Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your top three favourite Charlton players

Comments

• Options
    Hales
    Simon Webster
    John Humphrey
  • Options
    Killer
    Powell
    Clive
  • Options
    Tough one! Beyond the very obvious:

- Martin Robinson
    - Paul Mortimer
    - Dennis Rommedahl

(I'm ducking...)
  • Options
    Sir Cive
    Shirtliff
    Humphrey
  • Options
    Killer
    Clive
    Nelson
  • Options
    Kins------ Surely has to be the best ?
    Rufus------"couldhave been a real contender"
    Powel------The Three Lions , enough said.

If only if only if only Rufus,Kinsella and Mendoncs had managed to carry on a bit longer (jeffers-Traore--Faye dont know how God dam lucky those wasters are)
  • Options
    Bob Bolder,
    Dean Kiely,
    Sasa Illic.

guess what possition i play. he he. I have one of bob bolders gloves that he gave me when i was a kid at sellhurst its my cheerished piece of memrobilla.
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn - proper ledge, loved his chest flick ons.
    Garry Nelson - Work ethic immense
    Mark Kinsella - Best midfielder I have seen play for the club, cappo fantastic.
  • Options
    kevin smith
    terry bullivant
    les berry
  • Options
    Nolly mate , when you was boxing did you ever duck ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol,i told you my brother was better
  • Options
    Killer
    Kins
    Sir Chris
  • Options
    Kiely
    Mendonca
    Powell

There so many more though
  • Options
    Kinsella
    Rufus
    Super Clive
  • Options
    Parker - Lived round the corner from me, used to play football with him over the park, was always a tad older than me but to see him go on to play at such a high standard for my team was immense.
    Powell - Probably the last player to epitomise what Charlton is all about for me.
    Rufus - Just pure class, really he should have been at one of the top 4 in my eyes. Amazing player.

Kinsella, Super Clive and Deano all unlucky to miss the the grade.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Garry Nelson. I know he wasnt the best but he always seemed to me that he wanted to play for us. Scored enough to win me a few quid quite regular and i stalked him for years, I even got a picture of him me and my little boy this season

John Humphrey. The best full back i ever saw thought he was fantastic when he started to run

Richard Rufus. Words can not express how much i loved the Roof what a player what a man

Top bump this one realy got me thinking
  • Options
    Chris Powell
    Mark Kinsella
    Colin Walsh

Very, very difficult to choose just three. Honourable mentions go to:

Nicky Johns
    Clive Mendonca
    Jim Melrose
    Richard Rufus
    John Humphrey
    Andy Hunt
    Mark Reid
    Leroy Ambrose (duh)
    Peter Shirtliff
    and, of course, the legend that is John Robinson
  • Options
    Humphrey
    Hales
    Shritliff
  • Options
    Peter Reeves

Derek Hales

Colin Powell
  • Options
    Ray Tracey
    Derek Hales
    Paul Mortimer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paul Mortimer
    Steve Brown
    Mark Kinsella
  • Options
    So difficult to pick just three.
    Sir Clive. For giving me the best football day out of my life.
    Mark Kinsella. Great driving force,passion and loyalty.
    Richard Rufus. Fantastic .Fast and always came out on top

But I have to say I loved watching Halesy , Morts, Parker ,Johnny H etc etc.
  • Options
    Graham Tutt - A disgusting Injury up at Sunderland ended the keepers career.
    Allan Simonson - best player I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt
    Jorge Costa - A truly class defender who raised the game of other around him.
  • Options
    Matt Tees
    Paul Walsh
    Richard Rufus
  • Options
    That's hard. Just three? Ok here goes:

Colin Powell - loved him as a kid. He was from a bygone age, an age where he used to always come over to the East Terrace at the start of a half and chat with the fans and would continue the conversation after the whistle had gone. And absolute Addick through and through

Super Clive - It is very rare as a Charlton fan that you think you are going to score but every time this bloke got the ball in and around the box, I truly did believe he would. And that Wembley day still sends chivers down my spine.

The Roof - Class as a player and as a man.
  • Options
    Hello to everyone, new on here is what I am.

Jim Melrose - 17 goals in our first season back in top division for 29 years fantastic headers in the play offs against Ipswich & Leeds

Paul Williams - 17 goals in debut season again in old division 1

Robert Lee - Quality player obviously all went wrong for him after he left us

Would have put myself in the fans did pay for me after all
  • Options
    Paul Walsh (Its always dismays me that he is such an arse and seems to have no time for Charlton)
    Robert Lee
    Chris Powell
  • Options
    This thread is classic, great to see how everyones opinions differ - would be nice to see how the selections are affected by the time periods that we've all followed the boys.

For me - and this is a terribly hard choice

Kinsella - Best midfielder of our era - imagine him and parker in the same midfield at the tops of their games. Kinsella to me was the backbone of our rise up to the premier league - he had a edge to him, quality but never affraid to rough it if needed - an amazing leader, and even better he loves our club

Mendonca / Hunt - To hard to seperate - Both had different qualities and both were underated by the media. Fantastic 110% pros. Its nice when you can say that they probably played the best football of their careers in the red shirt and gave us wonderful memories along the way. An if they would have been at the top of their game together in the same side (which they would have been barring clives injury problems) i think we would have seen the best striking partnership since Hales and Flash.

Rufus - Legend. Enough said.

Bubbling under - Jensen, Claus had superior ability - wasted talent - should have been better but was still top quality. David Whyte, Say waht you want about him but for me as a teenager watching my team he was the most exciting player to watch, on form almost unplayable - great skills what a waste!
    Mark Reid, Again absolutely rock solid and underated - if only we had him in our defence now - scored a few pens too!
  • Options
    Top three I can't even work out my top 20
  • Options
    I can't give just 3 I'm afraid. I'd have to say, and this is in no particular order:

Saša Ilić - For the Pen save
    Clive Mendonca - For the hat trick
    Richard Rufus - For spending his entire career at the Valley, all the vital tackles he made and that first memorable senior goal of his!
    Chris Powell - For being such a loyal servant to the club and an absolute living legend
    Paulo Di Canio - For the entertainment value