Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa League & Europa Conference League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Could be an interesting exit from the stadium for the Villa fans...
  • Options
    Seems very cruel to zoom in on crying kids. Adults fair game though 
  • Options
    He definitely showed a yellow card. Did he forget he was booked in the first half? 
    Did they say it doesn’t count?
  • Options
    Emi Martinez is the best shootout keeper you could ask for. 
  • Options
    He definitely showed a yellow card. Did he forget he was booked in the first half? 
    Yellow cards during the 120 minutes don’t carry over to the penalty shootout apparently. So he was given 2 yellows but not sent off. 
    Doubt that’s happened before, certainly not at that level. 
  • Options
    Yellows in the game aren't carried into the penalty shootout 
  • Options
    Lucky Liverpool... Atalanta score but offside

Where is Lookman?
  • Options
    A late Leverkusen goal ends West ham's hopes. 44 games unbeaten now this season.

No English sides in the semi's of the Champions league or the Europa.
  • Options
    Shocking from English teams.

Newcastle and possibly Brighton the only ones given a pass, and West Ham losing to the best side in Europe at the moment.

United blowing the easiest group ever, Liverpool shitting the bed against an average Italian side, Arsenal losing to the worst Bayern side in living memory and city battering Madrid but can’t finish their dinner.

Reality check for the ‘best league in the world’.
  • Options
    Shocking that all 3 title contenders are out of Europe in the same week. It seems that both Arsenal and Liverpool have hit the wall at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last 12 in Europe:

Germany - 3, Bayern, Dortmund & Leverkusen
    Italy - 3, Atalanta, Fiorentina & Roma
    France - 2, Marseille & PSG
    Belgium - 1, Club Brugge
    England - 1, Aston Villa
    Greece - 1, Olympiakos
    Spain - 1, Real Madrid

Clearly those pesky FA Cup replays have cost the English sides.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Didn’t know Gudmansson had left Burnley for Lille🤷🏻‍♂️
    Not sure if I’m being whooshed here but not the same bloke. Johann is still at Burnley. Lille have a Swedish player called Gabriel Gudmundsson.
  • Options

• Options
    Shocking that all 3 title contenders are out of Europe in the same week. It seems that both Arsenal and Liverpool have hit the wall at the same time.
    Could maybe let Arsenal off given that Bayern despite their poor season are still a decent side and have a strong European pedigree, but Liverpool were awful. Started really well last night but did absolutely nothing in the second half which was bizarre given they had to go for it. Not sure they even had a shot.
  • Options
    Could maybe let Arsenal off ...
    Nope.  Not a chance.

A new mural was painted in N17 yesterday...

• Options
    edited April 19
    Went to the West Ham game last night. They were excellent in the first half but couldn't keep up the energy levels in the second and a really good Leverkusen side controlled the tempo. That being said, they were very lucky to keep their unbeaten record. 

West Ham's biggest problem was having 0 options off the bench. Alvarez and Ward Prowse looked dead around 60 but they didn't have any replacements. Heard someone suggest a certain Mr Coventry should have been kept for this reason.

They are a weird club. Europa league quarter and a top 10 finish is way above par for them but majority of the fans want their manager gone!
  • Options
    Emi Martínez  is fucking box office, love it 
  • Options
    Last 12 in Europe:

Germany - 3, Bayern, Dortmund & Leverkusen
    Italy - 3, Atalanta, Fiorentina & Roma
    France - 2, Marseille & PSG
    Belgium - 1, Club Brugge
    England - 1, Aston Villa
    Greece - 1, Olympiakos
    Spain - 1, Real Madrid

Clearly those pesky FA Cup replays have cost the English sides.
    Must be the fewest English sides at this stage for several years. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Could maybe let Arsenal off ...
    Nope.  Not a chance.

A new mural was painted in N17 yesterday...

Is that real?

if so could be one of the most desperate things I’ve seen in a while. 
  • Options
    follett said:
    Went to the West Ham game last night. They were excellent in the first half but couldn't keep up the energy levels in the second and a really good Leverkusen side controlled the tempo. That being said, they were very lucky to keep their unbeaten record. 

West Ham's biggest problem was having 0 options off the bench. Alvarez and Ward Prowse looked dead around 60 but they didn't have any replacements. Heard someone suggest a certain Mr Coventry should have been kept for this reason.

They are a weird club. Europa league quarter and a top 10 finish is way above par for them but majority of the fans want their manager gone!
    I watched it.  West Ham put so much into that first half, Leverkusen dominated second half once they'd blown themselves out.
    The game should have been done when Frimpong went through clear 1 on 1 but blazed over.

Antonio is limited as a footballer but by christ, does he make up for it by being an utter handful.  Thought Tapsoba done a pretty good job on him second half (can now see why Spurs wanted him last summer before we went for van der Venn instead!)  Always thought Xhaka was a liability for Arsenal but he was very very good in both legs.  Guess that comes with having so much more time on the ball in Germany as its not played at 100mph like the PL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was getting slated by my 12 year old for wanting Villa to win , he kept saying so you want spurs to get champions league and giving it to me 
    I'm proud I've produced a bitter little shit who hates every london club 
  • Options
    What even us?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    What even us?
    None more so than us , the pain they have caused in the last 15 years
  • Options
    Even though they lost, I think Man City showed they are the best team in Europe IMO but Arsenal and Liverpool do not stand out.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Didn’t know Gudmansson had left Burnley for Lille🤷🏻‍♂️
    Not sure if I’m being whooshed here but not the same bloke. Johann is still at Burnley. Lille have a Swedish player called Gabriel Gudmundsson.
    No whoosh. My mistake as I noticed JBG scored for Burnley today. Just that a pic on the bbc website of Lille celebrating their goal showed their Gudmunsson from behind and he looked just like JBG
  • Options
    Villa chasing the tie (4-2 down from the home leg) and they go a goal down.

Mountain to climb now.
  • Options
    Martinez's positioning was terrible for the goal
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Villa passing the ball round-the-box and only 1 player inside for a pass or cross. Not gonna score three if all the players are outside the box! Ask any Charlton fan!
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Lookman has scored in his semi final for Atalanta, so will go through to the final against Leverkusen as things stand. 

Edit: here's the goal 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Lookman has scored in his semi final for Atalanta, so will go through to the final against Leverkusen as things stand. 

Edit: here's the goal 
    Just got an assist for the second too