Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraser and Camera injuries

What is the current status regarding their injuries?

Comments

• We really need those two back very quickly. Anyone with an update on Chuks ?
  • Quick plug for this thread, which I think is a great resource from @Dazzler21 (and whoever else is able to continue updating it) 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/96662/23-24-injuries-thread/p1 
  • JamesSeed said:
    There were recent images of them both on Social Media (not via. Charlton)

Fraser appears back out on the Grass, Camara is using an Anti-Grav machine.

Going by the details on the latter; Sage (one of the few on here with very good knowledge on Injuries to Footballers) seemed to think that Camara isn't far away from returning to running either.

So hopefully wont be much longer, seeing Leaburn quickly returned to the First Team when we got told about that.
    Was impressed how sharp Miles looked on his return. Augurs well. 
    Not quite in the Rufus category when he set the all time bar for comebacks from injury but I was impressed with Leaburn’s movement and thought he looked sharper than before he was injured 
    Yes, he had a spell where he looked a bit off the pace, but you get that with young players I guess. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    There were recent images of them both on Social Media (not via. Charlton)

Fraser appears back out on the Grass, Camara is using an Anti-Grav machine.

Going by the details on the latter; Sage (one of the few on here with very good knowledge on Injuries to Footballers) seemed to think that Camara isn't far away from returning to running either.

So hopefully wont be much longer, seeing Leaburn quickly returned to the First Team when we got told about that.
    Was impressed how sharp Miles looked on his return. Augurs well. 
    Amazing wasn't it.
    He looked about the fittest player on the pitch.

It made me wonder whether he could have featured earlier and was kept out to avoid Premier clubs bidding for him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• at least Chuks is "in a good place" obviously not on a football pitch
  • Poor old Chuks. Can’t get a break. 

………
    He could still get injured, though.
    On another beach most likely.
  • A 'minor' foot injury for Camera ...  I got a few negative responses when I mentioned it was 6-8 weeks for his return. 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Appleton damning both with faint praise "good players At This Level" doesn't read like either is really very close to a return Even if they are who are they likely to replace?
    Neither provides the industry or diligence of Karoy Anderson and with our piss poor back line MA can't afford to have less solidity in the middle of the park.  One or other might be called upon as a more attacking option when we're behind with 10 minutes to go
    Also reads like he ain't even met A&Eke in person, that comes across as they've chatted remotely.  No drama there tho cos Chuks's time is up innit?
  • A very oddly un-commital response. I know that over promising on injury returns isn't a good thing but I wonder if other clubs and manages (not just Appleton, seems like all our recent ones) are so evasive on injury updates.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Poor old Chuks. Can’t get a break. 

………
    The last thing he wants is a broken leg 🙄
  • thenewbie said:
    A very oddly un-commital response. I know that over promising on injury returns isn't a good thing but I wonder if other clubs and manages (not just Appleton, seems like all our recent ones) are so evasive on injury updates.
    In this particular case, it could be that having only recently come into the job Appleton has only really been looking at the players that are available right now, and the ones that aren't. He's got to try and get the team competitive by Saturday so if Fraser, Camara etc aren't going to factor in then they are not really part of his thinking yet.

Once they are able to train with the rest of the squad and compete for places he can look in more detail.

Maybe but these are 2 key players in Fraser and Camara and 2 potentially key players in Aneke (if ever fit) and McG (an Appleton fav) so I reckon any half decent new manager (which I think he is) would have asked questions on them all very early.  At the training ground a 30min chat with a physio should be enough so I don't buy that he is not aware personally.  If the injured were more peripheral then a different matter.
    It doesn't really matter, they will be back when they are back it just seems strange how obfuscated injuries have become in recent years at Charlton.
  • A 'minor' foot injury for Camera ...  I got a few negative responses when I mentioned it was 6-8 weeks for his return. 
    I remember when you posted that, and then Holden saying "minor" and I was like "thank God that bloke was wrong."

I apologize.
  • A very oddly un-commital response. I know that over promising on injury returns isn't a good thing but I wonder if other clubs and manages (not just Appleton, seems like all our recent ones) are so evasive on injury updates.
    It's not an exact science though, is it.
  • limeygent said:
    A very oddly un-commital response. I know that over promising on injury returns isn't a good thing but I wonder if other clubs and manages (not just Appleton, seems like all our recent ones) are so evasive on injury updates.
    It's not an exact science though, is it.
    Yeah I just read the article and I didn't think anything of it. He was kind of evasive, but I feel like that's pretty standard. For Fraser, coming back from a soft tissue injury there are a lot of variables around ramping back up. I don't know exactly what the injury to Camara is. I don't know, I thought it was a pretty standard answer for where they seem to be in their recovery process.
  • It seems like club policy now is to not put out bulletins about injured players and for managers to be vague in their responses when directly asked about return dates. I first noticed it when Jacko was at wheel.

In this day and age there really is no excuse not to communicate broad timelines at least, unless our medical dept. is so incompetent they don't know. 

We used to get more news on injury returns on Club Call back in the day, ffs.  The club need taking to task on this at the next fans forum.

• "One thing is for sure, he seems in a good place – which is helpful,” said Appleton. “The better place you are mentally then you are going to recover and be ready to be involved."

I know it's often been commented on that the issues with Chuks are perhaps more mental than physical, but does this comment confirm that? Am i reading too much into it or is he implying Chuks is in a good place mentally rather than with his actual injury?
  • "One thing is for sure, he seems in a good place – which is helpful,” said Appleton. “The better place you are mentally then you are going to recover and be ready to be involved."

I know it's often been commented on that the issues with Chuks are perhaps more mental than physical, but does this comment confirm that? Am i reading too much into it or is he implying Chuks is in a good place mentally rather than with his actual injury?
    think it was a general comment, it’s generally accepted that although a more positive outlook won’t solve any problems it can remove a barrier in all sorts of health issues