Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 2nd September 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Leaburn is fit to play - just seen him outside 
    Just can't see him featuring, may have been back in training but I'd have thought a long way from actually being fit.
  • With goal machine Stockers not available I will revise my prediction of 1-2.   1-1 and the misery continues.
  • Whatever formation, whatever line up I’m just hoping for…addicks to victory with a clean sheet win!!
  • With goal machine Stockers not available I will revise my prediction of 1-2.   1-1 and the misery continues.
    They replaced him with an actual striker signed yesterday, Tishmanga from Peterborough.
  • Christ, we need a win, don’t we! And this is the best opportunity we’ve had so far in this dreadful start, to do that.  Odds must be stacked up against Fleetwood but this is Charlton, so, inevitably nothing’s straightforward.

I think we’ll get the win and wouldn’t a commanding performance be nice, but not holding my breath.
  • I said yesterday that by this morning we will know whether we are in for another couple of years of league 1 tedium or will have something to get excited about - well I was wrong because I’m not quite sure - the wolves fella earlier in the week and the Man City forward are the 2 bits of possible excitement - if they are good we could have a good season 
  • edited September 2023
    Whatever formation, whatever line up I’m just hoping for…addicks to victory with a clean sheet win!!

Thanks Thomas.

Facepalm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Whatever formation, whatever line up I’m just hoping for…addicks to victory with a clean sheet win!!
    God I miss that guy!
  • 5-2 Addicks win
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d like to think Pearce will just have us making sure we do the basics right today, keep it tight at the back and we’re always likely to get 1 or 2. 

2-1 win
  • Leaburn is back on the bench
  • Charlton: Isted; Asiimwe, Jones, Hector, Edun; Dobson (c), Anderson, C.Campbell; T.Campbell, May, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Ness, Thomas, Leaburn, Taylor, Kirk, Kanu

• 433 or 4231 looks to me, much more attacking sode
  • Good to see Tyreece and Miles back. And Kirk on the bench.
  • edited September 2023
    433 or 4231 looks to me, much more attacking sode
    4-3-3 according to OS
  • RedChaser said:

Charlton: Isted; Asiimwe, Jones, Hector, Edun; Dobson (c), Anderson, C.Campbell; T.Campbell, May, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Ness, Thomas, Leaburn, Taylor, Kirk, Kanu

On paper you’d hope that would be enough to beat Fleetwood. Great to see Miles back involved. 
  • Will that be 4-3-3?
  • Will that be 4-3-3?
    ross1 said:
    4-3-3 according to OS

• 4-2-4, very attacking!
  • Sponsored links:

• New manager bounce. 

Easy 3-0 win 
  • edited September 2023
    ross1 said:
    4-3-3 according to OS
    I like it honestly, nothing fancy or innovative but we just need a win by any means necessary. Leaburn and T Campbell both back/in the squad is genuinely good news before we even integrate the new kids on the block
  • 0-0 All the local Barn Doors are safe .
  • thenewbie said:
    ross1 said:
    4-3-3 according to OS
    I like it honestly, nothing fancy or innovative but we just need a win by any means necessary. Leaburn and T Campbell both back/in the squad is genuinely good news before we even integrate the new kiss on the block
    Don’t tell me that Spanish Football President is now part of the SMT 🤦‍♂️.
  • Bit worrying Camara is still out. Wonder if that's from the game where he looked to be injured but then came back on probably making the injury worse in the process. 
  • Be interesting (I use that word loosely) to see if the potential new manager is here today.
  • edited September 2023
    fadgadget said:
    0-0 All the local Barn Doors are safe .
    and another poor day's business for the local banjo repair and veterinary communities.
  • Brownie12 said:
    Be interesting (I use that word loosely) to see if the potential new manager is here today.
  • 2-0 HT
    2-2 FT
    The misery continues. 
  • Brownie12 said:
    Be interesting (I use that word loosely) to see if the potential new manager is here today.
    Is the Directors section big enough to accommodate all the names we've been linked with?