Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dog attacks

12346»

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    If I’m not mistaken more people are bitten by chihuahuas than breeds considered to be “aggressive”!
    Few of them have had to have a funeral director turn up after though. 
    Absolutely, I was just pointing out that most dog bites come from handbag-accessory dogs not the big bad agressive ones.
  • T_C_E said:
    So many people buy a dog not only knowing nothing about dogs but their chosen breed. 
    The wonderfully named Cockerpoo fetching 2/3k I’m told is also available under the name of crossbreed/mongrel from most rescues for £150/250, this isn’t some elite pedigree owner looking down on crossbreeds it’s people that get one because “they don’t moult” they do lose hair but just not in the quantity of other breeds, no other research is done into the fact they are both working dogs and I’ve never known a cocker spaniel without a high drive and like a poodle is a working dog. Result you get a dog with both requirements and the need to be doing something, a walk to the post office isn’t enough but it doesn’t moult so we’ll get one and wonder why it’s bouncing off the walls because we couldn’t be arsed to correctly exercise it today!
    Children like the dogs have to be taught how to behave and earn each other’s respect, you won’t see my grandchildren laying on my dogs for a supposedly cute photo and likewise you won’t see my dogs jumping up at them.
    I only today corrected a lady on a mobility scooter when she tried to encourage Bow to put his paws up on her scooter so she fuss him easier, as I said when he sees you again on your walking frame if he were to get the same signal she’s on her arse.
    Training is not something you can forget about for a day it’s repetitive, day in day out. 

We got Magnus (we gave him that name) from a dog home, he cost us £185. We believe he is a springerpoo. 

He has given us so much more to our family. However we don’t know his history, as he was found on the streets. He hates hoses and will run a mile when he see you with one.
    That’s some intense eyes he’s got there! 
  • Boom said:
    T_C_E said:
    So many people buy a dog not only knowing nothing about dogs but their chosen breed. 
    The wonderfully named Cockerpoo fetching 2/3k I’m told is also available under the name of crossbreed/mongrel from most rescues for £150/250, this isn’t some elite pedigree owner looking down on crossbreeds it’s people that get one because “they don’t moult” they do lose hair but just not in the quantity of other breeds, no other research is done into the fact they are both working dogs and I’ve never known a cocker spaniel without a high drive and like a poodle is a working dog. Result you get a dog with both requirements and the need to be doing something, a walk to the post office isn’t enough but it doesn’t moult so we’ll get one and wonder why it’s bouncing off the walls because we couldn’t be arsed to correctly exercise it today!
    Children like the dogs have to be taught how to behave and earn each other’s respect, you won’t see my grandchildren laying on my dogs for a supposedly cute photo and likewise you won’t see my dogs jumping up at them.
    I only today corrected a lady on a mobility scooter when she tried to encourage Bow to put his paws up on her scooter so she fuss him easier, as I said when he sees you again on your walking frame if he were to get the same signal she’s on her arse.
    Training is not something you can forget about for a day it’s repetitive, day in day out. 

We got Magnus (we gave him that name) from a dog home, he cost us £185. We believe he is a springerpoo. 

He has given us so much more to our family. However we don’t know his history, as he was found on the streets. He hates hoses and will run a mile when he see you with one.
    That’s some intense eyes he’s got there! 
    Too much Guinness I presume