Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlie Methven: Global Football Partners have no plans to ‘flip’ Charlton Athletic

Comments

• Good to hear the voice behind the purple trousers i suppose.
    Have we had our purple patch yet?
  • Owners should be seen and not heard. 😉
  • Scoham said:
    Interesting he said when they bought the club revenue was around £9.7m per year, for this year they’re forecasting £13.5m.
    Forecasted. Once the money is in the tin this can be looked at properly 
  • Yann897 said:
    Thought it was a very interesting listen.
    Agreed.
  • Hal1x said:
    Glovepup said:
    Yann897 said:
    Agreed.
    even my missus who cares less than nothing about Charlton said "he seems to be talking a lot of sense, who is he?".
    I have to agree with her - i'm impressed every time i listen to him. I'm sure Airman will question the £4m increase in revenue but be interesting to know how many season tickets we sold in the end - anybody know?    
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Interesting he said when they bought the club revenue was around £9.7m per year, for this year they’re forecasting £13.5m.
    To add to that he believes our playing budget is the 4th biggest in the league and first team wage budget is £5-7m.
  • He speaks very well does Charlie. Enjoyed that podcast. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Hal1x said:
    Glovepup said:
    Yann897 said:
    Agreed.
    even my missus who cares less than nothing about Charlton said "he seems to be talking a lot of sense, who is he?".
    I have to agree with her - i'm impressed every time i listen to him. I'm sure Airman will question the £4m increase in revenue but be interesting to know how many season tickets we sold in the end - anybody know?    
    The only way the (non transfer) revenue could increase 40% in 12 months is via changes in central funding. The season ticket sale of circa 8,000 could have been predicted to within a few hundred in April. It’s par.

I don’t dispute that Sandgaard and predecessors were so useless that modest gains are possible, but look around you. No way is club controllable revenue going to be up 40%, but perhaps we’re not the audience he’s trying to persuade that’s likely.
    I guess the new TV deal is a decent chunk of change and there has definitely been some more sponsorship activity. I agree that it seems hard to get to the 40% even if you include transfer revenue which I suspect he is
  • edited August 28
    fenaddick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Hal1x said:
    Glovepup said:
    Yann897 said:
    Agreed.
    The only way the (non transfer) revenue could increase 40% in 12 months is via changes in central funding. The season ticket sale of circa 8,000 could have been predicted to within a few hundred in April. It’s par.

I don’t dispute that Sandgaard and predecessors were so useless that modest gains are possible, but look around you. No way is club controllable revenue going to be up 40%, but perhaps we’re not the audience he’s trying to persuade that’s likely.
    I guess the new TV deal is a decent chunk of change and there has definitely been some more sponsorship activity. I agree that it seems hard to get to the 40% even if you include transfer revenue which I suspect he is
    Any comparison including transfers is meaningless and to be fair I’m sure Methven recognises that and is talking about operating revenue. 

I don’t think it’s a full explanation but if you bring retail in-house then all the sales become revenue, which increases the headline figure, but you also take on the costs so it’s not a straightforward gain. It’s the margin that matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Hal1x said:
    Glovepup said:
    Yann897 said:
    Agreed.

Are you hinting at new investors or flipping the club? 
  • He posted on X implying that supporters can't grasp the reason why Alfie May was sold. I responded calling him a patronising cnut. Then his post disappeared. 
    He doesn’t have an account on there does he?
  • He posted on X implying that supporters can't grasp the reason why Alfie May was sold. I responded calling him a patronising cnut. Then his post disappeared. 
    Some supporters Cant, what he saying thats not true. 
    I didn't say he said something that wasn't true. He was attacking supporters who didn't want May sold saying they didn't understand that he was sold to free up funds. 
  • He's not on X