Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New post match celebration

13»

Comments

• Options
    There’s been a lot of disconnect between the squad and the stands in recent years.

It’s something Holden has smartly identified and is trying to rectify as quickly as possible. I think it’s very smart management.

It may feel a bit forced after a ground out 1-0 win but at the same time, I do wonder if we’re all just a lot more cynical than we were a few seasons ago.
  • Options
    That’s like when the England cricket team line up with Duckett stood between Broad and Crawley, sure they do it on purpose.
  • Options
    There was a real buzz there yesterday and a real connection with us - They can dance a conga backwards to celebrate a win as far as I’m concerned - I just hope we see it after every game!
  • Options
    Cringe, please don’t do it again
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Don’t mind it. We won and it’s all about connecting with the fans. Something we haven’t had with a squad since Bowyer.

Connecting with fans isn't something you can just switch on like that, or with social media videos of the players and manager saying how much they appreciate the fans, it's something you earn over the course of a season
    Who mentioned switching it on?

It’s gotta start somewhere and they did enough hard graft in the game to be given the opportunity to raise their hands to the CE.

People going on like we had an open top bus or something 🤣 
  • Options
    was it just the Covered End they did it in front of and will those in the East and West still be ‘disconnected’? 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    I wouldn’t say it’s cringe, just maybe a bit cheesy. And I don’t mind that tbh - being a football fan is all about that at times.

Ever stopped to think that to many people outside of football fandom it might seem a bit weird to get together on a Saturday afternoon and sing songs in unison about young players as if they are messiahs? Or to celebrate like you’ve won the lottery because you’ve scored a goal against a 3rd division team? 

The attempted VFR thing pre match was cringe though - largely because nobody joined in. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Put a shift in and if you can win more games than you lose that will connect me to this squad rather than the Hokey Cokey post match. Still whatever floats your boat I suppose 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    National Lottery ring Charlton fan "mate you just won £5.6 M !" ......... Charlton fan "bollxx it was £6.2M last week".  Can we not just enjoy this new dawn and slowly and surely get our club back!! 
  • Options
    Feel good factor been missing for a few seasons now. It’s not just on the pitch where that needs to change. The stands make a huge difference to the players and getting us back to the days of one club on and off the pitch are integral to what comes next. Clever management. Having a group of players that the fans relate to is so important. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Put a shift in and if you can win more games then you lose that will connect me to this squad rather than the Hokey Cokey post match. Still whatever floats your boat I suppose 
    If they beat Bristol Rovers they are going to do a cover of ‘The Boys to entertain you’ by the cast off  It Ain’t half hot mum. 

• Options
    We seem to have a bunch of fans who cringe at anything and go around all day in a permanent state of embarrassment. Frankly, I find that embarrassing. Cringe. 😉
  • Options
    Maybe Morris Dancing if we draw. That would gee the players up.
  • Options
    Bonding between fans & players, all good surely?