Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 2nd September 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town
Saturday 2nd September 2023 - 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: Carl Brook

Introduction
Nostradamus is one of the most well known Astrologers in History

He died at 62-years of age, not too long ago in fact (1566 to be exact)... His Secretary had just asked him who the Charlton Manager would be in the 2020s... All he received in response; "You will not find me alive at Sunrise" - I guess even the greatest are unable to predict the impossible.

The Opposition
Name: Fleetwood Town (23rd) | Manager: Scott Brown
Ground: Highbury Stadium
Previous League Result: Fleetwood 0-1 Shrewsbury

So we come this Saturday to the greatest moment of the Modern Age... "The Battle between the two sides who have lost five on the trot" (and breathe!!) - This after all hasn't been the best of starts for Scott Brown and his Merry Band of Cod Army - In fact, if its possible, they've made a worse start to their League campaign than the Addicks, having picked up just the one draw, an opening day 1-1 encounter at newly promoted Carlisle United.

At least Fleetwood seem to have an excuse, after all the start to their 2023/24 campaign was shrouded by the news that Chairman; Andy Pilley had been jailed for 13-years... Guilty of fraud offences... Many a Football fan will no doubt argue that they themselves have players committing similar offences.

So how will our opponents line up this coming Saturday - Well it'll be worth keeping an eye on Danny Mayor in Midfield, having signed in the summer from Plymouth Argyle - There should equally be Charlton connections on show tomorrow too, the obvious being Jayden Stockley, whilst not to be forgotten are the Academy Graduates: Junior Quitirna and Brendan Wiredu, both will looking to make an impression on their former home.

Charlton Team News
Well how will Jason Pearce setup his first squad, ahead of tomorrow's clash

Well when asked... He replied in simple terms: "Its Elementary"

After all there are now two new signings through the door this exciting of Deadline Days... Tennai Watson has joined after leaving Milton Keynes in the summer, whilst Louie Watson (no relation) has joined on loan from Luton - The latter may well miss this upcoming clash, along with any other new signings, it all depends of course on when the paperwork was completed, rather than when the announcement was made.

Take that AgilePM!!

Maynard-Brewer
Asiimwe - Jones - Ness - Edun
Anderson - Dobson - Taylor
C.Campbell
May - Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes Bench: Isted - T.Watson - Hector - T.Campbell - Camara - Kanu - Leaburn

Comments

• 2-0 Charlton. May and Chem.
  • Must win just for fan morale but then I said that before Port Vale.
  • A must win.
  • If Fleetwood can't get 3 points off us tomorrow they have no chance of staying up this season 
  • Surely all of these signings can go straight into the starting line-up...
  • If Fleetwood can't get 3 points off us tomorrow they have no chance of staying up this season 
    They're going down then...🤷‍♂️
    No, some signed after midday and others not match fit
  • ross1 said:
    Surely all of these signings can go straight into the starting line-up...
    No, some signed after midday and others not match fit
    I was being sarcastic but my mistake for not making it more obvious. 
  • Sponsored links:

• with all the comings and going it's anyone's guess who'll be in our line up .. cue a rare Stockley goal lol .. we REALLY need to win this one

Abankwah -He is not eligible for Saturday's clash against Fleetwood Town having been signed after today's 12pm deadline.
    Louie Watson-The midfielder is not eligible for Saturday's clash against Fleetwood Town having been signed after today's 12pm deadline.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news
  • Don’t think I’ve ever been so unenthusiastic about a Charlton home game in my time supporting the club. 
  • The nonsense must end: 4-0
  • Brownie12 said:
     Brownie12 said:
    Don’t think I’ve ever been so unenthusiastic about a Charlton home game in my time supporting the club. 
    Think of it as visiting a sick relative.
  • cblock said:
    Brownie12 said:
     Brownie12 said:
    Don’t think I’ve ever been so unenthusiastic about a Charlton home game in my time supporting the club. 
    That will out live you 
  • At the moment i will take a scabby 0-0. 
  • cblock said:
    Brownie12 said:
     Brownie12 said:
    That will out live you 
    Of course they will, but I will be there on Saturday, same as since 1971.
  • Owner jailed for 13 years for fraud - now there's an idea.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    with all the comings and going it's anyone's guess who'll be in our line up .. cue a rare Stockley goal lol .. we REALLY need to win this one
    None of the new signings will be. Either ineligible or not match fit. Pearcey may go safety first and just play all the senior players who are not actually limping. With all the fit eligible youth on the bench
    So: 5-3-2
    Isted
    Asimwe Jones Hector Thomas Edun
    Camara Dobson Taylor
    May CBT

Subs: AMB Elerewe Ness Campbell T Anderson Campbell Kanu
  • 1-0 = Chem Campbell. 

Strangely optimistic about this.

Cue Stockley hattrick...
  • I will see how the new signings do to see if they can give us a lift before writing off this season. But before they start cue Fleetwood. They are below us and will sit back and try and hit us with a set piece. Another sloppy goal conceded late on, 1-1.
  • 1-0 us, hopefully

Alfie May with the goal. If we can't keep a clean sheet against these I don't know when the next one is coming 
  • Got my ticket for tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the new players. What's that you say....they all signed too late to play tomorrow bar Watson (defender). Oh well, still think Pearce's new manager bounce will see us through.  

2-0. May & Campbell.
  • edited September 2023
    I think he'll go 4-4-2 but obviously I have no idea

Isted
    Assimwe Jones Hector Edun
    TC ...Anderson Dobbo..CBT
    ...........Kanu......May

Bench: AMB, Ness, Thomas, T. Watson, Taylor, Camara, C. Campbell

I really hope he goes to a 4-3-3 and brings Taylor and Camara (if fit) into the midfield and drops Anderson. But I feel like Pearce the player liked a 4-4-2 with central midfielders who work hard.

I think Chem will be first off the bench, but not quite ready to start yet. I think Leaburn will be held back as after this he'll have two full weeks before the next game. Could see him on the bench in the Pizza Trophy.

• Wait till the end of the wimdow.  These have real money 
    fuck off
    we’re destined for shitness forever 
  • We’ll win today, Charlton Life will be full of comments like “that’s the most fight I’ve seen from a Charlton team in years”, Pearce will be heralded as the new saviour and given the job permanently before being sacked in January after a 7 game winless run. 

2-0 to Charlton. 
  • edited September 2023
    I think because we’re at home he’ll go 4 at the back, it’s the formation he played in all his career so perhaps it’s what he’s comfortable with:

Isted

Asimwe, Hector, Jones, Edun

Dobson, Taylor

CBT, C Campbell, T Campbell 

May

They’ve lured me back in despite last week it’s a must win though.

• 3-0. May hat trick.