Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott and Steve Sutherland guest at Bromley Addicks on Thursday 5 October.

13»

Comments

• Options
    addickson said:l
    addickson said:
    T_C_E said:
    Davo55 said:
    I hope someone raised the point about a bullying culture.

Still hearing positive comments, trusting in the new guys and their procedures (why wouldn't I ?) 
    Individual responsible playing the normal game, being seen as the nice guy, super efficient (or was that effluent) etc

The point was that at least the question was raised and TK named by Ben, and I for one appreciate that he did that in a public forum, but as for the SMT, actions not words...
    Thanks,

Quite rightly a director and a manager would not discuss a serious allegation made against a named member of staff in public but I linked the bullying to Paul's mentions of culture and to his role regarding mental health. I also pointed out the business imperative of not losing good staff or staff not being as productive as possible due to a bullying culture.

I think Steve was slightly miffed as he said that as soon as he joined people on social were saying "are you going to sort out the bullying?" which isn't his role but he did say that it wouldn't have been tolerated when Varney was in charge.

Feel that this issue has kinda taken over  - point is that you can be sure that the Bromley Addicks won't skirt issues and I'd thoroughly recommend attending any future events if you can 🙂
    Taken over, you’re not wrong.
    Over 3 years ago, I asked Nathan “What’s up mate”
    I was never going to drop it because it was “my football club” 
    When the club is promoting Mentalhealth awareness and long term staff are leaving to protect their Mentalhealth questions should be asked and answered.
    Hopefully the new guys will answer them, we shall see? 
  • Options
    @TCE, keep it going, bullying has NO place in any employment. It's time its was wiped out at our club! Don't give up mate!

This ⬆️
  • Options
    Won't quote Henry's whole post for obvious reasons but what do all those initials stand for in PEs role?
  • Options
    Just read this for the first time, written by Steve Sutherland-
    https://www.valleygold.org.uk/2019/08/20/valley-gold-celebrates-30-years/

Quite enlightening i thought..

I was actually trying to find out the name of the commercial manager Steve succeeded; friendly northern chap with Preston North End connections, but no luck so far..
  • Options

I was actually trying to find out the name of the commercial manager Steve succeeded; friendly northern chap with Preston North End connections, but no luck so far..
    Wayne Dore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Wayne Dore
    Thank you @johnnyh2
  • Options
    Author of the article has made me smile
  • Options
    Author of the article has made me smile
    Often I would see him in Bromley.  Charlton to the core he is.