Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraser and Camera injuries

Comments

• Gillis said:
    matt88 said:
    I feel like that Camara injury was so preventable. The idea that he'd play back-to-back 90 minutes Saturday-Tuesday after having barely played for a year and not had a full pre-season was pretty stupid. 
    You could see in that Bristol Rovers game that he was blowing after an hour but Holden kept him on, and he looked absolutely done in by the last 10 minutes. 
    Thought it was poor management from Holden not to take him off earlier, and we've now lost a very good player for what seems like long term.
    Easy jibe. If Holden had even a half decent replacement on the bench he’d of course have taken him off. Anyway this “foot injury”’ seems not to have occurred during a game, like a lot of our injuries. 

Fraser seems to me to be perennially not 100% fit. I can’t remember many games where he maintained influence on the game for anything like the full 90. 

Methven has said he knows our “performance” dept. needs a major upgrade. I look forward to it happening. Until it does, we will be having the same discussions every bloody week. 
    I think this is a regular beef of yours 
    is there actually any evidence that our medical team is any worse than anyone else’s
    i only hear really good things about Adam Coe and he has outlived loads of managers now - if he was useless at least one of the managers would have got rid of him. 
    Football players get injured that’s because of the high intensity game they play. 

But performance encompasses more than medical: it's fitness, conditioning and sports science as well. Appleton has commented on the condition of the players since his arrival.
    Every manager since Slade has commented on fitness, "standards" and unacceptable things at the training ground when they have taken over.  It's gone on so long it's very hard to find a common denominator.
  • Remember the good old days* when players with concussion, broken nose or dislocated shoulder were stuck out on the left wing to see out the game.
    All for less than £20 a week.
    Or Killer being sent out to play after being given multiple injections to "hide" his injury and numb the pain he was in.
    ;)

• Shrew said:
    Remember the good old days* when players with concussion, broken nose or dislocated shoulder were stuck out on the left wing to see out the game.
    All for less than £20 a week.
    Or Killer being sent out to play after being given multiple injections to "hide" his injury and numb the pain he was in.
    ;)

Sadly many ex players in there 60’s and 70’s can no longer remember the good old days.
    Exactly
  • TEL said:
    matt88 said:
    I feel like that Camara injury was so preventable. The idea that he'd play back-to-back 90 minutes Saturday-Tuesday after having barely played for a year and not had a full pre-season was pretty stupid. 
    You could see in that Bristol Rovers game that he was blowing after an hour but Holden kept him on, and he looked absolutely done in by the last 10 minutes. 
    Thought it was poor management from Holden not to take him off earlier, and we've now lost a very good player for what seems like long term.
    Easy jibe. If Holden had even a half decent replacement on the bench he’d of course have taken him off. Anyway this “foot injury”’ seems not to have occurred during a game, like a lot of our injuries. 

Fraser seems to me to be perennially not 100% fit. I can’t remember many games where he maintained influence on the game for anything like the full 90. 

Methven has said he knows our “performance” dept. needs a major upgrade. I look forward to it happening. Until it does, we will be having the same discussions every bloody week. 
    I may be wrong, but I think we had used our quota of subs and that's why Fraser stayed on for the remaining minutes. Not a good excuse really as it possibly only exasperated the injury.
    Witb 10 minutes of injury time becoming normal, you can't have all your subs on by the 75th minute and expect to see the game out with 11 uninjured players on the field.
  • Fraser still not even making the 18, then….
  • Fraser still not even making the 18, then….
    And we have injured another one in the week!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    A Charlton "soon" means two months
    I think this soon means tomorrow.
    How soon is now?
  • Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    A Charlton "soon" means two months
    I think this soon means tomorrow.
    How soon is now?
    Probably about another 6 weeks knowing us!

I was told he was touch and go to be involved at Stevenage so was suprised he wasn't in the 18 today.  
  • It was noticeable today against Wycombe how more often Charlton players were on the floor receiving treatment, and on two occasions from WW players, compared to Wycombe players.

Maybe bad luck on the day, but the fitnes/conditioning/physio team at Charlton needs to take some responsibility for the injury record in recent seasons.
  • edited September 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Appletons "we have a couple who are 50/50 for the game" comment maybe in relation to Fraser... and, dare I hope.... Aneke??
    I mean aneke was fit and played last week so I’d hope hes not already a 50-50 doubt again!
    A&Eke was on the field for 25 odd minutes last Saturday.  Based on years of experience with him there can't even be a 50% chance he's 50% fit for this Saturday.
    Anyone else sick to death of this stupid nickname? 

Can’t wait for him to score the winner in the next couple of games and shut a few people up.
    Yeah kind of bored of all the shite nicknames. 

A&Eke, Mansfield etc. They were funny for a fleeting moment, but like all jokes they've gone on too long.

I know right, all that Cheat code, The beast and he's a league one *insert ridiculous world famous Brazilian player reference* bollocks
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Appletons "we have a couple who are 50/50 for the game" comment maybe in relation to Fraser... and, dare I hope.... Aneke??
    I mean aneke was fit and played last week so I’d hope hes not already a 50-50 doubt again!
    A&Eke was on the field for 25 odd minutes last Saturday.  Based on years of experience with him there can't even be a 50% chance he's 50% fit for this Saturday.

Can’t wait for him to score the winner in the next couple of games and shut a few people up.

A&Eke, Mansfield etc. They were funny for a fleeting moment, but like all jokes they've gone on too long.
    Weren't you Mr Rak-Leko all last season? 
     Yep. It was a bad joke that I started to use seriously, but quickly it became used ironically because it was clear how much better Rak Sakyi was than Leko
    This reminds me of the Aussie cricket team's stance on "banter". 10/10 for trying!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Billy_Mix said:

I know right, all that Cheat code, The beast and he's a league one *insert ridiculous world famous Brazilian player reference* bollocks
    Scottish Pirlo 
  • Noticed the club referring to Tedic as "Teddy".

I wonder what other real nicknames the player's use.

I imagine most are just shortened versions of their names that are easy to shout during the game.
  • Noticed the club referring to Tedic as "Teddy".

I wonder what other real nicknames the player's use.

I imagine most are just shortened versions of their names that are easy to shout during the game.
    T.Watson is called TwentyB in the dressing room, no honestly.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was noticeable today against Wycombe how more often Charlton players were on the floor receiving treatment, and on two occasions from WW players, compared to Wycombe players.

Maybe bad luck on the day, but the fitnes/conditioning/physio team at Charlton needs to take some responsibility for the injury record in recent seasons.
    What I noticed was how much less the physios are on the pitch since the 30 second rule. Seems to be working.
  • Southbank said:
    It was noticeable today against Wycombe how more often Charlton players were on the floor receiving treatment, and on two occasions from WW players, compared to Wycombe players.

What I noticed was how much less the physios are on the pitch since the 30 second rule. Seems to be working.
    What's the 30 second rule?
    I did read it but forgotten. 
  • Southbank said:
    It was noticeable today against Wycombe how more often Charlton players were on the floor receiving treatment, and on two occasions from WW players, compared to Wycombe players.

If you get treated by the physio, you have to go off the field for 30 seconds before coming back on
  • Southbank said:

If you get treated by the physio, you have to go off the field for 30 seconds before coming back on
    Officials get a lot of stick, but keeping up with new and everchanging rules makes life more difficult than it already is.

Some responsibility, I imagine that's fair.
    I guess what none of us know is how much poor football management and cost saving initiatives contributed through players being asked to play when they shouldn't have been and whether effective/best treatments couldn't be accessed or used for long enough. 
  • Billy_Mix said:

Yep, I hate it. But it's still only second in stupid cl nicknames

the winner....Mansfield for DJ. Terrible!!!!?
  • Southbank said:

If you drop a chip on the floor, that's how long you have to pick it up and eat it
    Talk about inflation, it wasn’t that long ago, it was 5 seconds.
  • Tupac - can never remember who or why it is 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Tupac - can never remember who or why it is 
    His full name

Tyreece Anthony Tupac Shakur Campbell

If we’re calling him Tupac we should call Anderson Zidane

Karoy Zidane Lovebourne Anderson