Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Current Adverts you hate!!

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Stig said:

The MacMillan Cancer advert where the (actor/talking head?) fluffs the line “You probably didn’t know my dad Robert”, putting too big a gap between ‘dad’ and ‘Robert’. This stops Robert from being his dad and makes him the listener’s. This invariably has me shouting at the radio, ‘But, my dad’s not Robert’! 

Robert DeNiro advertising Uber. WTF? Bob, are you really so poor that you need to sell your soul to Louis Cyphre?

The Gas advert that proclaims, ‘You’re Tom Daley”. No I’m not, stop messing with my head. I know who I am. 

There’s another ad that I think might be for British Gas (I can’t stand it though, so I mentally switch off before they tell me), which is essentially a menu containing a load of completely unrelated foodstuffs which ends with ‘bring it home with a spatchcock’. I presume I’m missing out on some cultural reference, but it’s just gobbledegook. Stop this nonsense.

Ads that pretend they have the endorsement of people who are dead. The Checkatrade ad where that bloke claims, “I’m Julius Caesar” strikes me as bizarre, but the use of Albert Einstein to push smart meters seems truly unfair to the great man’s memory if not completely duplicitous. How do they know that Albert would have been in favour of these devices? He might, had he lived to an improbable age, have shared exactly the same reservations that many of us have about these products.

The McDonald’s ‘Change a Little Change a Lot’ propaganda that tries to persuade us that because they now use free range eggs or that their beef comes for Britain or Ireland (so what?) they are paragons of virtue. No, they are still a shitty corporation that pays low wages, has an anti-union history and has even been implicated in the use of child labour. All this whilst pushing a culture of high calorie, low nutrition fast food.  

Worst of all though are the terrible ‘More Reasons to Shop at Morrisons’ ads. They take the iconic final phrase of Jesús González Rubio’s Jarabe Tapatio (Mexican Hat Dance) and absolutely mangle it. An extra note having to be crammed in to cater for the fact that their strapline doesn’t scan. Whoever did this should be jailed for crimes against music.

I have no idea what you saying here  - does the gap make him the viewers Dad ?
    It's a radio ad, I don't know if it's on the telly.

Sorry, I got it all around my neck. It's not my dad that's not Robert, it's me that's not Robert, if you get the drift. The gap makes it like he's addressing someone called Robert. 
    ah, gotcha.
  • Options
    The one that shouts "tasty" at a million decibels.
  • Options
    There's a little caption when the Einstein character is on screen showing that he has been licensed. You can do the same - visit https://einstein.biz/ for more info. 
  • Options
    There's a little caption when the Einstein character is on screen showing that he has been licensed. You can do the same - visit https://einstein.biz/ for more info. 
    That's interesting, I never knew that. I'm not sure if it makes it better or worse though. 'It's what he would have wanted', as people say to justify doing what they want.
  • Options
    I pretty much stopped watching TV a couple of years ago and just stream things I want to watch. On the odd ocassion there's something I want to watch, I record it, then I can whizz past the ads like a god. 
  • Options
    Transferred from the 'General Things That Annoy You' thread:

The latest Curry's adverts which have male and female bearded staff and the newest one where the supervisor has had a "Font of all Knowledge" installed within a store.

Aisling Lancaster, head of brand and advertising at Currys said: “We know that our customers relish the opportunity to get hands-on with all the amazing tech we sell, and our stores are the best possible place to do this. Not only can you try out all the latest products, but you can rely on our colleagues’ unrivaled tech expertise to help find the right tech for you.

“These ads allow us to playfully show just how far our colleagues are willing to go to make sure they are tuned in to today’s tech trends while underscoring how valuable this face-to-face service is to our customers.”

I've got news for you Aisling, your ads are not remotely funny, clever or playful, they are cringeworthy, pathetic and embarrassing and you should find yourself a new career.

• Options
    don't think I've seen any adverts for currants. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

The MacMillan Cancer advert were the (actor/talking head?) fluffs the line “You probably didn’t know my dad Robert”, putting too big a gap between ‘dad’ and ‘Robert’ and making it sound like the listener is Robert. ‘But, I'm not Robert’, I often shout at the radio!  [corrected, thanks MrOneLung] 

Robert DeNiro advertising Uber. WTF? Bob, are you really so poor that you need to sell your soul to Louis Cyphre?

The Gas advert that proclaims, ‘You’re Tom Daley”. No I’m not, stop messing with my head. I know who I am. 

There’s another ad that I think might be for British Gas (I can’t stand it though, so I mentally switch off before they tell me), which is essentially a menu containing a load of completely unrelated foodstuffs which ends with ‘bring it home with a spatchcock’. I presume I’m missing out on some cultural reference, but it’s just gobbledegook. Stop this nonsense.

Ads that pretend they have the endorsement of people who are dead. The Checkatrade ad where that bloke claims, “I’m Julius Caesar” strikes me as bizarre, but the use of Albert Einstein to push smart meters seems truly unfair to the great man’s memory if not completely duplicitous. How do they know that Albert would have been in favour of these devices? He might, had he lived to an improbable age, have shared exactly the same reservations that many of us have about these products.

The McDonald’s ‘Change a Little Change a Lot’ propaganda that tries to persuade us that because they now use free range eggs or that their beef comes for Britain or Ireland (so what?) they are paragons of virtue. No, they are still a shitty corporation that pays low wages, has an anti-union history and has even been implicated in the use of child labour. All this whilst pushing a culture of high calorie, low nutrition fast food.  

Worst of all though are the terrible ‘More Reasons to Shop at Morrisons’ ads. They take the iconic final phrase of Jesús González Rubio’s Jarabe Tapatio (Mexican Hat Dance) and absolutely mangle it. An extra note having to be crammed in to cater for the fact that their strapline doesn’t scan. Whoever did this should be jailed for crimes against music.

o:)<3  

Must rewatch it. Thanks for reminding me. 
  • Options
    The bingo one they use for The Chase. Makes my skin itch. 
  • Options
    Airtasker? - more like yeahfuckoff tasker
  • Options
    The new Yakult one.  Poor Toby Jones.  I know he is only the voiceover but the advert grinds my gears
  • Options
    The bingo one they use for The Chase. Makes my skin itch. 

I wouldn't have thought it possible but the latest version is even worse.

• Options
    Malteseres advert " This is Gerard , Grans Companion " "  Companion ? " " He calls him that because he doesnt like to imagine us getting it on "

Its a bloody chocolate your advertising not Ann Summers !
  • Options
    edited January 24
    fadgadget said:
    Malteseres advert " This is Gerard , Grans Companion " "  Companion ? " " He calls him that because he doesnt like to imagine us getting it on "

Its a bloody chocolate your advertising not Ann Summers !
    What rude bastard turns up eating Maltesers from a share bag without offering them around?! They should have have kicked his arse out door selfish bastard. Plus hes banging their Nan!
  • Options
    All car adverts in all media where there's a little bit of text at the bottom that says "UK specs may vary".

What? You mean you don't know whether they vary or not?  How fecking dumb are you? Apart from anything else the steering wheel is on the wrong fecking side in your video.

Never buy a car from a manufacturer that does not know how it builds its cars.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    'OnTheBeach' adverts with the obnoxious, loud and annoying family. Has society stooped to such low expectations that this is the target customer group for travel firms? Let's be honest, unless you are one of 'those' families, you'd be gutted to see that mob turn up at your hotel/beach/restaurant knowing full well that they are gonna be a complete pain in the Arris all week. Maybe it's a very clever and funny advert, full of deep meaning and psychology but, either way, it annoys me every time that kid grabs all the doughnuts or the dad does a leap over the sunbathers on the quiet beach. It doesn't make me want to be part of that travel company's customer base. Imagine arriving at the airport and the transfer coach is full of that gormless lot. God forbid! Yes, I know the idea of advertising is to be 'memorable' but they're missing the point with me as I'd think twice about going with them even if they offered a great deal.
    I hate it because it starts off with a xmas song (it's the most wonderful time of the year)....AND ITS  NOT DECEMBER !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The on the beach family. My God you do anything to stay from that fecking family on holiday….
    I'd shag the mum and avoid the rest.
  • Options
    The on the beach family. My God you do anything to stay from that fecking family on holiday….
    As I posted yesterday, she's a proper would ya and a definite yes from me
  • Options
    edited January 24
    MoneySupermarket I question the business value of giving away free ipads to strangers in order to get them a cheap insurance quote.
  • Options
    Tesco whoosh 
  • Options
    Webuyanycar.
  • Options
    Webuyanycar.
    com
  • Options
    As I posted yesterday, she's a proper would ya and a definite yes from me
    Camilla Arfwedson?
  • Options
    edited January 25
    The Hotel.com advert with this dirge playing on it -

https://youtu.be/QqiF6QvSUNg?si=CzAkQ4FfC0w9XAod