Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Appleton's press conferences

Comments

• Options
    Appleton isn’t the problem , the fact plenty of our squad are pony is 
  • Options
    Camara may be the answer, if we can ever get him fit. I don't think that any other group of 3 of our midfielders fit together into a coherent unit. They are either too defensive ( Dobson , Taylor and a 10) as we saw Saturday. Too lightweight (most 3s with Fraser in) or too inexperienced (Anderson, Campbells). Mayebe Dobson, Camara, Fraser would work (if they are ever all fit). Jury still out on L Watson in the Camara role.
  • Options
    Nothing on Charlton TV as I type.
    Really rather unusual.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Nothing on Charlton TV as I type.
    Really rather unusual.
    It's under Features 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I can't find it there.

• Options
    Appleton isn’t the problem , the fact plenty of our squad are pony is 
    4-1.
  • Options
    If Appleton has recorded the customary pre match ‘press conference’ on video, principally for Charlton TV, I haven’t seen it.
    A very unusual thing, unless I am missing something obvious.
    Is it a new culture being established at Charlton?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    If Appleton has recorded the customary pre match ‘press conference’ on video, principally for Charlton TV, I haven’t seen it.
    What is blud waffling about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I am a Charlton TV subscriber, and the usual routine is to have a manager interview/press conference before matches, filmed, and recently the interviews have been conducted by Terry Smith. They used to go on Charlton TV for subscribers to watch, previously late on a Thursday, and now supposedly on a Friday.
    Prior to the Blackpool game I couldn’t find anything posted up on Charlton TV.
    I am not a great fan of a filtered report from any source regarding what the manager has to say. I want to see it all uncut, and as well as hearing what is said, look at body language and listen to the tone of voice, what is emphasised, what is fluently expressed and what might be hesitated over.

I didn’t realise that what I said was waffling.

I wonder if you saw the Appleton pre Blackpool interview but I stupidly missed it, hence that would explain why you say I am waffling.

You did ask.
  • Options
    Appleton revealed the Addicks are assessing their goalkeeping options following Harry Isted’s injury.
    “We are looking at a couple of different options and we will make a call on it tomorrow morning,” he commented. “We potentially have something that might be able to help us out in the short term. If that does not come through then obviously Ash will have to play.”

Henderson?
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Appleton revealed the Addicks are assessing their goalkeeping options following Harry Isted’s injury.
    “We are looking at a couple of different options and we will make a call on it tomorrow morning,” he commented. “We potentially have something that might be able to help us out in the short term. If that does not come through then obviously Ash will have to play.”

Henderson?
    Possible but unlikely, last week the 72 suggested free agents Jed Steer, Matt Mackey or Joe Lewis based on Appleton’s hint.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/10/04/3-free-agent-goalkeepers-charlton-athletic-should-consider-after-appletons-transfer-admission/amp/
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I am a Charlton TV subscriber, and the usual routine is to have a manager interview/press conference before matches, filmed, and recently the interviews have been conducted by Terry Smith. They used to go on Charlton TV for subscribers to watch, previously late on a Thursday, and now supposedly on a Friday.
    I am not a great fan of a filtered report from any source regarding what the manager has to say. I want to see it all uncut, and as well as hearing what is said, look at body language and listen to the tone of voice, what is emphasised, what is fluently expressed and what might be hesitated over.

I wonder if you saw the Appleton pre Blackpool interview but I stupidly missed it, hence that would explain why you say I am waffling.

You did ask.
    I think it's more the fact that you find a conspiracy in everything that the club does or doesn't do.
    'Fact' is it?
  • Options
    Yes and as for what you wanted to call the comms team on the u21 thread when there was a short delay in the broadcast you seem to be whinging for the sake of it.
  • Options
    LeeValley said:
    Yes and as for what you wanted to call the comms team on the u21 thread when there was a short delay in the broadcast you seem to be whinging for the sake of it.
    Karen Plum 
    Karen GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Back to Appleton, I have to credit him with the fact we're scoring more across comps this season.

6 Games 14 Goals since he joined
    8 Games 11 Goals before. 
  • Options
    16 conceded in 8 before Apples
    7 in 6 since Apples. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

You did ask.
    I think it's more the fact that you find a conspiracy in everything that the club does or doesn't do.
    'Fact' is it?
    Yes
  • Options
    Prove it, maybe start your everything list with 'A' and then move through the alphabet in order to establish your 'fact'.
    Or maybe accept your perspective is an opinion.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    16 conceded in 8 before Apples
    7 in 6 since Apples. 
    He’s been dealt better cards with the players that he’s had fit , but he’s evidently a significant upgrade . 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Five leagues games unbeaten was our longest such streak under Holden through his eight and a half month stint as manager.

Accrington 1-1 (H)
    Morecambe 1-4 (A)
    Cambridge 1-2 (A)
    Wycombe 1-1 (H)
    Shrewsbury 6-0 (H)
    Bristol Rovers 1-0 (A) LOSS

If Appleton avoids defeat against Reading in ten days, he’ll have already gone one better in his first six league games in charge.

Stevenage 1-1 (A)
    Wycombe 3-1 (H)
    Shrewsbury 0-0 (A)
    Exeter 4-1 (H)
    Blackpool 2-2 (H)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Prove it, maybe start your everything list with 'A' and then move through the alphabet in order to establish your 'fact'.
    Or maybe accept your perspective is an opinion.
    Only need two letters of the alphabet F and Y.

Fact and Yes. 

I don't know you personally,  thankfully,  so I'll leave it for others to decide. 
  • Options
    Five leagues games unbeaten was our longest such streak under Holden through his eight and a half month stint as manager.

Accrington 1-1 (H)
    Morecambe 1-4 (A)
    Cambridge 1-2 (A)
    Wycombe 1-1 (H)
    Shrewsbury 6-0 (H)
    Bristol Rovers 1-0 (A) LOSS

If Appleton avoids defeat against Reading in ten days, he’ll have already gone one better in his first six league games in charge.

Stevenage 1-1 (A)
    Wycombe 3-1 (H)
    Shrewsbury 0-0 (A)
    Exeter 4-1 (H)
    Blackpool 2-2 (H)
    True & he is an upgrade, but 4 of the 6 are home games. 
  • Options
    There’s not a very nice tone on this thread, we are all individuals and it would be helpful if we showed tolerance of and to each other. Thanks.
    It's just straight up bullying 
  • Options
    Personally I like his frankness, we were soft touches, not fit enough etc…. After the Villa cup match he said players would be beasted Thursday then get the weekend off, like that it’s what’s needed he’s the boss and doesn’t mince his words. Squad seems to be responding to him, early days yet but hopefully it will be a decent season going forward. 
  • Options
    Really appreciate your post @NorthernLights
    Thanks for not quoting the whole post! 👍