Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton - Sacked 23/1/2024 (p105)

Comments

• Options
    Feels like huge pressure on him from the fans from the get go. I think he could be a good appointment, does have a bit of a track record of working well with youth but understand why he’s not that popular too
  • Options
    I think he mighty actually be able to instil the harder to beat mentality so desperately required as a foundation for any significant future progression. I'm more interested to see how he goes about motivating the players than the fans tbh. And importantly, who is coming with him?
  • Options
    It’s the hope that kills you but my hope ran out at this announcement. Oh dear!
  • Options
    Got a tough job with that defence. Not seeing anything to think we will get enough clean sheets to challenge for top 6. 
  • Options
    The man we made fun of for years to be our manager and now he is god we’re fucking shit.hope he try’s to play the 433 3141 352 shit formations like we have done for 3 seasons.with wingers as full backs and 1 isolated striker up front. Think I’ll just start watching the women’s team instead. Fucking shit. 
    When I see the bit on keith peacock I thought he was taking over wish he was. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Underwhelmed 
  • Options

Had no idea who we'd appointed until this was posted, thank you.
  • Options
    Absolute rock bottom 😭
  • Options
    That coaches voice video with him talking about 4231 is interesting.... not especially sure that would fit our squad especially with May and Leaburn who should be a pretty interesting strike partnership to see develop. 
  • Options
    It’s the two year deal that to me, reeks of a cheap option! If he’s that good with bringing young players through then why hasn’t he been given a longer deal. The new lot must think we are stupid!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does this means that the manager after Appleton will be defying the odds and coming in at 16/1?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Good luck Michael Appleton because you will have to live in a safe house, wear dark glasses as you scare the fans and be delivered to the ground on match days in a basket.

Emulate your over achievement with Lincoln when getting into the play offs rather than your journey man travels elsewhere.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    It’s the two year deal that to me, reeks of a cheap option! If he’s that good with bringing young players through then why hasn’t he been given a longer deal. The new lot must think we are stupid!! 
    Given the average lifespan of a Charlton manager is about 17 minutes I would imagine he’s thrilled with a 2 year deal. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    First game in charge will be at Stevenage.
    Win it then.
    Plum, did you know he was educated at public school, voted brexit, and loves his steak served rare? 

I think that's why Methven chose him.
    I think you should post this on the politics section.
  • Options
    His managerial record isn't awful, just too many draws. But yeah this stinks of 15th choice cheap option, with many others rejecting us (who can blame them). 
  • Options
    Absolutely no ambition.