Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crawley (a) 05/09/23

Comments

• 36 mins from Clapham Junction. Then an Uber? Considering it. Might even drive. 
  • I am going just to see the new signings in the flesh and tick a new ground.

Would anyone be interested in me doing a video for this for those not going?

I was planning on keeping it to league fixtures and proper cup games, but with it potentially being a few debuts for new players I am thinking it may be worth getting some footage
    Yes please mate.
    Rossman92 said:
    I am going just to see the new signings in the flesh and tick a new ground.

I was planning on keeping it to league fixtures and proper cup games, but with it potentially being a few debuts for new players I am thinking it may be worth getting some footage
    Always appreciate a game day vlog due to following from afar so yes please!
    Alright gents 

• Now listed on Charlton TV as being streamed for a fee of £10.
  • Will probably buy the stream to look at the new signings if we play them. Will probably wait to buy until I see the team. If the startig team loses my interest I'll go to the quiz at our local.
  • Carry on down to the coast, make an evening of it and catch welling at Worthing :smile:
  • Anyone looking for a pub before the match? I work in  Crawley and the railway isn’t a bad pub, about a 20min walk to the ground.
  • Not going to be able to make it 
    Should be easy enough game for us ,& a good chance to give the new lads a run out going for a easy 4-0 win the the mighty CAFC
    COYR  B)
  • Expect a line up like this potentially:

Isted

T.Watson (lol)  Ness  Abankwah  Thomas

Taylor  L.Watson Anderson

Kanu  Tedic  Kirk

With lots of kids on the bench.
  • Think Abankwah is on Ireland U21 duty so could be Deji and Ness at CB
  • Sponsored links:

• Thomas is also away, so we're actually missing 3 defenders 
  • I am going just to see the new signings in the flesh and tick a new ground.

YES! 
  •                                 Isted

T.Watson    Elerewe    Ness    Roddy/Chin

T.Campbell   Taylor    L.Watson    Kirk

Tedic      Kanu

Think that covers the competition regs. Isted and T.Campbell started last game, Tedic and L.Watson on loan from PL sides. 
  • Anyone looking for a pub before the match? I work in  Crawley and the railway isn’t a bad pub, about a 20min walk to the ground.
    Where would be the best place to park near the ground ? Cheers
  • JamesSeed said:
    36 mins from Clapham Junction. Than an Uber? Considering it. Might even drive. 
    You can’t move for cabs outside three bridges station 
  • Players being called up must surely "count' as part of the chosen team for the regs. We can't pick Hector or Thomas 
  • I would play Jones tonight because his feet are not yet comfortably under the Charlton table. He can have a rest tomorrow.
  • I went to a pub near to the K2/ground when I went to watch the English Open Snooker a couple of years ago, it was called The Downsman.
    It was a bit unusual at it was run by an Indian family (personally I had never seen this before)
    The pub grub menu was an Indian restaurant menu, the food was very good if you like that kind of cuisine. 
  • TEAM NEWS

Internationals Ashley Maynard-Brewer (Australia), James Abankwah (Republic of Ireland U21s) and Terell Thomas (St Lucia) are unavailable having now linked up with their respective countries, while Panutche Camará (foot) and Chuks Aneke (calf) will be assessed.

Conor McGrandles (knee) is set to miss the game with an injury sustained in training.

Meanwhile, Scott Fraser (calf) continues to make good progress in his recovery after picking up an issue in Charlton's opening-day win against Leyton Orient. 

Addicks midfielder Aaron Henry, who is on loan at Crawley, is ineligible for Tuesday's tie and the hosts are also expected to be without defensive duo Dion Conroy (calf) and Kellan Gordon (hamstring).

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cup-preview-crawley-town-v-charlton

• Sponsored links:

• Assessed no less.
  • Going by car, so visiting Nymans Gardens and then on to the Brewery Shades pub on Crawley High St. No real idea what it’s like but should have some decent beer, as it won the local CAMRA pub of the year for 2022 and 2023
  • OS does not mention Hector as being on international duty, but I thought he was
  • Blucher said:
    Going by car, so visiting Nymans Gardens and then on to the Brewery Shades pub on Crawley High St. No real idea what it’s like but should have some decent beer, as it won the local CAMRA pub of the year for 2022 and 2023
    I'm in Brighton at the moment. And very hot!
  • ‘Chuks Aneke (calf) will be assessed.’

He’s alive????
    And if by some miracle he’s actually fit to do what he’s paid to do, then you can bet that next week it will be a hamstring/quad/groin injury keeping him out for months 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • ross1 said:
    OS does not mention Hector as being on international duty, but I thought he was
    he wasn't in his countries squad as posted on here the other day, maybe he's on standby which is quite apt for him.
  • ross1 said:
    OS does not mention Hector as being on international duty, but I thought he was
    he wasn't in his countries squad as posted on here the other day, maybe he's on standby which is quite apt for him.
    So at the time we postponed the game we didn't actually have three definite callups!
  • JamesSeed said:
    36 mins from Clapham Junction. Then an Uber? Considering it. Might even drive. 
    Great, more needless pollution.