to know what he is doing. What could possibly go wrong? 
    You've fucked us.
  • Like others I have a good feeling about this. The Shrews are not on fire and do not score many. So we might just sneak it?  Clean sheet is all important but even then I am going 0-0.
  • An away win would be good for the team, and after a struggle think we'll pinch it 0-1.
  • We'll score BUT we will also concede, just a matter of how many fucks ups our dumb arse defence makes...

• Sponsored links:

• I’m quite confident on this one, 2:0 to us
  • edited September 2023
    Lots of away wins going on here, to a team only one place and one point behind us, saving grace is they have only managed 4 goals in their first 8 matches...tend to win or loose, so there for the taking maybe and another loss...🤞
    Will have to join the throng with an away win, and even a clean sheet, so 0-2 I reckon 
  • If you are going to apply logic it looks good for us. We have proper striking options and they don't score many goals but football doesn't always work like that, especially where we are concerned.
  • If you are going to apply logic it looks good for us. We have proper striking options and they don't score many goals but football doesn't always work like that, especially where we are concerned.
    Except of course that they are Massive...
  • Feels like one of those games where, we’ll huff and puff to a 1-0 win or we’ll batter them and hit them for 4 or 5! 

• edited September 2023
    Feels like one of those games where, we’ll huff and puff to a 1-0 win or we’ll batter them and hit them for 4 or 5! 

Like most Saturday afternoons then...🤔
  • I'm going for a confident title challenge marker performance and a 0-2 controlled win. 
  • Shrewsbury are rubbish.  As straight forwards an away win as is possible.  0-5 Charlton.. first half Leaburn hatrick. Another goal for Alfie and Fraser off the bench curling home a 35 yard screamer.
    No saves for Isted as he will barely even touch the ball.
  • NabySarr said:
    Shrewsbury have been absolutely shocking recently, they haven’t scored a goal this month. This simply has to be a win if we are serious about doing anything this season 
    4-0 home win.....obviously 😄
  • edited September 2023
    Shrewsbury are rubbish.  As straight forwards an away win as is possible.  0-5 Charlton.. first half Leaburn hatrick. Another goal for Alfie and Fraser off the bench curling home a 35 yard screamer.
    No saves for Isted as he will barely even touch the ball.
    Well, they have one less  point that we do, so as for them being rubbish it looks like a battle of the crappest.  The problem with being confident because the oppo are rubbish is that you have to assume that we are better.  Things are looking on the mend, but we are not going to just roll over anyone this season.