Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby World Cup 2023

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Possibly the worst Argentinian performance I've seen.

Looking at today's other games, both Romania and Georgia offered more of a challenge, IMHO.

It's important to get the win, though...
    Thanks for the last line NIA. Very kind. 

Scores would tell another story about Romania and Georgia, but never let that get in the way of a bit of good old-fashioned anti-English sentiment...  :D   

You forgot to mention Namiba are probably better than Argentina too.  
  • Options

Looking at today's other games, both Romania and Georgia offered more of a challenge, IMHO.

Scores would tell another story about Romania and Georgia, but never let that get in the way of a bit of good old-fashioned anti-English sentiment...  :D   

He didn’t say the other teams were better, only that they offered more of a challenge. Whilst that’s debatable, it’s not anti-English, it’s anti-Argentinian, who were truly shocking. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    We didn't just beat them we destroyed them
    & turned over to BBC 1after just in time for 
    Land & hope & Glory brilliant  B)
  • Options

He didn’t say the other teams were better, only that they offered more of a challenge. Whilst that’s debatable, it’s not anti-English, it’s anti-Argentinian, who were truly shocking. 
    A near eighty point defeat more of a challenge, AA? Really? 

That's just NIA bigging up Ireland...  ;):D
  • Options
    This Japan Vs Chile game is great. Not fantastic skill on show but super competitive and both sides just going for it. 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    We didn't just beat them we destroyed them
    & turned over to BBC 1after just in time for 
    Land & hope & Glory brilliant  B)
    Must have been a Tory boy dilemma last night, rugby v the last night of the Proms.
  • Options
    It could be just what England needed. A victory from adversity will harbour a real togetherness hopefully. It has been frustating watching England recently, a bit like Charlton, where if you gave them a gun you know they would shoot themselves in the foot with it. There was a lot of discipline and fight on show last night and definitely something to build on.
  • Options
    Just moving the sofa to hide behind it for the South Africa game. So frustrating that Scotland are playing so well and in a group with SA and Ireland!
  • Options

Let's just check you're not English.

No, good...  You can stay on lad!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just moving the sofa to hide behind it for the South Africa game. So frustrating that Scotland are playing so well and in a group with SA and Ireland!
    Yea a real tough group but Scotland are given SA a real good game 

• Options
    The South African head on head? Definitely - absolutely shocking!. I am really beginning to think the refereeing is not not a level playing field.

Not impressed with the commentator saying something along the lines of if you don't watch rugby regularly (yep, that's fine as many watching don't) but then says because you have better things to do! Not impressed with ITV's coverage, the consistency of the refereeing (and it isn't even in South Africa!) and most of the anthems
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The South African head on head? Definitely - absolutely shocking!. I am really beginning to think the refereeing is not not a level playing field.

Not impressed with the commentator saying something along the lines of if you don't watch rugby regularly (yep, that's fine as many watching don't) but then says because you have better things to do! Not impressed with ITV's coverage, the consistency of the refereeing (and it isn't even in South Africa!) and most of the anthems
    And the blatant no arms tackle by the Scot that was just a penalty.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:

Htf is that not a red?!
  • Options
    I think that's it for Scotland now SA
    Turning up the pressure 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

After the upgraded yellow to a red for Curry I wondered how the South Africans would keep 15 players on the field. After just a few minutes this happened and not even a yellow card. 

England should take the video of the above incident when they see the disciplinary committee with Tom Curry and ask why he was treated different to Kriel the springbok.

Bizarrely yesterday it was the catalyst for England to play well and Argentina going missing.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Finn Russell ran side on and hurt his ribs.
    I wouldn't call what Russell did a tackle !
    A penalty certainly.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    DRAddick said:

A penalty certainly.
    The TMO and the Ref described it as a no arms tackle when making their decision.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    DRAddick said:

A penalty certainly.
    The TMO and the Ref described it as a no arms tackle when making their decision.
    Not comparable to the South African head on - that wasn't even discussed as completely missed by the officials!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DRAddick said:
    DRAddick said:

A penalty certainly.
    Not comparable to the South African head on - that wasn't even discussed as completely missed by the officials!
    I wasn't comparing them. Just pointing out another bad decision.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:
    DRAddick said:
    DRAddick said:

A penalty certainly.
    I wasn't comparing them. Just pointing out another bad decision.
    Apologies, I was comparing them rather than responding to your comment as such
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

After the upgraded yellow to a red for Curry I wondered how the South Africans would keep 15 players on the field. After just a few minutes this happened and not even a yellow card. 

England should take the video of the above incident when they see the disciplinary committee with Tom Curry and ask why he was treated different to Kriel the springbok.

Bizarrely yesterday it was the catalyst for England to play well and Argentina going missing.
    Respectfully, I think England should accept whatever punishment is meted out for Curry's red card. 

But the RWC organisers absolutely must clarify why RSA kept fifteen on the park. It was a more blatant red than Curry's. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Respectfully, I think England should accept whatever punishment is meted out for Curry's red card. 

But the RWC organisers absolutely must clarify why RSA kept fifteen on the park. It was a more blatant red than Curry's. 
    Unusually I agree with you!

There is a distinct difference with how the players interact with the officials compared to football!

That said, I wasn't that impressed with the wording of today's ref at times
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

There is a distinct difference with how the players interact with the officials compared to football!

When he was talking to the two captains, he said he had been a good game of footie so far.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I agree with you Chizz.
    England will accept what ever punishment is handed out to Curry but clarification why the TMO and the 'guy in the Van' decided to make an example of Tom but let Kriel off Scott free.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

When he was talking to the two captains, he said he had been a good game of footie so far.
    Exactly and referred to a great tackle as ordinary
  • Options
    Despite my Grandad coming from a South Wales family I'm enjoying watching the open play of Fiji and both teams are playing an open game of rugby which is bringing tries. Defending is iffy.
    Plenty more points to come.
  • Options
    Despite my Grandad coming from a South Wales family I'm enjoying watching the open play of Fiji and both teams are playing an open game of rugby which is bringing tries. Defending is iffy.
    Plenty more points to come.
    I am not a big rugby fan but I am loving this world Cup 
    Anther top game between Wales & Fiji 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Dan Biggar going ape at George North for not kicking the ball out for HT.  Passion from Biggar.