Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford v Charlton - (the missing pre-)Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Missing match review a metaphor for Charltons season?
  • Options
    I am hopefully waiting for the blue touch paper to ignite. Maybe it will be today, maybe not. One thing is for sure, to be the team I want us to be and maybe we can be, the opposition shouldn't be too important whether they are in decent form, like Oxford, or not. 2-1 defeat or 2-0 victory.
  • Options
    No negativity here ..our performances aren't a reflection of our position..just have to do the basics and 3 points will be ours ..3-0 to us...."Addicks find the right CHEMistry" 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Holden talked of, “defensively what we look like when in possession of the ball” and “staying connected as a team”.
    Hoping to see some signs of it being worked on in the week, start to show up in action today as it’s been a real concern so far. 

No idea whether we’re going to proceed with a back 3 or 4, either way I’m hoping to see round pegs in round holes, improved fitness so the starters stay at it for longer and a better use with our subs off the bench!!

Win, lose, or draw I want to see our defence deal in 0’s or 1’s.
  • Options
    0 scored by us. Keep the score down to 1 or 2 and that probably isn't bad. Mehhh.
  • Options
    4-0 Oxford 
  • Options
    4-0 Oxford 
  • Options
    One thing we do know is that in order to get anything out of today we will need to score 2 or maybe 3 goals
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I'd be happy with a draw. Can't see us winning today.

It all starts and ends with the defensive performance. Still many questions to be asked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Curbs once said, first stop losing, then go on a winning run. Assume that means draw today then win next week and there after. Top 12 here we come 🥴
  • Options
    Holden talked of, “defensively what we look like when in possession of the ball” and “staying connected as a team”.
    Hoping to see some signs of it being worked on in the week, start to show up in action today as it’s been a real concern so far. 

No idea whether we’re going to proceed with a back 3 or 4, either way I’m hoping to see round pegs in round holes, improved fitness so the starters stay at it for longer and a better use with our subs off the bench!!

Win, lose, or draw I want to see our defence deal in 0’s or 1’s.
    They've had a week so train hard on defensive shape, no excuses for not being more solid today
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2023
    The bright new dawn recedes further into darkness from absent new owners on fruition of Methven’s emperor’s useless new clothes of a plan. 2-0 or 3-0 / 3-1 to Oxford. 
  • Options
    I know this is absolute heresy, on here,  but I didn’t wake up feeling fine, I woke up thinking why didn’t I support Man City!
  • Options
    We win this 0-0 with a masterclass defensive display.

Amb
     Asiimwe Hector Thomas Edun
          Dobson Taylor Anderson
                     Chem CBT
                           May

• Options
    Draw
  • Options
    My mate's beer shop/bar is having it's 7th birthday this week. I'm going there and will do my best to ignore the game. 
  • Options
    3-0.  
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Chunes said:
    I'd be happy with a draw. Can't see us winning today.

It all starts and ends with the defensive performance. Still many questions to be asked. 
    Mostly "why am I still supporting this fucking team?"
  • Options
    I’m quietly confident we’ll score a goal today. 
    But we’ll let more in. 
    3-1 Oxford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will fuck up!

3-0
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    great on CATV at the moment with open mike and camera with Scott doing the set up,sure they know camera is on!...Just been rumbled and told Scott live that it's all being broadcast...cock up time...😂
  • Options
    Goals conceded in the league so far - 0, 1, 2, 3.

Oxford to get 4 today?

I’ll take a point now.
  • Options
    Can't wait for addicks yo victory to start playing on Charlton TV........
  • Options
    1-3 to us
  • Options
    1-7. Hector with 4 and Jones 3. Campbell OG with theirs in the first minute.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    1-7. Hector with 4 and Jones 3. Campbell OG with theirs in the first minute.
    Sod the OG I make it 0-7...
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Tyreece Campbell back😍
  • Options
    Judging from previous results we should get battered. 

But these are often the games we turn up in and win. So 2-0 us. 
  • Options
    Deji starting. Only reason he didn’t start the season was because of his suspension.