Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer and Steve Gallen coaching the Montserrat team?

Comments

• Options
    Weird.
  • Options
    Doesn’t Lyle Taylor play for Montserrat?
  • Options
    Good discovery....what's going on here!?
  • Options
    Who is 38 and what happened to 37?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The bloke on the left is trying hard to look like johnnie jackson but just not quite pulling it off 
    Bobby Mimms 
  • Options
    What the fuck? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, I'm genuinely quite pleased as it may partially explain why he didn't apply for the Charlton job.
  • Options
    Charlie boy goes on holiday in Montserrat 
  • Options
    Interesting career choice, and will hopefully be something he gains experience from - Cant really lose either, if they're shit, then its really to be expected, if they win its a feather in their cap.

Gallen after all has experience of Football abroad, so is a good appointment there
  • Options
    But why is Gallen there? He's not a coach, his job is negotiations and contracts and a bit of scouting? Is he roaming the back streets of Brades looking for new stars?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    But why is Gallen there? He's not a coach, his job is negotiations and contracts and a bit of scouting? Is he roaming the back streets of Brades looking for new stars?
    Needs to learn some new names to add to his list of potential acquisitions 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair play to them!
  • Options
    Well, I'm genuinely quite pleased as it may partially explain why he didn't apply for the Charlton job.
    Behave, no one who is serious about wanting to be a success in football management would prioritise a resource-poor, FIFA ranked 179 nation over a potential L1 gig. 

Montserrat is largely made up of lower non-league players including 34yr and 35yr old Dulwich Hamlet players, and a 38yr old who plays for Tower Hamlets FC in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League Division One South (step 6, equivalent of say Bridon  Ropes or Meridian Sports).

Ok, nice little occasional jolly out to the sun, but I’m amazed he’d want to get involved at such low levels of ability and infrastructure 
    Well they must be shelling out some wages if bowyer, Bobby Mimms and the master negotiator, Steve - oversaw the return of chucks aneke - Gallen are there - bit of a jolly up factor as well though I would assume - and why not ? Must be pretty tough when it’s all going tits up in football management 
  • Options
    edited September 2023

I think this is very much a part time gig - no manager with any ambition would ignore a decent offer from an English league club (I'm not suggesting that's what we did) to do a part time role with amateurs. 

Edit - AFKA got there first
  • Options
    I don’t think bowyer had big ambition to be a football manager - he started doing s bit of coaching, found he like it, ended up as manager, found he liked that and then it went tits and he ended up at birmingham which was also a bit Titsy so probably not fussed about getting back in the trenches at charlton which is looking like another battle atm 
  • Options
    Perhaps he doesn't like the SMT setup at Charlton. Seems Powell also refused to work perhaps for the same reasons?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    A month ago Lyle Taylor baby and Lee big fish Bowyer were on Radio 5 and had made up long ago.

Lyle Taylor was training up north to get one more contract with a couple of other journey men footballers.

I believe this will be a part-time arrangement until Lee Bowyer gets the shout probably from Wrexham if Parky ships too many goals as they have on two occasions at home.
    You heard it here first: Ryan Reynolds wants to make a movie about Lee Bowyer called 'McDonald's to Montserrat via Leeds'.

Barbados v Montserrat tomorrow and away to the Dominican Republic on Tuesday, so a few training sessions, a couple of matches  and some great fishing in the Carribbean.
    CONCACAF nation league has its merits.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Behave, no one who is serious about wanting to be a success in football management would prioritise a resource-poor, FIFA ranked 179 nation over a potential L1 gig. 

Montserrat is largely made up of lower non-league players including 34yr and 35yr old Dulwich Hamlet players, and a 38yr old who plays for Tower Hamlets FC in the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League Division One South (step 6, equivalent of say Bridon  Ropes or Meridian Sports).

Ok, nice little occasional jolly out to the sun, but I’m amazed he’d want to get involved at such low levels of ability and infrastructure 
    Well they must be shelling out some wages if bowyer, Bobby Mimms and the master negotiator, Steve - oversaw the return of chucks aneke - Gallen are there - bit of a jolly up factor as well though I would assume - and why not ? Must be pretty tough when it’s all going tits up in football management 
    "Chaps, what are you up to at the moment?"

"Not a lot"

"Fancy an all expenses couple of weeks in the Caribbean if you can do a few evenings coaching?"
    Exactly this. Bowyer gets to do a very easy (low pressure, no expectations) bit of "coaching" gets a few quid for it and none of the aggro of a full time league management role. 

He's probably not needing the money. Its just a side gig for him.