Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crawley (a) 05/09/23

Me and the brother making the trip, cant see us selling out the 800 allocation atm.

Gonna go from Victoria as seems the cheapest, don't even think the club have put on a coach for this one.

Anyone else making the trip?

Comments

• Planning to do it but not booked anything yet. Think the club will do a coach if there's enough demand for one, you'd have to email tickets@cafc.co.uk to let them know.
  • Planning to do it but not booked anything yet. Think the club will do a coach if there's enough demand for one, you'd have to email tickets@cafc.co.uk to let them know.
    To be honest would only coach as a last resort, rather have a drink on train.
  • I've been to Crawleys ground a couple of times, so ,will give this a swerve , will it be on Charlton Tv , so we can see our new manager?
  • I'll be going. I imagine that a few will be going if they've never been to the ground before. It's an easy train trip.
  • I'll be there. I'm in Horsham so it's a short trip. 
  • We’re going along, as it’s a new ground for us. 

A long shot, but is there anything interesting to see or any decent pubs in Gareth Southgate’s old manor ? I’m guessing not.

Nymans Gardens is only a 7 minute drive but it’s £16 to get in unless you’re a National Trust members (which we’re not at present).
  • I’m going along with 8 others I have so far dragged along, office is in Crawley so easy walk to the ground
  • Me and my son going to tick off the ground. 

Driving there so I don’t spend lots of money and drink too much beer as it seems unnecessary for such a nothing game….
  • HandG said:
    Me and my son going to tick off the ground. 

Driving there so I don’t spend lots of money and drink too much beer as it seems unnecessary for such a nothing game….
    Could be a huge game with our new managers first game and 5 new signings all starting… 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

Considering the same. Must be mad 
  • I'm looking forward to the game now. A perfect chance to give game time to one or two of the new players, and give the likes of Leaburn and Taylor more minutes
  • Ground in the middle of nowhere. 25 minute walk from the station. Choice of just one pub on the way. Mickey Mouse competition.

Anyone going to this needs their bumps felt!
  • HandG said:

I find "too much beer" helps numb the pain at the moment  :D
    Have your beer outside the ground. Last time I went there on a hot summers day for a pre-season it was dry.
  • Redrobo said:
    HandG said:

I find "too much beer" helps numb the pain at the moment  :D
    Have your beer outside the ground. Last time I went there on a hot summers day for a pre-season it was dry.
    https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/broadfield-stadium-crawley-town.html

According to this, you can go in the fans bar "Redz Bar" before the game, but yes it does seem dry otherwise
  • Just checked the ground guide. Alcohol is not on Sale in the ground.
    Enjoy.
  • Only 20 minutes up the road from me so considering it
  • Redrobo said:
    Just checked the ground guide. Alcohol is not on Sale in the ground.
    Enjoy.
    Is it just me or is this on the rise? I don’t ever remember finding grounds that didn’t sell alcohol yet this is the second in a few months.
  • I am going just to see the new signings in the flesh and tick a new ground.

Would anyone be interested in me doing a video for this for those not going?

I was planning on keeping it to league fixtures and proper cup games, but with it potentially being a few debuts for new players I am thinking it may be worth getting some footage
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    Redrobo said:
    Just checked the ground guide. Alcohol is not on Sale in the ground.
    Enjoy.
    Is it just me or is this on the rise? I don’t ever remember finding grounds that didn’t sell alcohol yet this is the second in a few months.
    Scotland has a ban on all alcohol sales in football grounds.
  • Will will this game be on CTV
  • Will will this game be on CTV
    Hope so, Lancs.

But nothing on the Charlton TV link when I last looked this morning.
  • On the web site it lists Papa John's as  being streamed, now it is labelled the ELF trophy so ELF may not allow it.

I was planning on keeping it to league fixtures and proper cup games, but with it potentially being a few debuts for new players I am thinking it may be worth getting some footage
    Yes please mate.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    On the web site it lists Papa John's as  being streamed, now it is labelled the ELF trophy so ELF may not allow it.
    Yeah I don’t think you can stream the Elf Trophy but the Pixie Cup is usually streamed.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    On the web site it lists Papa John's as  being streamed, now it is labelled the ELF trophy so ELF may not allow it.

Always appreciate a game day vlog due to following from afar so yes please!