Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fraser and Camera injuries

Comments

• Kips said:
    It seems like club policy now is to not put out bulletins about injured players and for managers to be vague in their responses when directly asked about return dates. I first noticed it when Jacko was at wheel.

In this day and age there really is no excuse not to communicate broad timelines at least, unless our medical dept. is so incompetent they don't know. 

We used to get more news on injury returns on Club Call back in the day, ffs.  The club need taking to task on this at the next fans forum.
    I think it's all about not giving future opposition the heads up about future team selections and particularly player vulnerabilities.  Back in Club Call days players had a few reserve games before being available to the first team so the fitness situations were less of a secret. 
  • "One thing is for sure, he seems in a good place – which is helpful,” said Appleton. “The better place you are mentally then you are going to recover and be ready to be involved."

I know it's often been commented on that the issues with Chuks are perhaps more mental than physical, but does this comment confirm that? Am i reading too much into it or is he implying Chuks is in a good place mentally rather than with his actual injury?
    He's probably on holiday in the sun.
  • Off_it said:
    A Charlton "soon" means two months
    I think this soon means tomorrow.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    A Charlton "soon" means two months
    I think this soon means tomorrow.
    Me too
  • edited September 2023
    Appletons "we have a couple who are 50/50 for the game" comment maybe in relation to Fraser... and, dare I hope.... Aneke??
  • Appletons "we have a couple who are 50/50 for the game" comment maybe in relation to Fraser... and, dare I hope.... Aneke??
    I mean aneke was fit and played last week so I’d hope hes not already a 50-50 doubt again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Still no understanding of Camara’s injury and not informative from the club.

Why does this always happen to potential influential players?

The Head Coach also provided an update on the fitness of Nathan Asiimwe (quad), Panutche Camará (foot) and Scott Fraser (calf).

“Certainly Scotty’s the closest of the three," he revealed. "He’s not too far away from what the medical team are telling me. I had a good chat with him yesterday; he’s in really good spirits and he’s really looking forward to getting back with the group.

"It’s been good to see Nathan back out on the grass so quickly after the injury. Pan is probably a little bit more of a conservative one in terms of we’ve got to take our time with it.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/appleton-alfies-raring-go

• Still no understanding of Camara’s injury and not informative from the club.

Injuries are part of the game but why does it happen to so many of our players, we even sign unfit/injured players. Maybe I've just answered my own question. 
  • So Camara's "slight foot injury" will keep him out until Christmas no doubt. 
  • clive said:
    Still no understanding of Camara’s injury and not informative from the club.

The Head Coach also provided an update on the fitness of Nathan Asiimwe (quad), Panutche Camará (foot) and Scott Fraser (calf).

“Certainly Scotty’s the closest of the three," he revealed. "He’s not too far away from what the medical team are telling me. I had a good chat with him yesterday; he’s in really good spirits and he’s really looking forward to getting back with the group.

"It’s been good to see Nathan back out on the grass so quickly after the injury. Pan is probably a little bit more of a conservative one in terms of we’ve got to take our time with it.

That though, doesn’t really provide an understanding of the problem? It was originally only slight, what has turned it into, a major injury?
  • clive said:

That though, doesn’t really provide an understanding of the problem? It was originally only slight, what has turned it into, a major injury?
    Do you have your medical records shared in public?

Assuming the club aren't lying that someone is injured and they have actually been suspended by the club, out of favour with the manager, not picked for "other reasons", I think we should take things on face value, it's probably even more frustrating for the player and the manager could get the sack because of players not being available.

The amount of issues we have is concerning and in desperate need of addressing but telling us exactly what's wrong with them isn't necessary and won't improve it will it?
  • Charlton has a tradition and reputation in recent (21st Century) years of injuries being far worse than originally stated by the Club if indeed any information is shared whatsoever.
  • edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:

Assuming the club aren't lying that someone is injured and they have actually been suspended by the club, out of favour with the manager, not picked for "other reasons", I think we should take things on face value, it's probably even more frustrating for the player and the manager could get the sack because of players not being available.

The amount of issues we have is concerning and in desperate need of addressing but telling us exactly what's wrong with them isn't necessary and won't improve it will it?
    If the injury or absence was not football related I would of course not expect that to leak into the public domain but I’m not sure a strain or any football related injury would be controversial if explained to the fans. Would you be outraged (if you were a player) if the club put out that the foot injury you had was eg bruising and might take three or four weeks to clear up ? 
    Not but if the say Fraser (calf) isn't expected to feature, as they just have, I am not sure giving a detailed diagnosis, medical treatments etc updates actually changes anything.

I don't really think we are entitled, or should expect to get, anything else.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:

If the injury or absence was not football related I would of course not expect that to leak into the public domain but I’m not sure a strain or any football related injury would be controversial if explained to the fans. Would you be outraged (if you were a player) if the club put out that the foot injury you had was eg bruising and might take three or four weeks to clear up ? 
    Not but if the say Fraser (calf) isn't expected to feature, as they just have, I am not sure giving a detailed diagnosis, medical treatments etc updates actually changes anything.

I don't really think we are entitled, or should expect to get, anything else.
    Recent quote from Ten Hag when asked about Luke Shaw's injury: "We can't [put a timescale on returns.] It's personal these days and they will be out for some period absent."

Obviously not something that's just happening here. It did used to be that a timescale would be given in most cases, but something seems to have changed. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:

Oooo someone's got out of the wrong side of the bed? 

I was simply suggesting that a better explanation might help to ease fans concerns. Not whether he's got the pox or not;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    clive said:

Oooo someone's got out of the wrong side of the bed? 

I was simply suggesting that a better explanation might help to ease fans concerns. Not whether he's got the pox or not;)
    I agree - what is camara’s injury? Is it a foot injury still ? He was absolutely busting a gut in the second half of a game at home he played but also had a bizarrely bad first half in one where he had 2 left feet - the potential to be a key player for us is there no doubt so would be good to know what the injury is as him and Fraser back, along with miles , could be season transforming 
  • Appletons "we have a couple who are 50/50 for the game" comment maybe in relation to Fraser... and, dare I hope.... Aneke??
    I mean aneke was fit and played last week so I’d hope hes not already a 50-50 doubt again!
    A&Eke was on the field for 25 odd minutes last Saturday.  Based on years of experience with him there can't even be a 50% chance he's 50% fit for this Saturday.
  • matt88 said:
    I feel like that Camara injury was so preventable. The idea that he'd play back-to-back 90 minutes Saturday-Tuesday after having barely played for a year and not had a full pre-season was pretty stupid. 
    You could see in that Bristol Rovers game that he was blowing after an hour but Holden kept him on, and he looked absolutely done in by the last 10 minutes. 
    Thought it was poor management from Holden not to take him off earlier, and we've now lost a very good player for what seems like long term.
    Easy jibe. If Holden had even a half decent replacement on the bench he’d of course have taken him off. Anyway this “foot injury”’ seems not to have occurred during a game, like a lot of our injuries. 

Fraser seems to me to be perennially not 100% fit. I can’t remember many games where he maintained influence on the game for anything like the full 90. 

Methven has said he knows our “performance” dept. needs a major upgrade. I look forward to it happening. Until it does, we will be having the same discussions every bloody week. 
  • matt88 said:
    I feel like that Camara injury was so preventable. The idea that he'd play back-to-back 90 minutes Saturday-Tuesday after having barely played for a year and not had a full pre-season was pretty stupid. 
    You could see in that Bristol Rovers game that he was blowing after an hour but Holden kept him on, and he looked absolutely done in by the last 10 minutes. 
    Thought it was poor management from Holden not to take him off earlier, and we've now lost a very good player for what seems like long term.
    Easy jibe. If Holden had even a half decent replacement on the bench he’d of course have taken him off. Anyway this “foot injury”’ seems not to have occurred during a game, like a lot of our injuries. 

Fraser seems to me to be perennially not 100% fit. I can’t remember many games where he maintained influence on the game for anything like the full 90. 

Methven has said he knows our “performance” dept. needs a major upgrade. I look forward to it happening. Until it does, we will be having the same discussions every bloody week. 
    I think this is a regular beef of yours 
    is there actually any evidence that our medical team is any worse than anyone else’s
    i only hear really good things about Adam Coe and he has outlived loads of managers now - if he was useless at least one of the managers would have got rid of him. 
    Football players get injured that’s because of the high intensity game they play. 
  • matt88 said:

I may be wrong, but I think we had used our quota of subs and that's why Fraser stayed on for the remaining minutes. Not a good excuse really as it possibly only exasperated the injury.
  • matt88 said:

I think this is a regular beef of yours 
    is there actually any evidence that our medical team is any worse than anyone else’s
    i only hear really good things about Adam Coe and he has outlived loads of managers now - if he was useless at least one of the managers would have got rid of him. 
    Football players get injured that’s because of the high intensity game they play. 

But performance encompasses more than medical: it's fitness, conditioning and sports science as well. Appleton has commented on the condition of the players since his arrival.