Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crawley (a) 05/09/23

Comments

• ross1 said:
    OS does not mention Hector as being on international duty, but I thought he was
    he wasn't in his countries squad as posted on here the other day, maybe he's on standby which is quite apt for him.
    So at the time we postponed the game we didn't actually have three definite callups!
    what about the opposition 
  • edited September 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    JamesSeed said:
    36 mins from Clapham Junction. Then an Uber? Considering it. Might even drive. 
    Great, more needless pollution.
    I knew someone would pick me up on that. Can I claim a whoosh?
    Going on the train. Freedom Pass, plus my senior railcard, means they actually pay me. 
  • Making the short trip from the south coast for this one. Any pubs in town that fellow Addicks are attending?
  • Blucher said:
    Going by car, so visiting Nymans Gardens and then on to the Brewery Shades pub on Crawley High St. No real idea what it’s like but should have some decent beer, as it won the local CAMRA pub of the year for 2022 and 2023
    I'm in Brighton at the moment. And very hot!
    If you're that hot you should be able to pull easy. 
    I did until I offered to take them to Crawley to see a pizza cup game 😉
  • Blucher said:
    Going by car, so visiting Nymans Gardens and then on to the Brewery Shades pub on Crawley High St. No real idea what it’s like but should have some decent beer, as it won the local CAMRA pub of the year for 2022 and 2023
    So am i
  • Making the short trip from the south coast for this one. Any pubs in town that fellow Addicks are attending?
    Me and a few from work are going to the railway
  • ‘Chuks Aneke (calf) will be assessed.’

He’s alive????
    Yeah chuckled at that. Assessed for Job Seekers Allowance?
  • clive said:
    TEAM NEWS

Internationals Ashley Maynard-Brewer (Australia), James Abankwah (Republic of Ireland U21s) and Terell Thomas (St Lucia) are unavailable having now linked up with their respective countries, while Panutche Camará (foot) and Chuks Aneke (calf) will be assessed.

Conor McGrandles (knee) is set to miss the game with an injury sustained in training.

Meanwhile, Scott Fraser (calf) continues to make good progress in his recovery after picking up an issue in Charlton's opening-day win against Leyton Orient. 

Addicks midfielder Aaron Henry, who is on loan at Crawley, is ineligible for Tuesday's tie and the hosts are also expected to be without defensive duo Dion Conroy (calf) and Kellan Gordon (hamstring).

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cup-preview-crawley-town-v-charlton

At least there is an update (sort off) on Fraser
    Me and a few from work are going to the railway
    So trainspotting instead of watching the match?

#propercharlton
  • Sponsored links:

• hope we win for the fans travelling but this cup is proper tinpot and the sooner we are out of it the better 
  • edited September 2023
    Could we well see our first Fijian for the Addicks?

Least Chem Campbell isnt actually injured.
  • Could we well see our first Fijian for the Addicks?

Who will that be?
  • Amazed we're starting Leaburn, hope another lower league clogger doesn't upend him
  • Jac_52 said:
    Could we well see our first Fijian for the Addicks?

Who will that be?
    Josh Laqeretabua he's on the bench
  • The fans bar is great. Nice beer and good service.
  • Could we well see our first Fijian for the Addicks?

Looked like cramp more than anything on Saturday. 
  • Not going to make it nowm work has overrun. 
  • Sacked it off as didn’t trust my car to make it there and back!
  • Sacked it off as didn’t trust my car to make it there and back!
    Try changing the oil 
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:
    Best have a shower then mate.
  • Couple of lifers in that pic. Looks like a cracking turnout for this
  • I don't envy anyone making that walk back to the station after watching that pile of old dog wank.
  • Hate to add fun to anyone’s night on the way home, but currently power off and no trains at London Bridge due to trespassers on the line 
  • Couple of lifers in that pic. Looks like a cracking turnout for this
    Not sure what the announced turnout was for us but seemed pretty good. Shame about the result.
    Fair play to you all
    You deserved better

• Can just about make out my chin emerging from the shadows
  • edited September 2023
    Dobbo about to shoot near the end. He didn’t hit it cleanly and the keeper saved it at sum stretch. Should probably have scored. 

• JamesSeed said:
    Dobbo about to shoot near the end. He didn’t hit it cleanly and the keeper saved it at sum stretch. Should probably have scored. 

He was dead on his feet at that point…