Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott and Steve Sutherland guest at Bromley Addicks on Thursday 5 October.

We are delighted to inform you that for the next meeting on Thursday 5th October 2023 we have two great guests lined up.

Paul Elliott our ex-player and who is now a Non-Executive Director under our new regime along with Steve Sutherland who has been associated with the club in a commercial capacity starting back in the Selhurst Park days and is now back as our ‘Interim Commercial Manager’ .

Meeting is at The Petts Wood Royal British Legion Club which is just a few min’s walk from Petts Wood station (on the Queensway side almost next to Morrisons). There is plenty of street parking.  More details here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Royal+British+Legion/@51.3878228,0.0741575,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x1df1cb341d183e87!8m2!3d51.3878228!4d0.0741575

This meetings , as all our meetings,  commence at 7.30 pm but the club is open earlier so you can arrive from 6.30 onwards.

Here are the dates for your diaries of the meetings dates booked but we are still working on guests so bear with us for a while. You know we will get some GREAT ones !!

Thursday 7th December 2023 

Thursday 1st February 2024 

Thursday 4th April 2024 

This meeting will also be our AGM which we hope to complete within a few minutes of the start.

To save time we will circulate the accounts before this meeting. All committee have agreed to stand again and Dekon Johnson has put his name forward which the committee would like to add.

Looking forward to a very interesting evening and we look forward to seeing you there.

Comments

• Options
    Too far for me to attend in person, but I do hope someone asks about the following examples of poor communications:

1) Why are Paul Elliott, Andy Scott and Gavin Carter still not named as directors at Companies House?  It is 2 months since this was announced, subject to EFL approval, on the official site.  Surely the EFL are not taking this long?

2) Has the plan to appoint a Director of Performance, said on 21 July to be named "shortly", been silently dropped?  https://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Too far for me to attend in person, but I do hope someone asks about the following examples of poor communications:

1) Why are Paul Elliott, Andy Scott and Gavin Carter still not named as directors at Companies House?  It is 2 months since this was announced, subject to EFL approval, on the official site.  Surely the EFL are not taking this long?

2) Has the plan to appoint a Director of Performance, said on 21 July to be named "shortly", been silently dropped?  https://www.charltonafc.com/news/global-football-partners-purchase-charlton-athletic
    Scott has said that they are recruiting a DoP at the moment 
  • Options
    Of course I won’t be there, but it would be funny to ask Steve Sutherland why he palmed the blame for what was reportedly his poor mural design off onto the supporters trust.
    And how much crowdfunding money has been raised so far for it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Of course I won’t be there, but it would be funny to ask Steve Sutherland why he palmed the blame for what was reportedly his poor mural design off onto the supporters trust.
    And how much crowdfunding money has been raised so far for it.
    Happy to ask about the mural but pretty sure Steve had nothing to do with the design. 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Will ask but I know there was a directors meeting today at the Valley, first since the takeover.

Doubt Scott is a company director. That's just his job title .

Cater is listed in the programme as an owner but Elliott isn't mentioned 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Elliott’s appointment was said to be “subject to EFL approval”. Worth asking if he has received it. Currently he is not a director.

Also why the club only has a part-time (as well as interim) commercial manager?

The words “window” and “dressing” may be useful.
  • Options
    Id forgotten they were involved and yet CM who was supposed to be in the background seems the loudest voice. 
  • Options
    Id forgotten they were involved and yet CM who was supposed to be in the background seems an  loudest voice. 
    Perhaps Charlie can accept an invitation from Bromley.
    Interesting to see a bull*******  from the floor, I'll travel back for that.
  • Options
    I though this might be an pleasant stroll through the good old days but seems this might be a bit more "edgy" that I thought.

Just as well the other Paul Elliot/t couldn't make it
    Paul Elliott as a player, yes, he's Charlton.
    In his current capacity I think he knows f*** all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a great evening in prospect. Wish I could be there. Would be lovely to dwell on all things Charlton with a couple of guys like Paul and Steve, over a couple of pints.

Why do some want this social event to be an inquisition? Some folk can't enjoy anything these days.

Sniping and agendas all the time gets really tiresome.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Major said:
    Sounds like a great evening in prospect. Wish I could be there. Would be lovely to dwell on all things Charlton with a couple of guys like Paul and Steve, over a couple of pints.

Why do some want this social event to be an inquisition? Some folk can't enjoy anything these days.

Distraction is the reason they have been involved. QED.
  • Options
    Major said:

Distraction is the reason they have been involved. QED.
    The question is do they know that?
  • Options
    Elliott’s appointment was said to be “subject to EFL approval”. Worth asking if he has received it. Currently he is not a director.

Also why the club only has a part-time (as well as interim) commercial manager?

The words “window” and “dressing” may be useful.
    I assume Arnie Ginesi is still part of the team as "Head of Sponsorships and Commercial Partnerships"?  As he calls himself on LinkedIn.
  • Options
    I though this might be an pleasant stroll through the good old days but seems this might be a bit more "edgy" that I thought.

Just as well the other Paul Elliot/t couldn't make it
    Paul Elliott as a player, yes, he's Charlton.
    In his current capacity I think he knows f*** all.
    Cultured centre back - great player - I was gutted when he and Paul Walsh left 
    Both of them had very good careers.
  • Options
    So now it’s confirmed do we still believe it’s a distraction tactic?
    This ‘lifelong supporter’ is he a distraction too?

Enjoy the night fellow Addicks.
    Look forward to hearing all about it in due course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Maybe someone at the Bromley meeting should ask how he views bullying by staff at our club. And hope he's honest and wants to hear more about the issue.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Maybe someone at the Bromley meeting should ask how he views bullying by staff at our club. And hope he's honest and wants to hear more about the issue.
    Especially given the ‘mental health’ aspect in his title 👍🏼
  • Options

Steve Sutherland is undoubtedly a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Only a few more days, so hope to see a good turnout and some interesting questions
  • Options
    Only a few more days, so hope to see a good turnout and some interesting questions

Can you ask Paul Elliott if he has had elocution lessons.
  • Options
    Ask Paul Elliott if he’s the luckiest man in the world as the only person to return a profit on Rufus’s trading carnage 

It could not have been much of a profit as he still drinks in the Bromley South spoons.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I can't make this as on holiday. I emailed Paul to congratulate him and mentioned I can't make the meeting as would liked to have caught up with him. I got the most lovely response from him - he really is a class act
  • Options
    Ask Paul Elliott if he’s the luckiest man in the world as the only person to return a profit on Rufus’s trading carnage 
    Incorrect - Rufus ruined him - Elliott lost a shed load of money - when Elliot realised what had happened, it led to the exchange of ‘words’ between them that led to Elliott having to resign from the FA anti racism campaign