Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Firmani

13»

Comments

• Options
    HarpoLes said:
    GeoffB said:
    In that 68/69 season the late Ray Treacy scored one of  the all time great Charlton goals. Against Clough’s Derby team as well. We won 2-0 and the day before beat Middlesbrough 4-1 both at the Valley - looked like promotion but Palace foiled us - all my family gutted.
    It was Millwall that “robbed” us more than Palace. They did the double over us, but lost twice to the Glaziers. I’ve never liked that lot from the (New) Den. 😁
    We robbed ourselves, too many drawn games 8 at home I think. At Selhurst (when a couple of thousand supporters walked from the Valley) we drew 3-3 after being 2-0 up, Derby away, cracking game we hit the woodwork 4 times & lost 2-1. Happy memories but we should have done better.
    I agree - we should have gone up that year but for too many unforced errors. I remember the last game of the season against Preston as if it was yesterday - summed up the season for me, we lost 1-0 but both Harry Gregory and Bob Curtis missed penalties.