Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newport County v Charlton Athletic | EFL Cup | Tuesday 8 August 2023 - 19.30 | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-dean-holden-outlines-team-selection-plans-for-efl-cup-clash-at-newport/

Sounds like rotation but maybe not 11 changes , would expect Camara and Edun to start from the sounds of Dean's comments. 
    Bloody journo's......

"... Dobson's 45 minute strike....."

He didn't "strike' it. He bundled it over from about 3 yards out.

A "strike" is a shot.......usually powerful & usually from distance - well, at least from more than a few yards out.

Aaaargghhhh....
    He was obviously in the beer queue.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-dean-holden-outlines-team-selection-plans-for-efl-cup-clash-at-newport/

Sounds like rotation but maybe not 11 changes , would expect Camara and Edun to start from the sounds of Dean's comments. 
    Bloody journo's......

A "strike" is a shot.......usually powerful & usually from distance - well, at least from more than a few yards out.

Aaaargghhhh....
    AI reporting ?
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Bloody journo's......

Aaaargghhhh....
    AI reporting ?
    Al Nixon
  • Options
                     Isted

Mitchell Hector Deji

Egbo  Camara Mcgrandles Payne Edun

Kirk    Kanu

That is how I would line up, gives a few needing minutes to get up to speed and fringe players the chance to prove what they can do without the need to risk too many first teamers.
    I would go pretty similar I think.. Still a strong enough side to do a job. Maybe Taylor instead of McGrandles. May not risk Camara on this one.
  • Options
    Is Terry Taylor anywhere near being fit ?

That is for the ITK's at Sparrows lane. 
  • Options
    Deji suspended
  • Options
    will be amazed if May doesn't start.....don't want him to, but I suspect Dean will go pretty strong with regards to the starting XI
  • Options
    Be interesting to see if DH wants to keep consistency with 3-5-2 or because of the lack of strikers (assuming May is benched for this) he tries a 4-3-3. I think it’s been mentioned that we switch to it on the attack so could just go all out and maybe switch later to see the game out. Win or lose its minutes for some players who need it 
  • Options
    For the thirsty traveller, I’d recommend Tiny Rebel, 22 High Street, Newport - pretty near the station and the stadium and - more to the point - £3 a pint. Most acceptable 
  • Options
    Just paid £5.20 for a pint in the Cardiff one (still a lot cheaper than London). Will head over for my next one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blucher said:
    For the thirsty traveller, I’d recommend Tiny Rebel, 22 High Street, Newport - pretty near the station and the stadium and - more to the point - £3 a pint. Most acceptable 

Oh we're in the spoons. Might head there next. Tidy.
  • Options
    When will first chant of sheep shaggers come from the Charlton fans? I'm guessing the 5th minute.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    shirty5 said:
    New ground syndrome so around a thousand travelling from London for this one. 

An interesting city is Newport especially in the centre. Much like Wrexham based on my trips to both places over the last few years 
    Not been to the new ground yet, but did go to Newport's old Somerton Park ground in 1980-81 in our Third Division promotion season, managed by Mike Bailey.
    Memory a bit hazy now, but I'm sure I remember Paddy Powell scoring our winner, 2-1.

Edit: Just seen your post now @Cardinal Sin
  • Options
    I'm guessing ESPN won't be broadcasting the game this evening? Seem to remember in the past they stream loads of the league cup games
  • Options
    Visited the Roman ruins of Caerleon, now time to hit Newport's sights and pubs...
    Very good , as Roman ruins in Britain go
  • Options
    I'm guessing ESPN won't be broadcasting the game this evening? Seem to remember in the past they stream loads of the league cup games
    Unfortunately not, they’ve only got the one game tonight.

Wrexham v Wigan, of course.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Looks like Hull v Donny tonight as well and Burton v Leicester tomorrow https://www.espn.com/soccer/schedule/_/league/eng.league_cup
  • Options
    So....when will the highlights go up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Visited the Roman ruins of Caerleon, now time to hit Newport's sights and pubs...
    Very good , as Roman ruins in Britain go
    Enjoyed the Roman Baths. The museum, amphitheatre and barracks are worth a wander too.
  • Options
    So....when will the highlights go up?
    On terrestrial tomorrow 11.00pm ITV 4 all matches.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    This lot saying they have a stream...lots of clickbait...might just be a gimic to get you to click thru...but will give it a try: https://hesgoals.to/soccer/schedule.  Have watched stuff on the site before.  Sometimes buffers a bit but better than nothing if it works at all!
  • Options
    Pre-match dinner in the Shoboraj curry house: no Tiny Rebel unfortunately (just Kingfisher) but I’m visiting the brewery tomorrow.
  • Options
    Anyone know if there's an iptv link to watch this?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Newport isn't a county
    But it used to be a County Borough.
  • Options

Charlton: Isted; Mitchell, Ness, Hector (c); Chin, McGrandles, Payne, Camará, Edun; Kanu, Kirk

Substitutes: Maynard-Brewer, Egbo, Thomas, Dobson, Taylor, Anderson, Blackett-Taylor, Campbell, May