Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Peterborough United Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 12th August 2023 : KO 3:00 Pm

Comments

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    I fucking hate Peterborough
    I remember the 5-1 mauling we gave them in our promotion season. Since then we've gone there & just rolled over and had our tummies ticked. 
  • Options
    Hopefully whoever interviews Holden, will ask why we haven't ironed out these defensive lapses from last season?
  • Options
    No problem with Kirk some decent corners. Biggest issue is how wasteful we are in front of goal. 

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Rossman92 said:
    I remember the 5-1 mauling we gave them in our promotion season. Since then we've gone there & just rolled over and had our tummies ticked. 
    But we didn’t do that today mate! It was fairly even first half until we teed them up for 0-1 and we gave it good go second half.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Rossman92 said:
    Parky was manager when we beat them 5-1 so even before our promotion season! Agree we've been second best there ever since.
  • Options
    Six yellow cards each including both managers
  • Options

Mid table at best. 
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    George has done well, the side didn’t play that badly.  A 1-0 to Peterborough isn’t the end of the world, but we need a cutting edge and 2/3 more players. Don’t want to pile on Kirk but he is to fast, inventive attacking football what WD40 is to ice cream.
    Oh come on, even mentioning Kirk after that is wrong, he played like 10 minutes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully whoever interviews Holden, will ask why we haven't ironed out these defensive lapses from last season?
    And what the fuck we in training with set pieces
  • Options
    Might be a little too soon for Anderson, not fully sold on Holden yet either 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    ro_addick said:

Mid table at best. 
    Yep the table doesn’t lie but I’d be disappointed if we’re still there after 10 games with some more player movements 😉
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    George has done well, the side didn’t play that badly.  A 1-0 to Peterborough isn’t the end of the world, but we need a cutting edge and 2/3 more players. Don’t want to pile on Kirk but he is to fast, inventive attacking football what WD40 is to ice cream.
    He came on for what, like 10 mins? 

A lot more players than just Kirk to pick on today. 
    He’s played other games mate. And if you read the rest of my post I am not piling on anyone, I said it’s not the end of the world.  However if you’re a Kirk fan, I’m sorry you are upset.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    I hope Methven was there watching that, and reporting back to the other owners.
    Some serious squad-strengthening needed.

Marc Boyan was definitely at the game
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    Oh well, off to the biscuits thread!
    Nice
  • Options
    Is this called promotion form?..little chance on the evidence of this outing. It's about scoring goals, clean sheets...and yes, winning. Clearly nothing doing. Here we go again.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Leuth said:
    Sounds like we did okay, and that this was the inevitable product of having one fit senior striker? 
    Basically. It was a very even game decided by one mistake at the back by Camara/Thomas.

Was a classic 0-0, or even 1-1, if it was anyone other than Charlton. Can completely understand why Peterborough fans aren’t sure if they’re decent.
  • Options
    RoanRedNY said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    He came on for what, like 10 mins? 

A lot more players than just Kirk to pick on today. 
    He’s played other games mate. And if you read the rest of my post I am not piling on anyone, I said it’s not the end of the world.  However if you’re a Kirk fan, I’m sorry you are upset.
    After today I would look at the likes of Payne, Jones, Asiimwe, Anderson. Or why Hector is being left out altogether. 

Want Kirk to leave as well, just didn't understand the comment when he did nothing too wrong in his cameo.  
  • Options
    Incredibly frustrating we're going into another L1 season underprepared, under resourced and another squad not good enough to get promoted 
  • Options
    We did ok but this squad is woefully short.
    Yes yes we’re going to sign good players Dean.  

Well f’ing get on with it else this is another mid table season. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sounds like we did okay, and that this was the inevitable product of having one fit senior striker? 
    Spot on
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    OK losing...doesn't grab promotion. Results...goals, clean sheets...and winning.
  • Options
    Argh! We lost a game! Having held our own away against one of the promotion contenders, and making a stupid mistake. Holden out! Squad all out, especially the injured ones! 

Serious pant-wetting going on here. 

Let's finish off this transfer window by adding 3 class players, including the desperately needed 2nd striker, and we'll be there or thereabouts. 
  • Options
    ro_addick said:
    Leuth said:
    OK losing...doesn't grab promotion. Results...goals, clean sheets...and winning.
    Nobody is denying that and we all know we need signings to have any chance of promotion.
  • Options

Lots of issues still carrying over from last season (and going back even further than that). Bit of a lack of creativity and cutting edge up front, nothing on the bench to change it up with, and still look dodgy defending set pieces.

Not surprising, we know we’re a work in progress, but I’m a bit disappointed there hasn’t been more improvement over the summer. We still look short in all areas to me, except, probably, goal keeper, be that needing better for the first XI or improved squad depth.

It was at least a more spirited effort at a comeback than we’ve become used to seeing, not that that is hard, but it was still ultimately unsuccessful. Yes, we had chances second half but, really, May’s one chance was the only time we opened a clear sight on goal and forced a save. CBT had some decent shots, we got into a couple of good areas, but final ball/shot came up short every time. Just the same as so often happened last season.

Someone on the match thread said we don’t look season ready and I think that’s very accurate. We had decent results in preseason but it felt disjointed, short, we didn’t play many matches, and most of our new signings barely played. We do look under baked right now. 

Season will be defined by the next couple of weeks of transfer activity. Get that right and we have a chance, fail to make the changes to the squad we need, with sufficient quality, and it’ll be mid table again. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!