Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Abankwah signs on season long loan from Udinese - gone back (p7)

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Scoham said:
    Off_it said:
    St Pats Athletic to Udinese is really random, how did they spot him?
    They took another young Irish kid called Festy Ebosele as well. Just read an article that said Italian clubs have stepped up taking in Irish youngsters since Brexit as the age they can come to UK clubs had been raised from 16 to 18. Seems Irish clubs are getting a jump start getting them before 18 
    Ah yes, the Ebosele family from Donegal. Well known local clan.
    Well known to me, I signed him on FM.
    The whole family?
    Yep - Festy, Gomez, Morticia, Wednesday and Pugsley etc
  • Options
    lawhite said:
    It blows my mind… why are we signing kids on loan, we when enough kids of our own already in the team!!! 

Where are the tried and tested league one senior players who are able to help us push on..

Alfie May must be thinking what the help have I joined!! 
    People moan we are playing our kids too much. People moan when we bring in another team’s good looking prospect to take a spot,
    Moaners  gonna moan.
  • Options
    Major said:
    lawhite said:
    It blows my mind… why are we signing kids on loan, we when enough kids of our own already in the team!!! 

Where are the tried and tested league one senior players who are able to help us push on..

People moan we are playing our kids too much. People moan when we bring in another team’s good looking prospect to take a spot,
    Moaners  gonna moan.
    Or different posters have different opinions.
  • Options
    The most left field signing of the summer. I could be wrong, but it looks from that rather short ‘highlights reel’ that there may be an intention on playing him at right back in competition with Asiimwe. 

Feels like more of a Maatsen than a Penney.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    The most left field signing of the summer. I could be wrong, but it looks from that rather short ‘highlights reel’ that there may be an intention on playing him at right back in competition with Asiimwe. 

Feels like more of a Maatsen than a Penney.
    Says on the OS he can also play right back, but then we have Watson as well as Asiimwe there now.
  • Options
    ValleyBen said:
    Major said:
    lawhite said:

Moaners  gonna moan.
    Or different posters have different opinions.
    Or same posters are always moaning.
  • Options
    Where is the striker ?
  • Options
    Abankwah? I barely know ya! 
  • Options
    Where is the striker ?
    Tedic was having his medical according to Ben Ransom.
  • Options
    lawhite said:

Kindergarten…🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just realised that Abankwah is Oirish for Taylor
  • Options
    I'm drinking in the Abankwah & Hope, stay positive!!!!
  • Options
    Gonna nickname him after his name backwards 

The Hawk Naba 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Just noticed same agent as Terry Taylor
    It does feel like that business is being done with mates.

• Options
    Parents missed a trick not naming him Robert. 
    Funniest thing on CL for months. Well done 👍
  • Options
    Whelmed 
    Is that the opposite of underwhelmed?
  • Options
    lawhite said:

Presumably they think this guy might be a bit special whereas ours are limited? I definitely have a good feeling about this one.
    Having said that our priority should be an experienced CB to Marshall the defence. But perhaps none wanted to join us? Just a possibility, when you see the ownership uncertainty and the turnover of managers.
    I think Alfie May will be quite happy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if this has been posted or not but he's in the Ireland U21 squad so no training with the team for a while https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/u21-baba-adeeko-receives-first-u21-call-up
  • Options
    Shame, tomorrow would've been a good opportunity to see what he's about. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Whelmed 
    Is that the opposite of underwhelmed?
    That would be overwhelmed. Somewhat whelmed that you needing reminding. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Not sure if this has been posted or not but he's in the Ireland U21 squad so no training with the team for a while https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/u21-baba-adeeko-receives-first-u21-call-up
    6 out of that squad currently playing for L1 teams
  • Options
    Yessss buzzing what a signing, very realistically gonna have multiple games this season where all our CBs are aged 21 or younger, which I am sure will pay off.....
    Craig Cathcart is available. 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    The referee's abankwah
    No, Charlton’s Abankwah. Let the ref get his own one. 
  • Options
    Just noticed same agent as Terry Taylor
    “ Come to Charlton, sit on the bench and get a few minutes at the tail end of the game“.

“I’ll be on the next ‘plane“
  • Options
    Need to get the Hawk Naba training with us ASAP
  • Options
    Oh Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy Abankwah. 👍