Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Fleetwood Town | Saturday 2nd September 2023 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• AMB

ASIIMWE  (FLIP A COIN) NESS EDUN

C CAMPBELL  DOBBO (FLIP A COIN)  CBT

KANU   MAY

• I think because we’re at home he’ll go 4 at the back, it’s the formation he played in all his career so perhaps it’s what he’s comfortable with:

Isted

Asimwe, Hector, Jones, Edun

Dobson, Taylor

CBT, C Campbell, T Campbell 

May

They’ve lured me back in despite last week it’s a must win though.

I agree with this other than maybe the new RB, Watson, starting.
  • cfgs said:
    I think because we’re at home he’ll go 4 at the back, it’s the formation he played in all his career so perhaps it’s what he’s comfortable with:

Isted

Dobson, Taylor

May

Don’t think he’s had a pre season, according to some on here anyway.
  • edited September 2023
    Got no problem with Asiimwe starting.

He just cant be left exposed on his own at set pieces.

If the Bowyer rumours aren't true, the first thing I want to see from Pearce (if he were to get the job F/T or in the future), is a tighter Defence - Not just because of what we've seen so far this season, but because he was a Defender himself.
  • 1-0 Charlton. Glimpses of the capability and fluidity that's untapped to date. The first steps to the summit starts today. 
  • cfgs said:
    I think because we’re at home he’ll go 4 at the back, it’s the formation he played in all his career so perhaps it’s what he’s comfortable with:

Isted

Dobson, Taylor

May

Don’t think he’s had a pre season, according to some on here anyway.
    I was hoping he has been training with his old club, a thing we allow on occasion, or with a new prospective employer. Then he won't be far off.
  • 2-0 addicks. We all link arms and hip hip hooray at the end of the game after a pulsating victory over the mighty fleet. The reds march up the league to the dizzy heights of 18th.
  • Team news

The Addicks will assess the availability of Panutche Camará (foot), Miles Leaburn (ankle) and Chuks Aneke (calf), though Scott Fraser (calf) will miss out.

Saturday's clash comes too soon for deadline-day signings Tennai Watson, Louie Watson, James Abankwah and Slobodan Tedić.

The visitors will be without Joel Lynch and Josh Earl, both of whom were shown red cards in the Cod Army's last outing, and former Addick Jayden Stockley (hamstring) is also sidelined.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/match-preview-charlton-v-fleetwood-town-0

• Can you ever be confident? But this needs to be a home win and I think it will be, 3-1 Charlton on a good afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Attendance will suffer because of the train strike, but surely others will want to see the dawn of a new era!? Hoping it’ll be over 10k. 
    I think there might be at least one return from injury. 
    Gotta win this one. 
    With the Wigan match postponed we’ll have have a league break until 16th Sept, a decent amount of time for a new manager (or Pearcey) to get a good look at the new signings and come up with a plan. 
  • I don't know if I'm glad or disappointed Stockleys injured for today... i think on balance probably the former you just know he'd have scored against us and been well up for it today
  • clive said:

Team news

The Addicks will assess the availability of Panutche Camará (foot), Miles Leaburn (ankle) and Chuks Aneke (calf), though Scott Fraser (calf) will miss out.

Saturday's clash comes too soon for deadline-day signings Tennai Watson, Louie Watson, James Abankwah and Slobodan Tedić.

The visitors will be without Joel Lynch and Josh Earl, both of whom were shown red cards in the Cod Army's last outing, and former Addick Jayden Stockley (hamstring) is also sidelined.

Too soon for all the new signings. I wonder what sort of pre season they have all had and how long before each is up to speed?

•                             AMB
                 Hector Jones Thomas 
         Asiimwe  Dobson Taylor  Edun
    C. Campbell       May       Blackett-taylor 

2-0 - May, Blackett-taylor 
  • clive said:

Team news

ANEKE!!!
  • They'll assess Chuks, sure 
  • Looking forward to this game 
    Be good to see us back to winning ways going for 2-1 to the Mighty CAFC
    COYR  B)
  • 2-1 to the Addicks...
  • I've got Charlton win, both teams to score and Stockley anytime 
  • A shame for Stockley that he can't play today.

I'm hoping for better game management than we've seen so far this season, and the likes of Hector getting their act together
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like Camara is still injured. Didn't see him in any of the training pics (I think).
  • Interesting to see Wiredu in their team. He was being touted for a Championship move last season.
  • clive said:

Team news

Too soon for all the new signings. I wonder what sort of pre season they have all had and how long before each is up to speed?
    With two good weeks of training until our next league game I would hope most will be up to speed.
    At the end of the day these are professional athletes. 
    It's not as if they have to come in and lose a load of weight or anything,  they should already be fit.
    When I hear managers saying they have to manage a players minutes etc it drives me mad.
    Two weeks of hard training starting Monday and hopefully most will be ready.
  • edited September 2023
    mendonca said:
    Sounds like Camara is still injured. Didn't see him in any of the training pics (I think).
    OS says Camara, Leaburn and Aneke are being assessed, so we could see any of them make the bench.

Also confirms it’s too early for yesterdays signings.
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:
    Sounds like Camara is still injured. Didn't see him in any of the training pics (I think).
    OS says Camara, Leaburn and Aneke are being assessed, so we could see any of them make the bench.

Watson the back was signed before 12 so is available.
  • clive said:

Team news

With two good weeks of training until our next league game I would hope most will be up to speed.
    At the end of the day these are professional athletes. 
    It's not as if they have to come in and lose a load of weight or anything,  they should already be fit.
    When I hear managers saying they have to manage a players minutes etc it drives me mad.
    Two weeks of hard training starting Monday and hopefully most will be ready.
    Two weeks of hard training and most will be ready for the treatment room and a spell on the injury list 
  • Redrobo said:
    Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

Watson the back was signed before 12 so is available.
    He’s available but on the match preview they’re saying it’s too early. The rules allow him to be involved but they’re confirming he’s not going to be thrown straight in.
  • Scoham said:
    mendonca said:

Find it confusing why Aneke and Leaburn have even been mentioned. Have either even started training yet after long layoffs, never mind getting up to match fitness after missing preseason.
  • My mate JP a will sort this bloody mess.