Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Current Adverts you hate!!

edited June 2023 in General Charlton
The velux advert with the block looking at his ceiling like he's having a stroke?.

The two adverts with the dirge "This girl is on fire" as music, one is Lloyds and the girl falling off her bike, the even more intensely evil one has a choir gargling Listerine! I cant get to the remote fast enough.

Comments

• Genuinely can't remember any current adverts, annoying or not.

Think it's a combination of streaming shows over live TV, and just ignoring them to go and make a drink, or muting the phone for a couple of minutes on All4 etc at the start of a programme.
  • Zopa Bank's irritating jingle 
  • edited June 2023
    We buy any car. If I had a car to sell I wouldn’t use them solely because of that advert.

"Just sold my car...to we buy any car"

Tune.
  • We buy any car. If I had a car to sell I wouldn’t use them solely because of that advert.

"Just sold my car...at we buy any car"

Tune.
  • Harry Rednapp on the radio with Sarn this and Sarn that - drives me mad. 

Surely he has enough money to turn down this humiliation.
  • Harry Rednapp on the radio with Sarn this and Sarn that - drives me mad. 

Surely he has enough money to turn down this humiliation.
    Dame Judy Dench is doing some sort of insurance comparison site’s adverts!
  • edited June 2023
    That ad about the search engine that plants trees. I must have seen it 50 times and I still have no idea what's going on. 
  • Not something i hate and i guess it's not been seen by many in the UK, but in terms of being absolutely terrible this advert is hard to beat. Fuck knows how much they had to pay him to be in this absolute mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5xPnWNVr1c
  • Sponsored links:

• Hal1x said:
    The velux advert with the block looking at his ceiling like he's having a stroke?.

The two adverts with the dirge "This girl is on fire" as music, one is Lloyds and the girl falling off her bike, the even more intensely evil one has a choir gargling Listerine! I cant get to the remote fast enough.
    Quite like the Lloyds advert, part of it was filmed on the East Hill, Hastings so I'm a tad biased.
  • Those fecking meerkats and sky minions! 
  • All adverts are irritating as hell, I can't remember the last advert that piqued my interest for the right reasons, we got Sky Stream recently instead of Sky Q and one of the perks is being able to skip all adverts on the catch up stuff, and anything I watch live is sports so hardly any ads in that (apart from the American sports but then I just have my phone handy and the mute button)
  • That Tesco mobile advert with the man stuck down a Well & then asking a shopping trolley to run off to get some help from a worker who also speaks to the trolley,it then returns with sausages…I mean wtaf 
    Have to turn the TV to another channel as soon as this comes on.
  • That radio advert for some magazine (I think) where the fella overemphasises the sub in subscription ridiculously. “Get your SUBscription” and “make sure you SUBscribe”. Have to mute it immediately.
  • Passive aggressive adverts telling us we are pronouncing the name wrong. Hyundai and Skoda at the moment. Bad luck chaps, our accent is different. You should have learned from IKEA who did similar and got nowhere…
    This. Especially with Hyundai. They 100% pronounced it the old way for years on their advertisements. Why not say “we’ve decided to pronounce it…”? instead of telling people they’re pronouncing it wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any Go Compare ad…..past or present.
    Never liked them from the word go……the theme has been done to death!🙁
  • Any ads with cheerful whistling - seems to be a trend for blinds and another couple of products that I’ve blanked out because of my annoyance.
  • The wordsearch advert where you can win £12,500 CASH! 

Find the ITV3 show (usually in the top line of the puzzle) and for a bonus, find a flower or something else.

The way the voiceover keeps saying the prize is annoying af, and if you check the small print, it'll cost over a tenner to enter for both prizes.

• Hal1x said:

Quite like the Lloyds advert, part of it was filmed on the East Hill, Hastings so I'm a tad biased.
    Its the song that bloody gets me.
  • edited June 2023
    I used to sell them years ago when they first imported them definitely told by Hyundai that it was said the old way. Bit blimming late to change it, and suggesting it was our fault for saying it wrong.
  • I must be honest, everything we seem to watch it (apart from live sport) is always on a delay where we've started slightly late, paused to make a cuppa, toilet break, put the washing out etc, so we always skip through any ads...  occasionally we catch a couple of seconds of one where we've hit play again too early!

Shame I cant do that when I'm listening to bloody Talksport.
    Davina and 'I want to bring men into the menopause conversation' her book can go and do one!
  • Whatever it is with the big hairy cow on a Motorbike to the tune of “She’s like the wind”. 

Guaranteed to make my dog launch himself at the screen barking. 
  • sam3110 said:
    All adverts are irritating as hell, I can't remember the last advert that piqued my interest for the right reasons, we got Sky Stream recently instead of Sky Q and one of the perks is being able to skip all adverts on the catch up stuff, and anything I watch live is sports so hardly any ads in that (apart from the American sports but then I just have my phone handy and the mute button)
    Weren’t there five advertising posters a certain Addick in Prague did that we all are rather fond of?
  • We buy any car. If I had a car to sell I wouldn’t use them solely because of that advert.

"Just sold my car...at we buy any car"

Tune.
    I wanted them to loose last night solely due to this video.
  • All the webuyanycar adverts