Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2023

Comments

• edited July 2023

The woman on the left - at least get it on rhe court, useless.

Unforced error.
  • Apparently some of it was a jigsaw, going to take them ages to put that back together so they can move it.
  • The Wimbledon authorities would have been ok if it was white
  • edited July 2023
    Katie Boulter wins in 1st round .. EDIT not boxing !! .. she wins 1st rnd match 
  • Australian Jordan Thompson playing some nice tennis on Centre Court against Djokovic.
  • Thiem/Tsitsipas goes to a fifth set.
  • Thiem/Tsitsipas goes to a fifth set.
    Good for Murray
  • Australian Jordan Thompson playing some nice tennis on Centre Court against Djokovic.
    Thompson was marked as a potential banana skin for Djokovic by the commentators as they came on court .. hasn't turned out that way so far though
    Thompson was marked as a potential banana skin for Djokovic by the commentators as they came on court .. hasn't turned out that way so far though

He's played really well and would definitely be in a match against anyone else.

Djokovic is proving himself to be far too good for the rest of the field though. Bloke isn't human.
  • Sponsored links:

• Djokovic wins 6-3 7-6 7-5. Looks ominous if someone can play that well and still lose straight sets honestly.
  • Thiem/Tsitsipas has gone to a fifth set tiebreak. First to 10 wins.
  • Tsitsipas wins it 10-8 and will face Murray in the second round.
  • edited July 2023
    A big threat in Norrie/Murray section of the draw, Seb Korda has been knocked out.

Korda got to the Queens semi final, beating Norrie along the way.
  • Murray showed the difference in level between him and Peniston today, as it wasn't as if Peniston froze. Murray simply had a lot more shots to his game.
    So what you're saying is that Murray was the bigger man, & his opponent never really grew into the game.

Sorry!
  • Massive result for Liam Broady who defeats fourth seed Casper Ruud in five sets.
  • Massive result for Liam Broady who defeats fourth seed Casper Ruud in five sets.
    Ruud always does badly on grass.
  • edited July 2023
    Order of play for Centre and No. 1 tomorrow:

Centre:
    Alcaraz [1] v Muller
    Swiatek [1] v Martic [30]
    Wawrinka v Djokovic [2]

No. 1:
    Gracheva v Sabalenka [2]
    Norrie [12] v Eubanks
    Jabeur [6] v Bai
  • Wawribka v Djokovic would have been a great match 5 years ago.
  • Katie Boulter into the third round where she’ll play defending champ Rybakina or Alize Cornet.

Cornet is a good player, knocked out Swiatek last summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wawribka v Djokovic would have been a great match 5 years ago.
    Furthest Wawrinka has got in a slam since 2020. Only playing for the love of the game to be honest, he's nearly 40 and he doesn't need the money. 
  • Hopefully he can roll back the years and dump Djokovic out.
  • Wawrinka - one of the big 4 from the 2010's
  • 9th seed Taylor Fritz knocked out by Mikael Ymer. Fritz had a two set lead.
  • Murray & Tsitsipas should be starting shortly. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Wawrinka - one of the big 4 from the 2010's

Big 5 with Andy Murray.
    TBF there was a big 3 and Andy and Stan the man were the best of the rest when you count up slams.

Liam Brody is the quintessential Journey man tennis player that is around 150 in the world and at 29 is playing his best tennis since he was a junior. No big shots but a super fit hustler. 

• Really annoys me the 1.30 centre court start. If I had a ticket today I would be thinking only 2-3 sets of the Murray match. 

On centre on Monday, hopefully an early start given the backlog.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Wawrinka - one of the big 4 from the 2010's

Big 5 with Andy Murray.
    TBF there was a big 3 and Andy and Stan the man were the best of the rest when you count up slams.

Liam Brody is the quintessential Journey man tennis player that is around 150 in the world and at 29 is playing his best tennis since he was a junior. No big shots but a super fit hustler. 

Yeah was only joking - of course Murray is up there. Just feel Stan’s grand slam wins are often overlooked. 

FWIW I think Murray is one of our greatest ever sportsman. 
  • Really annoys me the 1.30 centre court start. If I had a ticket today I would be thinking only 2-3 sets of the Murray match. 

On centre on Monday, hopefully an early start given the backlog.
    We’re on centre too on Monday. 
  • The net looks low in the middle? Is it me?