Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stupid policing at Peterborough

Usual police scumbags  0
At the station delays the police forcing people onto a very slow train. They didn't take kindly to me saying there was a fast in few minutes. The station staff looking very sheepish. 
Fortunately I stood my ground and went for the fast train.
It was so ridiculous as the day had been friendly and no sign of bad will until these idiots tried to make some trouble 

Comments

• Options
    Interesting point of view princess, I did'n mention stupid.
  • Options
    Yes the police sometimes get that mindset that their job is to shove away fans on a train, ANY train, out of the station. I remember that happening after we played at West Brom in 2020.
  • Options
    Should have worn an orange tee shirt
  • Options
    Most policemen are like referees, not very good at anything so it’s the only chance they get to show how important they are and they get to dress up in a uniform.
  • Options
    Should think it was all about making the platform safe and not overcrowded by everyone waiting for the fast train, and possibly creating potential dangerous conditions, they could also have had forward notification that the incoming fast train was already full.
    I am not in any way in the know regarding any of this, just putting a possible slant on the other side of the argument, but just blaming someone else without any real insight of reason behind what happened doesn't really help...just saying🤷‍♂️

• Options
    cblock said:
    The average old bill are not very bright.
    The average not stupid but unfortunately some are
    Ok I disagree 'the average old bill is not very bright' but I agree a small minority are 'not very bright'
  • Options
    Was it British Transport Police or local?
  • Options
    Should think it was all about making the platform safe and not overcrowded by everyone waiting for the fast train, and possibly creating potential dangerous conditions, they could also have had forward notification that the incoming fast train was already full.
    I am not in any way in the know regarding any of this, just putting a possible slant on the other side of the argument, but just blaming someone else without any real insight of reason behind what happened doesn't really help...just saying🤷‍♂️

Not true. They had people standing on the slow train. Plenty of free seats on the fast one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The proportion of coked up idiots in the away end was high today, annoyingly. 
  • Options
    redman said:

Not true. They had people standing on the slow train. Plenty of free seats on the fast one

Fair enough, I never said anything was fact, just an idea...anyway hope you got home safe eventually..
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    cafctom said:
    A novel new approach to watching a season of L1 mediocrity, where the best we can hope for according to this thread is to play "ok" against Peterborough fucking United...
  • Options
    There does seem to be a general lack of consistency / leadership in what exactly the police should do in this sort of situation.

For a while, the police seemed obsessed with locking the gates at Charlton station so the trains left more than half empty while crowds of "mixed" supporters were crushed together outside the station. 

This is the compete opposite approach - forcing fans on to trains that do not go where they want to go. Never seen this at Charlton!

Once, in Oldham, I was waiting for a bus and the police were trying to force me and other supporters on to a bus we did not have valid tickets for. But the driver was refusing to let us on! We all got there in the end though!

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Some bloke came charging down the steps against the leaving crowd to tell the players how highly he thought of them. It was a dickheads day out.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    PopIcon said:
    cafctom said:
    Some bloke came charging down the steps against the leaving crowd to tell the players how highly he thought of them. It was a dickheads day out.

Some people are fed up with this division and want to get out of it. If we carry on like this we will be here for ever. To be honest we wouldn't have scored if we had played all day...

• Options
    cafctom said:
    I went to the Newport game, pre match beers, went to the loo. A couple of Charlton fans came into the Gents after me. After greeting each other, each ask if they had any gear of them. Both replied no, they thought the other would.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the subject of fan reaction after games.What about the fans applauding the team off after the abject display at Ipswich last season. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Oh well, there’s always next season to look forward too.

• Options
    I took a later train back to London, and arriving back at St Pancras at 9:20 there were a couple of Charlton fans leaving the train and walking through the station still singing. A bit weird after a 1-0 defeat!

More annoying was meeting Palace fans, arriving back from Sheffield...
  • Options
    maybe just maybe some fans are sick to death of the same shit every season , I know I am .
    4 seasons in 74 years in the third tier , followed by 10 seasons in 15 in the third tier when our nearest and dearest are in their best ever footballing period we’re in our worst and also on the back of having had a brilliant period pre this run of utter fucking shit .

If it was that easy, everyone would be promoted......except that can't happen. I'm sure fans of all clubs think similar, but promotion isn't guaranteed
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    PopIcon said:
    cafctom said:

Some people are fed up with this division and want to get out of it. If we carry on like this we will be here for ever. To be honest we wouldn't have scored if we had played all day...

We all want Charlton out of this league. Pushing others out the way to vent spleen isn't helpful, in fact it's downright dangerous.

There were others too, the manbaby who wiped out the entire shelf on the concourse.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I went to the Newport game, pre match beers, went to the loo. A couple of Charlton fans came into the Gents after me. After greeting each other, each ask if they had any gear of them. Both replied no, they thought the other would.
    And what does that involve exactly? Just asking for a friend