Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Stevenage vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 16th September 2023 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    We remain eight points behind target.
  • Options
    Fantastic second half effort. Good job Appleton
  • Options
    Do we get any points from the game?

We had less shots on target than Stevenage, but we did have more possession, and we did have more shots off target... I'm so confused
  • Options
    Lol how has he not added any time on for the penalty? Absolutely disgusting officiating. 

There needs to be a complete overhaul to refereeing in general and they need to be held accountable when they are fucking atrocious
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Greg just said it on comms but Aneke has been very good since coming on. Been a real nuisance and has scared the Stevenage defenders. 
    Totally unsurprising. Chuks is absolutely terrifying at this level, he's just not consistently fit. He's not one who's been built up to be better than he is when he's injured like Inniss or Famewo were, he's actually legitimately too good for L1 defenders. The problem is we might not see him for another 3 months now, we just have to cross our fingers
    Completely agree. His ability is not in question. It's that because of his injury record he's a luxury player. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Get your apples out?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Cuckoo land
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy with a point considering the circumstances, need to build on this and get a win in our next match.
  • Options
    I'll take that. We showed fight and spirit in the second half that we've lacked. 

I would have taken a draw at 3pm, and definitely after 1-0. A lot to improve but some to build on as well. 
  • Options
    Derby 1-1
  • Options

We had less shots on target than Stevenage, but we did have more possession, and we did have more shots off target... I'm so confused
    Does not surprise me that you are confused 
  • Options
    Our first away point
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Shocking referee. Played into Stevenage’s game and in those circumstances, a point is not a bad result.

Steve Evans should be asking if they can have him every week.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the updates.

Delighted to have managed to salvage a point, but it's hard work even following the football.

We need to magic up a few match winners from somewhere.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Dobbo had been fucking everywhere 
    Why do people say that likes it's a good thing?  Our defence has been all over the place yet that's a bad thing?
  • Options

You just need to grow up mate  ;)
  • Options

Does not surprise me that you are confused 
    Call me old fashioned if you will

I only care about the amount of times the ball ends up in the actual net - You know thats kind of really impawtant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    Why do people care if we've had a shot on target when we hadn't scored?

What difference do zero shots on target make, compared with twenty shots on target if none of them end in the net???
    Because you can't usually score if you don't have shots on target. It's indicative of poor attacking, or no attacking at all. Thought that would be obvious?
    Its a pointless stat that lets people make them sound klever when talking about Football - Arent we one of the best in the League for xG?

The only stat that matters is the score.
    And how are we doing in the league? So you'd be happy with one shot on target and one goal in a game 'cause we'd have 100% xg? And remember no shots on target at all doesn't negatively affect your xg.

• Options
    Will take a draw. It's still Stevenage who are a pony little club and will finish mid table at best but they have started well and we haven't and they are built in a way our squad will always struggle against.
    Defence needs sorting, not sure it is possible and by Jan it would be too late but Mickey Apples has dug deep and got a point and sounds like we probably deserved it based on second half.
    So well done lads and hopefully Fraser is back for the next game and Camara not long after that.
    Also, with luck Taylor and the defender lad won't be too badly hurt.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Lol how has he not added any time on for the penalty? Absolutely disgusting officiating. 

There needs to be a complete overhaul to refereeing in general and they need to be held accountable when they are fucking atrocious
    I think the results have to in before celebrity come dancing starts.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Dobbo had been fucking everywhere 
    Why do people say that likes it's a good thing?  Our defence has been all over the place yet that's a bad thing?
    I think it's important to understand when in the game I said this. It was at a time when we had four CBs and a LB in midfield and Dobbo was popping up in the RB and LW positions to win the ball.

But, I would say he gets sucked out of position for the goal, so I take your larger point. 
  • Options

Been told that for years... Would rather stay young at heart thanks - Only got the one lifetime.
  • Options
    Literally no one believed CBT would convert that. Well done him. He was miles better in the second half. 
  • Options

YES!  A 1-1 DRAW AGAINST STEVENAGE!!!

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    DRAddick said:
    Why do people care if we've had a shot on target when we hadn't scored?

What difference do zero shots on target make, compared with twenty shots on target if none of them end in the net???
    Because you can't usually score if you don't have shots on target. It's indicative of poor attacking, or no attacking at all. Thought that would be obvious?
    Its a pointless stat that lets people make them sound klever when talking about Football - Arent we one of the best in the League for xG?

The only stat that matters is the score.
    And how are we doing in the league? So you'd be happy with one shot on target and one goal in a game 'cause we'd have 100% xg? And remember no shots on target at all doesn't negatively affect your xg.

Oh dear god... You're seriously failing to take my comment about xG as satire... Especially when I say beneath that

THE ONLY STAT THAT MATTERS IS THE SCORE!!
  • Options

Been told that for years... Would rather stay young at heart thanks - Only got the one lifetime.
    i was joshing you, but I think you are really making a mountain out of a molehill
    (And won't blinking shut up about it)
  • Options
    We had more overall shots than them (9-10), we had more shots from inside the penalty area than them (7-8). They had more shots on target than us (3-1).

The final score was 1-1.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!