Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New post match celebration

Comments

• Options
    And what was that group huddle about when we won our first corner, bizarre, plus I think someone was booked because of it
  • Options
    Not a fan. Would tolerate it if it was later in the season and we had just beaten say Derby or Bolton to go top of the league, but Orient on the first game of the season? No thanks.
  • Options
    And what was that group huddle about when we won our first corner, bizarre, plus I think someone was booked because of it
    Fraser with the booking 
  • Options
    Good for away games to show appreciation to the fans. Not so sure at home.
  • Options
    Stuttgart did it earlier when they won a friendly. We're on trend 
  • Options
    100% record. Haven't conceded a goal all season. As long as those two stats stay the same, I'll be happy if they're still doing the celebration in April
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember pissing myself laughing to my mates at work who are Liverpool fans when they did this. Can't wait for working Monday :/. It's not for me no. I like the close up videos of them walking to the covered end etc and the tunnel jump. But I don't know about this... 
  • Options
    A firm handshake with the opposition, then off for a communal bath (anyone seen the soap?).

That's all that is needed...

• Options

Thoughts?

Embarrassing, we shouldn’t be celebrating a win against Orient? Or a good way to build a connection between players and fans?
    It wasn't very well choreographed , i agree , but i have no problem with it . Also we should celebrate any league win regardless of the opposition. 
  • Options
    Don’t mind it. We won and it’s all about connecting with the fans. Something we haven’t had with a squad since Bowyer.

Connecting with fans isn't something you can just switch on like that, or with social media videos of the players and manager saying how much they appreciate the fans, it's something you earn over the course of a season
  • Options
    Stuttgart did it earlier when they won a friendly. We're on trend 
    A lot of teams in the Bundesliga do this, in particular Schalke 04.
  • Options
    Don’t really see the problem with it. Good to have the players and supporters engaging. Think it’s particularly good for the younger players. 
  • Options
    I don’t like it. The last time I was at a game where this was done was St Truiden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sometimes people can’t get out of their own way.
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    If Palace did that we would be taking the piss out of them.
    If palace done that after winning at Man City I’d think pathetic 

if we win promotion or go out of the papa Johns   yep I’m all for it 

but beating the O’s at home first game of our 4th consecutive league season in the third tier , fuck off 

connect with the fans , just win games and get promotion out of this shithouse and I’ll connect with anyone 
  • Options
    Embarrassing is being a club who steals its history and then trades off it. Celebrating with your fans is about as far away from embarrassing you can get 
  • Options
    Save it for when we’ve clinched promotion 
  • Options
    If the players and Holden want to celebrate like that and Holden thinks it will add even 1% positivity, team spirit or anything else, then personally I'm more than happy for them to incorporate that into the post game after a win.