Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks

Comments

• Options
    Said to the bloke next as Chuks went off, that’s him gone till Christmas.
    I don’t expect him back that early 
    Didn't specify a year though...🤔
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    if it wasnt for injuries he would be playing a lot higher than us but alas he isnt 

2 months is sugar coating it, might be back around feb time for that mid table push 
  • Options
    if it wasnt for injuries he would be playing a lot higher than us but alas he isnt 

2 months is sugar coating it, might be back around feb time for that mid table push 
    For another couple of games, then off again. 

He's a great talent but whether it's cost effective is a different matter altogether. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    He had decent spells earlier in his career without getting injured. Now he just can't stop. Is this because repeated strains/tears of the same muscle lead to scar tissue which isn't as strong/flexible as the original muscle, and so keeps on tearing/straining? Vicious cycle
    I think they'll also have to electro therapy away the scar tissue each time also, otherwise the hamstring would be even more restricted and at greater risk.
  • Options
    Such a sad scenario for Chucks, and for us.

A tremendous amount has already been tried, I wonder if Acupuncture might help.

It is very unlikely to harm.
  • Options
    Really sad about this. Given the opponent that day he probably could have gone off earlier. 
  • Options
    Dress it up or try and explain it away however you like but starting Aneke and leaving him on for 64 minutes was pretty stupid management by Appleton when anyone could have told him that the only way to have any chance of keeping Aneke fit was to use him sparingly as an impact sub for the last 25 minutes or so.

Not me being wise after the event, just a simple observation of what has happened since Aneke came back from Birmingham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:
    He did it over stretching to try win the ball off an opponent 

I don't think that's related to how many minutes he'd played or if he started. 
    He did it in the 64th minute though. If he had been subbed at half time he wouldn't have got injured. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

He did it in the 64th minute though. If he had been subbed at half time he wouldn't have got injured. 
    ... For it to happen at Lincoln, or tomorrow.

He has to stretch for the ball some time. And jump for headers.

It was always a case of when, not if, so I don't think Appleton is responsible. What's he, the 5th manager to have Aneke injured in a game?

Great footballer by the way, in case anyone thinks I'm doubting that. Reminds me a lot of Ricardo Fuller.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

If he had overstretched in the 5th minute, like he did against Brighton, he could have done it as well.

I get that the longer any player is on the pitch or increases their chances of getting injured. However it seems like my opinion is very much against the grain looking at the comments and likes on this thread. I can’t quiet wrap my head around how people think managing is so easy that you can just perennially play and win games by bringing a player on for ‘20 minutes at a time’.

Chuks didnt even do that during his ‘fit’ period under bowyer where he made plenty of longer and shorter minutes appearances. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

By that reckoning, if he'd come on as a 60th minute sub he'd have got the same injury... 

The injury was as a result of overreaching and turning at the same time - that could have happened if he'd played 1 minute or 90 minutes.  
  • Options
    Ain't hindsight wonderful...It's all ifs and buts really, he could have gotten injured at any time, just a trait that Chuks has and a real shame all round, we will have to knuckle down and cope with the loss, which should be well within our capabilities shouldn't it...🤔
  • Options
    He seemed to be making steady progress while not playing more than half a game, so I do agree with those that say he was overplayed.

I was surprised when I saw him return after the break against Reading.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Chukwuemeka Ademola Amachi Aneke.
  • Options
    Feel for Chuks. And now we don’t have him as an impact player, what are the implications for the season?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Feel for Chuks. And now we don’t have him as an impact player, what are the implications for the season?
    I think we all know the answer to that one, sadly.
  • Options
    He's been injured in the warm-up. He's been injured in the first minute he's been on.
    He's gone several games without being injured.
    You can't legislate for it. You can't plan around it.
    The only issue with starting Chuks is it means the longer he is likely to be on the pitch and therefore exposed to the possibility of breaking down.
    You just have to make a judgement call on how to get the best out of him when he is fit, and be prepared for the fact that he will at some point break down.
    It's fcuking tragic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it was fun while it lasted.

Anything we git from him this season was a bonus in my mind. At least we have some depth in that position now
  • Options

For another couple of games, then off again. 

He's a great talent but whether it's cost effective is a different matter altogether. 
    He’s not a “great talent”.  He’s useful enough for the 200 minutes a season when he’s fit .  
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

If he went off at half time, it might have been 0-0 after 64 minutes
  • Options
    Chuks is quintessentially back in full training. 
  • Options
    Nathan Jones the anti-Robinson then! Good. I like surprises 
  • Options
    Chuks is quintessentially back in full training. 
    How long before he has a “setback”? 🤔