Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa League & Europa Conference League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    West Ham kicked off at 5.45 pm at the London stadium tonight, Thursday? Seems odd - can't imagine so many could get along to that or is the world of home working changing things to that extent?

Edit- seems TV reasons, no surprise really;
    From bbc;

West Ham are playing at a kick-off time not often seen on English soil, 17:45 GMT.

That is because three other English teams are also at home in Europe tonight and someone needed to move to the early slot for TV reasons.

"It's a strange kick-off time for a football club in London," said boss David Moyes.

"We have got to hope that the fans can get through all the rush hour and that flexible working allows people to get to the stadium in plenty of time so we can get that backing we badly need."

Rangers kicked off at 5:45 too. 

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the early kick offs to be restricted to matches taking place in time zones further east of ours? That way they’ll be starting at 6:45/7:45pm which is a bit more sensible for a working day.
    I expect West Ham have been handsomely rewarded and not needed to admit they don't actually care so much abut their fans.
    Do you really get more money if your match gets shifted to an earlier kick off spot? I assumed the clubs have little say in it and UEFA basically decide.
  • Options
    Villa in front. Brighton the only English side going out currently.
  • Options
    Danny Welbeck for Brighton. Is the comeback on?
  • Options
    Ademola Lookman has scored for Atalanta against Sporting, 2-2 on aggregate in that one.
  • Options
    Fair play to Moyes, he gets a lot of stick from some West Ham fans but he's now got them to at least the quarter finals for a third successive season in Europe.

Before Moyes - 25 European wins in their entire history.
    With Moyes - 26 European wins.
  • Options
    Leverkusen in trouble, 2-1 down on the night 4-3 on aggregate. Was 2-0 on the night but Qarabag have gone down to 10 men, and Leverkusen have got 1 back. 

Would be a big boost to the like of Villa and Tottenham if they went out.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Leverkusen scored twice in added time (90+3, 90+7) to win 5-4 on aggregate and keep their unbeaten season alive.

They were 2-0 down in both legs - pulled the away one back to 2-2 in the 92nd minute.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    West Ham kicked off at 5.45 pm at the London stadium tonight, Thursday? Seems odd - can't imagine so many could get along to that or is the world of home working changing things to that extent?

From bbc;

West Ham are playing at a kick-off time not often seen on English soil, 17:45 GMT.

That is because three other English teams are also at home in Europe tonight and someone needed to move to the early slot for TV reasons.

"It's a strange kick-off time for a football club in London," said boss David Moyes.

"We have got to hope that the fans can get through all the rush hour and that flexible working allows people to get to the stadium in plenty of time so we can get that backing we badly need."

Wouldn’t it make more sense for the early kick offs to be restricted to matches taking place in time zones further east of ours? That way they’ll be starting at 6:45/7:45pm which is a bit more sensible for a working day.
    I expect West Ham have been handsomely rewarded and not needed to admit they don't actually care so much abut their fans.
    Do you really get more money if your match gets shifted to an earlier kick off spot? I assumed the clubs have little say in it and UEFA basically decide.
    I would imagine there's terms and conditions covering it in advance but it's such an odd time to play, relatively speaking, that I'd also expect west ham not to miss an opportunity for some compensation/ additional payments.
  • Options
    Decent night overall for the English sides, 4 played, 4 won, 16-1 in goals.
  • Options
    Leverkusen scored twice in added time (90+3, 90+7) to win 5-4 on aggregate and keep their unbeaten season alive.

They were 2-0 down in both legs - pulled the away one back to 2-2 in the 92nd minute.
    Patrick Schick - the scourge of Scotland ;) - came on mid way through the second half and scored on 90+3 and 90+8. There was only supposed to be six minutes of added time too. Oof.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Patrick Schick - the scourge of Scotland ;) - came on mid way through the second half and scored on 90+3 and 90+8. There was only supposed to be six minutes of added time too. Oof.
    It’s a minimum of 6 minutes. 
  • Options
    Decent night overall for the English sides, 4 played, 4 won, 16-1 in goals.
    Great night for English clubs, and the coefficient!
  • Options

Winning goal came on 96:52 which was the additional time added on for the celebrations of the equaliser.

Leverkusen now 37 unbeaten this season, largely thanks to Schick who aside from last night, also scored a 92nd minute equaliser in the first leg.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

From bbc;

I would imagine there's terms and conditions covering it in advance but it's such an odd time to play, relatively speaking, that I'd also expect west ham not to miss an opportunity for some compensation/ additional payments.
    they won't get extra for that game being played at that time
    those kick off times are already factored into the prize money paid out for the tournament.

• Options
    edited March 15
    Europa league draw:

AC Milan v Roma
    Liverpool v Atalanta
    Leverkusen v West Ham
    Benfica v Marseille

Semi finals:

Benfica or Marseille v Liverpool or Atalanta

AC Milan or Roma v Bayer Leverkusen or West Ham

Nothing to fear for Liverpool there, think they now easily make the final. West ham i doubt go much further.

• Options
    edited March 15
    Good draw for Villa

Quarter-finals:
    Club Bruges v PAOK
    Olympiakos v Fenerbahce
    Aston Villa v Lille
    Viktoria Plzen v Fiorentina
    Semi-finals:
    Aston Villa or Lille v Olympiakos or Fenerbahce
    Viktoria Plzen or Fiorentina v Club Bruges or PAOK
  • Options
    Villa get out of jail taking it to ET. They’ve been shite.

Funny feeling Liverpool might do it tonight.
  • Options
    Didn’t know Gudmansson had left Burnley for Lille🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Hahaha... I f**king love Martinez in a Penalty Shootout
  • Options
    Emi Martinez sent off mid shootout. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooops lol!
  • Options
    Guaranteed to make it all about him 😂
  • Options
    Or not. 
  • Options
    Cmon that wasnt a Yellow Card offence
  • Options
    He definitely showed a yellow card. Did he forget he was booked in the first half? 
  • Options
    Great pen from Watkins given everything happening 
  • Options
    Great pen from Watkins given everything happening 
    Bit lucky seeing he slipped over
  • Options
    Learn something new every day. 

Apparently yellow cards don’t carry over into a shootout! Not sure about that. 
  • Options
    Sure it's the angle but the Lille goals seem very small
  • Options
    edited April 18
    Those French fans look a Lille disappointed

Edit: No need to show the crying kids