Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace ground sharing with us? 2024/2025 season.

Heard a rumour that Palace are going to be ground-sharing with us at the start of the 2024/2025 because they have been approved increasing one of their stands? 😮😮
Have any of you lifers heard this rumour which could potentially be true and what are your thoughts on it? 

Comments

• Charge them a million pounds per match.
  • Let them come...I'm sure we can sort a portacabin for them...even a little Eagle and stuff them for 500k a month 😉
  • I got to say it makes me feel "Glad all over"
  • Cost them a fortune on having to do the upgrades to make the place Premier League ready 
  • Why can't they share at Plough Lane? Or Sutton?
  • seth plum said:
    Why can't they share at Plough Lane? Or Sutton?
    Because they want to use a bigger ground than they've got. 
  • Imagine they go down next year and we go up… couldn’t bare to sit in the Jimmy Seed Stand as the Away fans when they will be the home team…. Again it’s just a rumour I heard, might not actually happen 🤞🤞
  • West Ham is bigger, or Stamford Bridge.
    I don't want them here for much less than £30 million a year.
    The 75 bus route is going to be busy if it happens.
  • They've had plans to rebuild their main stand for years. This is the first time I've heard a suggestion that they'd move out though while it was being done.

• Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    West Ham is bigger, or Stamford Bridge.
    Yes but it's only 20 minutes on the bus. Easy peasy.
  • The Valley isn't currently "premier league ready" is it? 
  • se9addick said:
    Imagine they go down next year and we go up… couldn’t bare to sit in the Jimmy Seed Stand as the Away fans when they will be the home team…. Again it’s just a rumour I heard, might not actually happen 🤞🤞
    I really, really, wouldn’t worry about at least one of those things happening!
    That is true mate 
  • You can see Thomas Sandgaard now making calculations and trying to work out will I be better off or not?

As for Palace paying towards Charltons running costs , that would be payback after waiting 33years.

Sure it’s like the story that Went round before we played our last game at Selhurst Park,
    it will burn to the ground , didn’t happen but fire crews and engine in attendance.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The Valley isn't currently "premier league ready" is it? 
    Probably more suitable for the prem than shitehurst.
  • It would probably be the closest ground of a suitable capacity to their supporter base that wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg - can you imagine what Chelsea, Fulham or Brentford would charge them? - so not too unbelievable.
  • edited May 2023
    Probably a no sub-let clause in the lease with Duchatalet :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope they hate it as much as we did I know a few of our fans gave up going altogether & never been back since 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The Valley isn't currently "premier league ready" is it? 
    Probably more suitable for the prem than shitehurst.
    It's the "facilities" you now need that you didn't when we were in the prem.
  • Phenomenal work, you should be proud of yourself 
  • Can they pay us in Rak-Sakyis? 
  • Leuth said:
    Phenomenal work, you should be proud of yourself 
    I’m not 😂😂
  • Close this thread… my April fools day has come 2 months late. Not true in the slightest. Apologies all 🫤🫤
    Didn't think it was for a second. 

• Sure it’s like the story that Went round before we played our last game at Selhurst Park,
    it will burn to the ground , didn’t happen but fire crews and engine in attendance.
    It did, but no one could tell the difference.
  • seth plum said:
    West Ham is bigger, or Stamford Bridge.
    Yes but it's only 20 minutes on the bus. Easy peasy.
    It's less than that, more like nine or ten minutes door to door.