Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace ground sharing with us? 2024/2025 season.

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The Valley isn't currently "premier league ready" is it? 
    They can pay for them then...

The lounges and media rooms will need updating. New dugouts will be needed, upgraded floodlights and VAR equipment installed.
  • Options
    Close this thread… my April fools day has come 2 months late. Not true in the slightest. Apologies all 🫤🫤
    Set to be announced the same day Glen Rea signs his contract in SE7.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How the hell cant the Valley be Premier League ready? - What a joke that League has become when a team thats spent time in said Division, no longer has the Ground to play in it, when its the exact same one
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How the hell cant the Valley be Premier League ready? - What a joke that League has become when a team thats spent time in said Division, no longer has the Ground to play in it, when its the exact same one
    Luton’s ground is Premiership standard 🤓
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Must be closer to the required standard than Kenilworth? 
  • Options
    Close this thread… my April fools day has come 2 months late. Not true in the slightest. Apologies all 🫤🫤

You've gone and spoiled it now - I think it would be a nice gesture to provide a temporary home to our friends across south east London as it would have been the neighbourly thing to do.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    No chance, The Valley will have been bulldozed by our new owners by then and we’ll be playing our home games at Ebbsfleet.

Plus, Palace will surely share with another team from Surrey, like Carshalton or Woking.
    Apart from the big stand behind the goal Woking is an absolute dump! So I guess they wouldn't be able to tell the difference. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It’s not, it’s reported they need to spend £10m on it to make it ‘premier league friendly’ 
  • Options
    Palace got planning permission last October - for a second time as their last permission had expired. They had to buy land (back?) from Sainsbury’s as well as six houses that are standing in the way of the new stand. 

I think that Palace had to move out for a spell, this would probably have been flagged up in the planning documents (you need to submit a construction plan as part of the process) https://insidecroydon.com/2022/10/21/palace-granted-permission-again-for-100m-stand-at-selhurst/
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    About a million quids worth of floodlight upgrades for starters, probably a couple of million on media upgrades, then the dressing rooms and dugouts etc etc 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine spending £100m quid on one single stand, and the people that sit in it have to contend with the fact that they'll be looking across at 3 absolutely shite stands full of piss-stained virgins
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

You've gone and spoiled it now - I think it would be a nice gesture to provide a temporary home to our friends across south east London as it would have been the neighbourly thing to do.
    Yes, I have no objection to Dulwich Hamlet, unless they’re playing Welling of course.
  • Options
    Insist they loan JRS back to us as a condition!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It’s not, it’s reported they need to spend £10m on it to make it ‘premier league friendly’ 
    Whoosh.
  • Options
    I don't understand the animosity. Don't you lot remember how Palace came to Charlton's rescue and saved them?

Lot's of Love, Simon Jordan
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    West Ham is bigger, or Stamford Bridge.
    I don't want them here for much less than £30 million a year.
    The 75 bus route is going to be busy if it happens.
    And to piss them off even more the 75 terminates at Lewisham now.
  • Options
    I suspect RD would have a keen interest in this development.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    seth plum said:
    West Ham is bigger, or Stamford Bridge.
    I don't want them here for much less than £30 million a year.
    The 75 bus route is going to be busy if it happens.
    And to piss them off even more the 75 terminates at Lewisham now.
    Let ‘em walk the rest of the way!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The requirements go up each season. Man Utd had to get rid of a load of seats to provide more spaces for disabled fans. It's mainly media requirements, all pretty silly stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace got planning permission last October - for a second time as their last permission had expired. They had to buy land (back?) from Sainsbury’s as well as six houses that are standing in the way of the new stand. 

I think that Palace had to move out for a spell, this would probably have been flagged up in the planning documents (you need to submit a construction plan as part of the process) https://insidecroydon.com/2022/10/21/palace-granted-permission-again-for-100m-stand-at-selhurst/
    Ain’t. Never. Going. To. Happen…they only avoid  relegation because other teams manage to implode and this season Roy was available for one last hurrah. That development is a massive risk, particularly when as someone has already posted the other 3 stands are not necessarily that great. They are also in the wrong place because ideally the whole ground should be moved over to towards the sainsbury car park so the Arthur Waite stand can be developed, which must be long overdue as well. (68/69 it was still a small mud bank and a few terrace steps so from memory was probably built in the early 70’s)
  • Options
    What is the reason people hate palace ? Is it just because they are the local rivals or something more? 

lolz....
  • Options
    What is the reason people hate palace ? Is it just because they are the local rivals or something more? 

lolz....
    Genuine question. Enlighten me
  • Options

lolz....
    No idea. Up until 1964 we had played them 12 times. We did not play them for nearly 30 years as they were in lower divisions than us from about 1935 . When I first went to Charlton in 1954 until moving to OZ in 1963 there was no rivalry.
    From what I have gleaned from this forum is that some supporters were put out by playing at Selhurst and that some Palace supporters did not make us welcome. Also they don't like Simon Jordon as he had a spak attack because we pinched there manager. Compounding this when we drew last match of a season 2004/5 it got them relegated and our fans chanted Palace are going down which had a negative response from Simon Jordan.That's how I understand it. It's pointless really.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Rename the ground Charlton Palace.

I think I feel a ban coming on.

The Simpsons gif Homer is frozen standing very still with a blank expression on his face He slowly slides himself backwards into a bush to disappear and hide

• Options

lolz....

have you ever encountered many Palace fans? Have you been to Selhurst? Have you seen the "Ultra's"? Have you seen the crap they spout about being "South London and proud"?

They are our local rivals, but honestly, I have mates who support West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs etc who cant stand them. They are weird, arrogant wannabe types.

They are the kid at school that thought everyone liked them but had no mates and in fact everyone avoided cos they were weird and bored them with inane drivel chat.

There are exceptions of course, but generally, this is my experience of their fans.

Oh and Selhurst is the worst ground in London.
    I can only think of two palace fans in i've come across in day to day life , they seemed reasonably normal.  Only been to selhurst once when Rommedahl scored the winner. 

I mean i get a bit of banter between us and them but some of the comments i see are just a bit silly really especially the ones about not being about to vote for Rak-Seyki because he is  from Palace. Or ones that seem genuinely hateful towards them.  

Every club has dickhead fans/weird fans also.
  • Options

Local rivals and both clubs have an inferiority complex, so it's really a race to the bottom, which we have sadly been winning the last few years.