Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott and Steve Sutherland guest at Bromley Addicks on Thursday 5 October.

Comments

• Options
    How much is he being paid as a NED?

Or more seriously what does he hope to be able to positively influence the ownership to do which they aren’t or as a club we haven’t done? 
  • Options
    Ask Paul Elliott if he’s the luckiest man in the world as the only person to return a profit on Rufus’s trading carnage 
    Incorrect - Rufus ruined him - Elliott lost a shed load of money - when Elliot realised what had happened, it led to the exchange of ‘words’ between them that led to Elliott having to resign from the FA anti racism campaign 
    I think oohaah is right, I seem to recall around 50k Elliott overall profited.
    I stand corrected on this.
  • Options
    "Mr Elliott paid Rufus a total of £425,000 between October 2008 and February 2011, getting back £460,000"
  • Options
    Some good questions, some silly

Looking forward to seeing you there and hearing you ask them.
  • Options
    Paul Elliot my favorite player at the time, he was class
  • Options
    Don't forget tomorrow evening.
  • Options
     Made the programme 
  • Options
    Starting sharp at 7.30. Hope to see you all there.
  • Options
    Sadly can’t make this, could someone please ask who collectively pulled the trigger on Dean Holden, thank you! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly can’t make this, could someone please ask who collectively pulled the trigger on Dean Holden, thank you! 
    Read the Fans Forum notes. It was explained in great detail by Scott and Rodwell.
  • Options
    Last time Suthers came to Bromley 

• Options
    Had to leave early but an interesting evening in a good wee venue, thanks Bromley Addicks
  • Options
    I hope someone raised the point about a bullying culture.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Yes, sure the notes will cover this, but it was very much a "politician's" answer IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    anything about the future of the Castore deal? 
  • Options
    addickson said:
    Davo55 said:
    Yes, sure the notes will cover this, but it was very much a "politician's" answer IMO
    It was a politicians answer but realistically they are not going to say anything more.  They made it fairly clear in my view that both would not tolerate a bullying culture whilst obviously not commenting on a specific case, whether they knew about it or not - which is, of course, correct.
    Oh, I totally agree. But they were quick enough to let us know about all the things that they knew were wrong with the club before they came back, so I can't believe they didn't know about TK - yet he's still here.

They were quick enough to remove DH. That's what I meant about a politician's answer - I didn't ever expect them to say aye he's gone too, but again only in my opinion, it would be an easy, if expensive, way for the SMT to gain credibility to dispense with TK.

Terrible grammar sorry!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Still hearing positive comments, trusting in the new guys and their procedures (why wouldn't I ?) 
    Individual responsible playing the normal game, being seen as the nice guy, super efficient (or was that effluent) etc

• Options
    addickson said:
    Davo55 said:
    Agreed, very much a politicians answer- Elliott a bit more open and emotional about it, but certainly thought it made Sutherland squirm!  
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    anything about the future of the Castore deal? 
    No, wasn't raised.
  • Options
    addickson said:
    T_C_E said:
    Davo55 said:

Still hearing positive comments, trusting in the new guys and their procedures (why wouldn't I ?) 
    Individual responsible playing the normal game, being seen as the nice guy, super efficient (or was that effluent) etc

The point was that at least the question was raised and TK named by Ben, and I for one appreciate that he did that in a public forum, but as for the SMT, actions not words...
    Thanks,

Quite rightly a director and a manager would not discuss a serious allegation made against a named member of staff in public but I linked the bullying to Paul's mentions of culture and to his role regarding mental health. I also pointed out the business imperative of not losing good staff or staff not being as productive as possible due to a bullying culture.

I think Steve was slightly miffed as he said that as soon as he joined people on social were saying "are you going to sort out the bullying?" which isn't his role but he did say that it wouldn't have been tolerated when Varney was in charge.

Feel that this issue has kinda taken over  - point is that you can be sure that the Bromley Addicks won't skirt issues and I'd thoroughly recommend attending any future events if you can 🙂