Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic Pre-Season Friendly 25/7/2023 Match (& post p14) Thread

Comments

• Options
    Just wanted to share this pic of the numpty who got nicked. Don’t think he likes us very much. 

Holy shit. What a whopper.

On a side note, I can spot Woody Harrelson, one of the Bee-Gees, Uncle Fester and Charles Bronson in that picture.
    …..and Elton looking up at him all doe-eyed. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Just out of interest, how many fans there?
    Attendance: 7,143 (1,510)
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/25/report---millwall-v-charlton-athletic/
    Wow, that’s not bad for a preseason friendly.
    Decent from us but 5,633 is pretty poor from them. I was expecting a much bigger turnout from them in the first home game since their owner passed away.
    I think that’s a great turnout for a friendly game. It’s only a few years ago they weren’t getting that for league games. Begrudgingly, heir crowds have come on well since they’ve gone up to Championship and we’ve been stuck in L1 with shite ownerships. 
    The last time our average attendance was lower than last night’s attendance was the 97/98 season. So if you class a quarter of a century as a “few years” then you’re correct. 

The irony in a Millwall fan trying to play down years when you hold on to dear life about some record where we haven't beat you since 96 but only been in the same division as yous for 6 seasons out of a possible 36 seasons. 

Your crowds will dwindle again at some point, probably around the same time your fans are requesting the sack of one of your better managers in your history. The majority of your fans spend more time looking at blokes in another stand than actually watching the football.
    You okay?
    Absolutely fine mush, 

I watched my team of inexperienced youngsters play your near enough, full strength side off the pitch, meanwhile your fans threw bottles of fizzy drink and tried your best to pretend you don't care. One of your fans even didn't care so much he came on the Charlton match thread live to report how much he or his friends do not care. 

Jog on ya rotter 
    A simple 'no' would have been fine :wink:

I didn't care...until we equalised.
    He’s definitely not okay is he 😁
    I don't know what this is, you're both Millwall fans but post more on here than Millwall forums I can only imagine. I understand it's probably nice to interact with people that aren't knuckle draggers for a change, but there's no baiting me here I am afraid lads. 

I openly despise your club & fanbase, that doesn't fluctuate on football results (especially friendlies). I enjoyed the game, thought it was good practice for both sets of players
    I don't post on Millwall forums and make no secret of it.

There's no baiting going on here, but seems like plenty of biting :wink:

Keep smiling.
    I am simply replying, like I would to anyone on this forum who quotes me. If someone replies to you in the real world do you class that as biting..rather odd

I may smile if you keep winking at me tbf 
  • Options
    clive said:
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/25/report---millwall-v-charlton-athletic/
    Decent from us but 5,633 is pretty poor from them. I was expecting a much bigger turnout from them in the first home game since their owner passed away.
    I think that’s a great turnout for a friendly game. It’s only a few years ago they weren’t getting that for league games. Begrudgingly, heir crowds have come on well since they’ve gone up to Championship and we’ve been stuck in L1 with shite ownerships. 
    The last time our average attendance was lower than last night’s attendance was the 97/98 season. So if you class a quarter of a century as a “few years” then you’re correct. 

The irony in a Millwall fan trying to play down years when you hold on to dear life about some record where we haven't beat you since 96 but only been in the same division as yous for 6 seasons out of a possible 36 seasons. 

Your crowds will dwindle again at some point, probably around the same time your fans are requesting the sack of one of your better managers in your history. The majority of your fans spend more time looking at blokes in another stand than actually watching the football.
    You okay?
    Absolutely fine mush, 

I watched my team of inexperienced youngsters play your near enough, full strength side off the pitch, meanwhile your fans threw bottles of fizzy drink and tried your best to pretend you don't care. One of your fans even didn't care so much he came on the Charlton match thread live to report how much he or his friends do not care. 

Jog on ya rotter 
    A simple 'no' would have been fine :wink:

I didn't care...until we equalised.
    He’s definitely not okay is he 😁
    I don't know what this is, you're both Millwall fans but post more on here than Millwall forums I can only imagine. I understand it's probably nice to interact with people that aren't knuckle draggers for a change, but there's no baiting me here I am afraid lads. 

I openly despise your club & fanbase, that doesn't fluctuate on football results (especially friendlies). I enjoyed the game, thought it was good practice for both sets of players
    I don't post on Millwall forums and make no secret of it.

There's no baiting going on here, but seems like plenty of biting :wink:

Keep smiling.
    I am simply replying, like I would to anyone on this forum who quotes me. If someone replies to you in the real world do you class that as biting..rather odd

I may smile if you keep winking at me tbf 
    Only a biter would deny a bite
  • Options
    Just wanted to share this pic of the numpty who got nicked. Don’t think he likes us very much. 

Definitely one of ours next to his left foot. A trainspotter all day long.
    Nah that's his proud mum Doris. She'd knock yer teef art, if you look at her funny!
  • Options
    like a scene from the Greatest Showman  
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Definitely one of ours next to his left foot. A trainspotter all day long.
    Nah thats Elton John. 
  • Options

It's a Team GB gymnast getting in some beam practice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

West Ham fans will be quaking in their boots … Flat white anyone! 
  • Options
    I really hope Charlton TV put this match up to watch on demand. I had meetings during it that I had to pay attention to and couldn't watch it. I went over to Millwall TV to see if I could watch it there, but in order to sign up for Millwall TV, you need to provide you bank account details for a UK-based bank account for verification. I guess this is a UK Government-backed thing (OneID or something?), but curious how it's supposed to work for those of us with a bank named, I don't know, US Bank?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I really hope Charlton TV put this match up to watch on demand. I had meetings during it that I had to pay attention to and couldn't watch it. I went over to Millwall TV to see if I could watch it there, but in order to sign up for Millwall TV, you need to provide you bank account details for a UK-based bank account for verification. I guess this is a UK Government-backed thing (OneID or something?), but curious how it's supposed to work for those of us with a bank named, I don't know, US Bank?
    It's on millwall you tube
  • Options
    What worries me slightly is that we definitely have some excellent youngsters as we saw yesterday and with the new signings, we don't want to freeze them out. I mean, Millwall fans may wish to skirt over this but our defence lacked Hector, Jones and Edun. Kirk won't be a starter and the only sub we made who is likely to be is Camara. 

I trust Holden so I suppose it is best not worrying too much about it and leaving it to him. I do think this is the most relaxed I have been at this stage for a while.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    It's on millwall you tube
    Link? 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    To be fair, after the cachophany of utter and unadulterated shite we have suffered as supporters of this basketcase of a football club, I don't care if they are our youngsters, lower league journeymen or what we have already.  Show some bollocks on the pitch, stop making stupid mistakes in defence and do not be a pushover!

Couple more decent signings and I reckon we might get a good tilt at the play offs.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    NOT SAFE FOR WORK BECAUSE OF THE SWEARING.

This is a classic designer Millwall fan after the game.

Couple of funny things, he say they chanted '2-0 and you xxxxxx it up' without including the offending word, yet he sprinkled the language all over from the beginning, but one of the best bits is he says we (Charlton) scored two soft goals yet he didn't see the first one as he got in ten minutes late.

Classic and wonderful because he includes a double act with a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSocm35C28o
  • Options

Whats in his pockets?

A fascinating specimen.
    He could have a standard size phone and just really small legs?
  • Options
    He's also got Jeremy Beadle's right hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Skinny jeans and Millwall is a thing now?
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Well we give it our best & for a big part of the game we looked the better team
    I thought they looked poor gave us so much space their marking & passing was terrible just hitting the ball without looking up to see where their players was
    Loved the fight we showed putting them under pressure we was first to everything 
    Until the changes was made then they turned the tables & took control of the game we couldn't handle their game 
    But overall we have got to be happy with the improvement in our side just looking forward to getting this season underway 
    Come On You Reds  B)

For the first hour of the game it was us who looked like the L1 team and you looked championship. 
    I try not to read too much in to pre season friendlies but I’m not going to lie I was a bit concerned by our first half performance. 

The formation he was playing doesn’t suit us though so I’m hoping that’s a lesson learnt for Rowett and he won’t go back to a back 5 when the season starts. 

I’m still quietly confident of a top half finish with an outside chance of making the play offs. 
    The formation didn't help but it doesn't affect your bad passing or marking 
    With your starting 11 you should have took the game by the scruff instead it was us who took the game to you & like I said when you made the changes that's exactly what you done upped the pace & took the game to us 
    & I do hope you make the playoffs as I have a bet on you to go up as I do feel you have the strongest squad you have had for years 
    Get a goalie & your good to go
  • Options

I think its a very drunk Robbie Williams going for one of his walks during Angels where he gets the crowd to sing it 
  • Options
    clive said:

Correct. Only been a few years since we last beat you in the league.
  • Options
    Thought it was a great derby game and one of the best friendlies I have ever watched. The fans of both sides played there part and it was a fantastic match for both managers who I am sure were satisfied that they got a true test. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Skinny jeans and Millwall is a thing now?
    Only just seen this pic but it's obvious what he's saying to the Charlton fans.

" I'm a little teapot !"
    I’m a little tea leaf.